Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
kandb
DIS Veteran

? about AD2338FDF code

Just want to double check before messing up my discounted reservation at Alamo. Is this $30 off a code that I HAVE to use a visa credit card for? Thanks
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
SilverMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Just want to double check before messing up my discounted reservation at Alamo. Is this $30 off a code that I HAVE to use a visa credit card for? Thanks
YES, you must rent with your visa card to receive this discount.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
kandb
DIS Veteran

OK, thanks. Do I actually need to give them a coupon?
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
jadejazzkayla
always planning the next trip.

i don't see this coupon listed on the visa discount website. does anyone else? I don't want to be denied at the counter.
jadejazzkayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is there an expiration date on this code? TIA .

Quote:
Do I actually need to give them a coupon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadejazzkayla View Post
i don't see this coupon listed on the visa discount website. does anyone else? I don't want to be denied at the counter.
I've used this kind of discount in the past and while I never had an actual coupon, I emailed Alamo about it as I wanted to make sure no coupon was needed. After receiving Alamo's response, I printed it out and put it with our vacation paperwork just in case. I was more comfortable having something in print just in case I was asked for a coupon at MCO, but nothing came up and everything worked out great. So if you're a little worried like I was, I suggest emailing Alamo so you have something just in case .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
jadejazzkayla
always planning the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I've used this kind of discount in the past and while I never had an actual coupon, I emailed Alamo about it as I wanted to make sure no coupon was needed. After receiving Alamo's response, I printed it out and put it with our vacation paperwork just in case. I was more comfortable having something in print just in case I was asked for a coupon at MCO, but nothing came up and everything worked out great. So if you're a little worried like I was, I suggest emailing Alamo so you have something just in case .
i'm trying to figure out if this alamo coupon is affiliated with visa or not. I looked on the visa discount website and did not see it listed. Without knowing where the coupon comes from, I can't figure out if I am eligible to use it.

Last edited by jadejazzkayla; 07-17-2013 at 08:12 PM.
jadejazzkayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

I used the code, and will be using my Visa to secure the rental at MCO. I also plan on using the kiosk at MCO and bypassing the counter completely.

Last year I used a code from American Airlines for $35 off a rental at Alamo - which I did not book my flights on, but found the code on Mousesavers. I used the kiosk and then went right to the garage to pick out a car. No one denied me the discount, nor did the Alamo employee at the garage exit question me about the rate I had once she reviewed my paperwork, Oh wait - I digress ...she did say, "Wow, what a great rate for a premium car".

As far as I am concerned, if the Visa code was not valid, I would not be able to use it on the Alamo site when I reserved a car. If the code was invalid, I'm sure the site would not allow it.
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadejazzkayla View Post
i'm trying to figure out if this alamo coupon is affiliated with visa. i looked on the visa discount website and did not see it listed. without knowing where the coupon comes from, I can't figure out if I am eligible to use it.
Oh ok....I misunderstood, but I see what you're saying now.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Boston-Bill
Earning My Ears

?

?
Boston-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Donna M
DIS Veteran

I used this code last year. You have to pay with the VISA card. There is no coupon. If the website lets you proceed then it should be good to go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: