Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #511
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Source???

The ONLY rumor I have heard with regards to the QSDP and the mugs is that if and when the mugs can be used in the parks, they will remove the drink entitlement with the QSDP and people will use their included mugs for all QSDP meals. Again, that is just a rumor. As far as I know, they intend to keep mugs included in all dining plans.
Carrying mugs to the theme parks might make sense if you want to, and are allowed, to refill it at will during the day. People who only want a soda with their meal won't be happy if they have to take their mug to the parks in order to get a drink with their meal.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #512
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Carrying mugs to the theme parks might make sense if you want to, and are allowed, to refill it at will during the day. People who only want a soda with their meal won't be happy if they have to take their mug to the parks in order to get a drink with their meal.
100% agree.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #513
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
What I heard with regards to the parks (reasonably reliable source, but even they weren't sure on this) is that they would somehow work the MagicBands in, unlike the resorts. But if they attached a "mug refill" entitlement to the band, perhaps you'd be able to go to the park and get a paper cup when needed, and no need to carry the mug.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #514
Lifeangel1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzu310
Does anyone know if the water that comes out of the pop machine is linked into the rapid fill system too? I used to fill my water bottle before hitting the parks each day but with these new mugs I might not be able to any more unless I fill my RFID mug with water and dump it into my water bottle. I am pregnant again this year so I have to drink TONS of water and we have free dining so we get the mugs for free.
Was at Pop last week. My dgs used the water in machine to rinse out mug instead of sink (yes, we explained the proper method of using sink) but when he tried to fill with soda, he had to wait two minutes.

1986 off-site, 1990 off-site, 1992 off-site, 1997 off-site, 2001 off-site, 2005 off-site, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, WBC, 2012 CBR, 2013 POP, 2014 AoA
Lifeangel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #515
Amanda999
Mouseketeer

water is NOT limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzu310 View Post
Does anyone know if the water that comes out of the pop machine is linked into the rapid fill system too? I used to fill my water bottle before hitting the parks each day but with these new mugs I might not be able to any more unless I fill my RFID mug with water and dump it into my water bottle. I am pregnant again this year so I have to drink TONS of water and we have free dining so we get the mugs for free.
Hi zuzu310 - I was at POFQ and POR (split stay) for 2 weeks ending Sep. 3. RFID was up and running at both. I assure you that the water on the soda 'machine' is NOT connected to the RFID. I didn't have the mug until POR (5 days until my FD pin started); many CMs assured me that I can fill my own cup/water bottle/a free paper cup they will give you with water (and ice if you wish) as often as you like. One even said "we cannot deny you water."

I filled a dark blue 24 ounce water bottle daily at both POR and POFQ, confirming with a CM if one was nearby several times that it was ok (because the RFID clearly wasn't operating when I pushed the water 'spigot.')

So, no worries with the water that is one of the spigots on the soda 'machines.'
Amanda999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #516
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Can anyone confirm when you buy a 3-day mug, the days are day of purchase and 2 more days?

When I picked up my LOS mug on August 24, it was valid until 9/9 which would be 17 days. Odd.

35+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #517
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Can anyone confirm when you buy a 3-day mug, the days are day of purchase and 2 more days?

When I picked up my LOS mug on August 24, it was valid until 9/9 which would be 17 days. Odd.
I am not positive about the answer to your question, but I purchased our LOS mugs at the BC on August 18 and they were also valid until September 9. I wonder if that was a random date chosen at the beginning of the program and it will be changing? Everything I have read though indicates that it would be the day of purchase plus two more days.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #518
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post

Hadn't thought about it, but I believe it is the day of purchase, and the next X days, expiring at midnight.

Interesting that you got 17 days, since it sounded like there was a technical limit of 14...

Here's something I learned today...apparently, if you purchase the mugs at a food court that takes Tables In Wonderland, the discount is good on the mugs...not 100% sure of it, that's what I'm hearing.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 09-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #519
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

Hadn't thought about it, but I believe it is the day of purchase, and the next X days, expiring at midnight.

Interesting that you got 17 days, since it sounded like there was a technical limit of 14...

Here's something I learned today...apparently, if you purchase the mugs at a food court that takes Tables In Wonderland, the discount is good on the mugs...not 100% sure of it, that's what I'm hearing.
It's always been good on the mugs so it would make sense that it continues.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #520
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
It's always been good on the mugs so it would make sense that it continues.
I'm probably not remembering as it's been a while since I've gotten them, and had a TIW card at the same time...

But if you are getting a few of them, it can be worth the jaunt to get them at POP or AOA, as you'd be saving something like $3 each...

Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #521
jetdoctor
Earning My Ears

I have a spilt stay POR & WL do I have to buy two length of stays at $17.99

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #522
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoctor View Post
I have a spilt stay POR & WL do I have to buy two length of stays at $17.99

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
No. One "length of stay" will cover any contiguous stay.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #523
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

Well, sounds like my decision earlier this year to give up all these beverages was a good idea, for more reasons than I realized. I'm thankfully going to be able to avoid all of this rapidfill business. Except for water.

Disney is getting so complicated these days... !!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #524
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
Well, sounds like my decision earlier this year to give up all these beverages was a good idea, for more reasons than I realized. I'm thankfully going to be able to avoid all of this rapidfill business. Except for water.

Disney is getting so complicated these days... !!
Doesn't sound complicated to me. You drink a lot of soda and coffee at your resort you buy a mug. Fill it. Bring it to your table. Drink. Go back if you want a refill.

You have an old mug. Leave it home.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #525
jetdoctor
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

No. One "length of stay" will cover any contiguous stay.
Thanks for the info

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: