Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #691
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
if we are a party of 9 but want to split the bill into two separate bills (party of 5 and party of 4) will they still automatically add the 18% to EACH bill?
Thanks!
the smiths (party of 5) have a bill of 150. the joneses(party of 4) have a bill of 100. the smiths added tip wil be 27 an the jonses tip will be 18. (each bill has a tip of 18% of that bill only added.) (if the bill had not been split, the tip would be 45. see it's the same either way.)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #692
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Two questions. Sorry if they have been asked before. Is the 18% and 20% tip options that Disney puts on the receipt based on the amount before or after tax? Also, if we are a party of 9 but want to split the bill into two separate bills (party of 5 and party of 4) will they still automatically add the 18% to EACH bill?
Thanks!
pre tax. All tipping in the US is based on pre tax amount, though most people tip on the full amount just by not paying attention.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #693
momandseandodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
You tip on the amount before taxes.

If you want to put the money for tips in envelopes, please make sure to take it out of the envelope before giving it to the server. They handle a lot of pieces of paper throughout the night and there is a good chance that it will get thrown away.
Good idea to take it to of the env. I never did the last time I will now for sure
Old 09-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #694
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

I was always wondering the same thing about tipping at WPE, I am a server but this place confuses me..It says QS but they do bring your food but you get your own drinks..Soooo are you suppose to tip something? You would think I of anyone would know but some places have my stumped...

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
mom2my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #695
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2my3kids View Post
I was always wondering the same thing about tipping at WPE, I am a server but this place confuses me..It says QS but they do bring your food but you get your own drinks..Soooo are you suppose to tip something? You would think I of anyone would know but some places have my stumped...
You should tip, but you can probably tip a bit less than you normally would if you want.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #696
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

I'm sure this has been answered but there are too many pages to go through. Are gratuities included at Cinderellas royal table if I am on the disney dining plan? Or do I tip?
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #697
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
I'm sure this has been answered but there are too many pages to go through. Are gratuities included at Cinderellas royal table if I am on the disney dining plan? Or do I tip?
They are included

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Wilderness Lodge 12/25 - 12/26, Grand Floridian CL 12/26 - 1/5/2015

Mike&AllisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #698
dgskwera
Earning My Ears

I am not sure if this has been asked before...but here goes:

We usually do the DDP and use our Chase Visa Disney Rewards to pay for our tips. Our next trip will be our first trip without the DDP, instead we will be using TIW discount. Is it possible to pay for the meal with gift cards then use our Disney Rewards to pay for the tips????
dgskwera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #699
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgskwera

We usually do the DDP and use our Chase Visa Disney Rewards to pay for our tips. Our next trip will be our first trip without the DDP, instead we will be using TIW discount. Is it possible to pay for the meal with gift cards then use our Disney Rewards to pay for the tips????
Yes, just give both to the server and explain which you want to use for which one
Old 11-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #700
lilaggie2002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgskwera View Post

I'm wondering the same thing..but can you pay tips with a giftcard? We are on the DDP so I am unsure how it works when it comes to the actual tips and if they have to charge them to our room, etc. Any ideas? Also, my idea is to buy them at Target so I can save a little money.
lilaggie2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #701
mom2of2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaggie2002

I'm wondering the same thing..but can you pay tips with a giftcard? We are on the DDP so I am unsure how it works when it comes to the actual tips and if they have to charge them to our room, etc. Any ideas? Also, my idea is to buy them at Target so I can save a little money.
Yes you can use a gift card for tips. Just tell the server you're on the DDP and to charge the tip to your gift card
Old 11-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #702
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

Sorry - I sure it has been answered many times, but I didn't read though all the pages.

2 rooms - 6 people - dining plan - cash tips paid by one room?

I know that there will be an automatic 18% added to the bills but I want to pay for all the tips for both rooms - how do I accomplish that? I don't want the tip for the other room to be charged to their room when they take the credits off the magic band for the dining plan.

Before there were 6 of us - I would just mark on other bill in their tip section and pay it all with cash - but I don't know if I can do that now.
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #703
mom2of2

You can still do what you used to do. Just let the server know that you intend to pay the grat on both rooms
Old 01-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #704
3PrincessesAndaFrog
Earning My Ears

In August, we went to Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, it was busy. Server had too many tables and took forever getting drinks and clearing table. We were using dining plan, when we finally were given our bill, he did not allow a spot for a tip using our cc. After waiting another 15 minutes, and asking another server to locate him. We waited an additional 10. Finally we left without leaving a tip, which I feel extremely guilty about. But we were not about to loose are fast pass at Test track.

In the past, we have never received a bill without the option to leave a credit card tip.

Has anyone else ever had this experience?
3PrincessesAndaFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:27 AM   #705
mom2of2

It happens. Did you let your server know that you were using your DP prior to him giving you your bill?
Here's why I ask: when a server prints a check, 2 copies of the check are printed. One copy is for a guest using a DP, there is a place to write in a tip. Typically a guest will write in a $ amount or write CASH. The server then runs your DP, charges the tip however you wanted to and returns with another copy for you to sign. Transaction complete.
If a guest isn't using a DP or doesn't let the server know they are using a DP, the guest is given a different type of bill. This one has no tip line, looks like a normal bill in a non-WDW restaurant. If you have only ordered what if included on your DP, once the server runs your DP, the check closes. The receipt that prints out does not have a tip line, displays how many credits you have left and room for a signature.
One of 3 things can happen:
1) server doesn't know guest is using DP, guest sticks to plan and wrong copy is given = no tip line
2) Correct bill is given but guest doesn't fill in tip amount. Some guests don't feel the need to even look when the bill is dropped because they figure the food is covered and they can fill in a tip later. They can't because the next bill doesn't have a tip line. The server has to make a choice, either hope the guest is leaving a cash tip, or bring the empty tip line to the guests attention.
3) a manager can override a closed check and charge a tip to your room, this is at the managers discretion and isn't a given.

So! Now that I've confused you lol, I can say either you were given the wrong copy or didn't fill in the tip on the first check and the server couldn't ask for you to tip him.

I'm sorry you didn't have stellar service at your meal, unfortunately this does happen occasionally. Don't feel bad, you tried to remedy the tip issue.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: