Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #346
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
How do you know if you are making a reservation that can be changed or canceled? I see some pay now now cheaper than pay later options. Does that make a difference?
You cannot cancel prepaid options, only reservations you pay for at the counter.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14, 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #347
twoodson
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose

You cannot cancel prepaid options, only reservations you pay for at the counter.
It varies by company. For example, Budget charges $10 to cancel a prepaid rental.

http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html...ls/prepay.html
twoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #348
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,980

Thanks for your help!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #349
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL
 
n2mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Virgina
Posts: 17,974

Less than 5 weeks now from my trip and this morning my rates are starting to inch back UP. I fully expect this as we get closer to the Columbus Day weekend. Anyone not booking should book something just in case they don't drop.

Just an Update: I just checked again, and inch nothing, my price went up over $100 more now from when I checked this morning. Glad I got something I can live with.
__________________
2014 TRIPS
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV
Nov. 9-16 on the Disney Magic 7 night Cruise

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?


Last edited by n2mm; 09-12-2013 at 11:08 AM.
n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #350
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,892

If you can work with paying for 2nd driver $10/day or don't need that feature...just checked Dollar for midsize 8 days beginning 10/5, under "Specials" 15%

Promo Code : 5C11M


1 Week at $98.00 per week. Unlimited mileage.
1 Extra Day at $13.99 per day.

est total $152

doesn't beat my Alamo rate with 2nd driver free though, maybe somebody else will get lucky
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #351
denneg
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: http://www.swawtraveldenise.com/
Posts: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
Less than 5 weeks now from my trip and this morning my rates are starting to inch back UP. I fully expect this as we get closer to the Columbus Day weekend. Anyone not booking should book something just in case they don't drop.

Just an Update: I just checked again, and inch nothing, my price went up over $100 more now from when I checked this morning. Glad I got something I can live with.
Wow, just checked my dates 18 days out and the price is way up. Glad it dropped so low last week and I was able to snatch up a great rate!
__________________
Upcoming trips: September 2014 & February 2015

denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #352
LVTiffy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 126

WOWWWWW..i went onto dollar to reserve a car from 10/09-10/17 using the 15% off coupon on the site. A mid size was about 150. I then decided to sign up for their express program, came back to actually reserve the car and it jumped to $230. literally in a 10 minute time frame..wow!!!
LVTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #353
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
Less than 5 weeks now from my trip and this morning my rates are starting to inch back UP. I fully expect this as we get closer to the Columbus Day weekend. Anyone not booking should book something just in case they don't drop.

Just an Update: I just checked again, and inch nothing, my price went up over $100 more now from when I checked this morning. Glad I got something I can live with.
I know I just played this same crazy game in May, but MAN, I can't get over how much the rates have jumped in the past 36 hours! I'm happy I have a reservation I'm at least comfortable with for October, but I'll still keep my eyes peeled for a deal.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14, 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #354
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
If you can work with paying for 2nd driver $10/day or don't need that feature...just checked Dollar for midsize 8 days beginning 10/5, under "Specials" 15%

Promo Code : 5C11M


1 Week at $98.00 per week. Unlimited mileage.
1 Extra Day at $13.99 per day.

est total $152

doesn't beat my Alamo rate with 2nd driver free though, maybe somebody else will get lucky
I rebooked my 2 Oct. Dollar reservations last night. First one 10/10-15 went from $182 to $131 for a compact. 2nd one 10/26-30 went from $188 to $113 also for a compact. I'm very happy with that. It was $4-5 more if I had wanted an standard. It's just 2 of us though so a compact is fine.

It was the same price when I searched with or without signing in to my Express account. I was worried because sometimes the prices shoots up when you log in. The price went way up when I tried to combine the 15% off with the AAA id code. I've successfully combined them before but not this time. I'll keep checking but even if the prices don't drop I'm happy with those 2 prices. Now if I could just get something for Dec.
__________________
horselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #355
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
 
mdsd8700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 2,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I know I just played this same crazy game in May, but MAN, I can't get over how much the rates have jumped in the past 36 hours! I'm happy I have a reservation I'm at least comfortable with for October, but I'll still keep my eyes peeled for a deal.
Agree, I keep checking to hoping to find a better deal, but all I see is higher prices. Same thing happened in June for us.
__________________


All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #356
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
I rebooked my 2 Oct. Dollar reservations last night. First one 10/10-15 went from $182 to $131 for a compact. 2nd one 10/26-30 went from $188 to $113 also for a compact. I'm very happy with that. It was $4-5 more if I had wanted an standard. It's just 2 of us though so a compact is fine.

It was the same price when I searched with or without signing in to my Express account. I was worried because sometimes the prices shoots up when you log in. The price went way up when I tried to combine the 15% off with the AAA id code. I've successfully combined them before but not this time. I'll keep checking but even if the prices don't drop I'm happy with those 2 prices. Now if I could just get something for Dec.
I never thought to try to combine w/AAA code.

Do you have any idea if you can call them to add your express account after booking the reservation?
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #357
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
I never thought to try to combine w/AAA code.

Do you have any idea if you can call them to add your express account after booking the reservation?
I've done it so I guess the answer is yes.
__________________
horselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #358
bananasplitkids
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 429

Just re-booked with Hertz as it was cheaper. Originally had a compact rental for $86 and re-booked going the pre-paid route as it was $59 for an intermediate for October 3-7, which I think is a great deal!
bananasplitkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #359
dsamama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 63

I just booked with dollar for 8 days oct 24-nov1 full size est total 189.85 using the 15% off code.
i have a ressie for alamo for a standard for 310...clearly the 190 is better...but is there a reason for dollar being so much less...worse service? hidden fees?
Does anyone know about the toll pass thing. I am a little unsure about how it works and am afraid of building up a ton of other fees.....we will be traveling down to clearwater beach area to visit FIL for a few days before driving back up to legoland then disney for 6 nights.
Also this is a first for us....for those of you who do this a lot. Do you get extra insurance or whatever? Or do you just pay the rate quoted and go?
__________________


dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #360
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
I've done it so I guess the answer is yes.
thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananasplitkids View Post
Just re-booked with Hertz as it was cheaper. Originally had a compact rental for $86 and re-booked going the pre-paid route as it was $59 for an intermediate for October 3-7, which I think is a great deal!
don't think you'd be able to beat that rate
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: