Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #61
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
At least a snake didn't fall on your lap and bite you in the crotch.
I was thinking just this!!! I truly appreciate the warning, but I'm starting to feel like WDW is a dangerous place with a whole bunch of scenarios that are out of my hands. I'm deciding today not to have anxiety about snakes, monorails breaking , and whatever else I hear about tomorrow.

Sorry you had such a scary experience. I would be shaken up too if pregnant just thinking what could have happened. Thanks for the heads up. Glad all is okay & you still had a great trip!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #62
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

We are of the nature, not to move or attempt to disembark until anything cones to a complete stop or are told to get off....we'll usually dally a bit before getting off of anything... No hurrying for us..!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #63
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

We returned on 9-7--- 2 times while riding the monorail we noticed issues with doors- nothing like what u experienced but they were def having issues with them opening and closing. Once we were not allowed to board because of it and had to wait on the next one.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #64
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

Thanks for the heads up about the doors! I believe it's helpful to post experiences so everyone is more informed and aware. Plus it gives one peace of mind to share an alarming experience with others.

As for the Disney response when it happened - everyone was probably too surprised to react...you know, the oh crap, now what moment. I'm sure they looked into it afterwards.

Thanks for the post OP! So sorry that happened to you. Hakuna Mata to the drama lol.
POP Oct 2011 F&W + MNSSHP
POR Oct 2012 - Dining Review
POP March 2013
Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Coronado Springs/Cabana Bay October 2014

ThinkTink09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #65
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyseyfert View Post
Hello everyone...

My wife and I just returned from a GREAT trip at the Walt Disney World resort.

However, we had a scare the last couple days we were there. My wife is close to 6 months pregnant and we were riding the monorail to go see Wishes at Magic Kingdom.

On the monorail we were on, it was taking a while for the monorail to actually open up the door...it seems like they were trying to shift to line up to the metal gates?

Finally, the doors opened and everyone was getting out. My wife and I were on the tail end of the crowds. All of a sudden, the doors closed right in front of our faces, leaving us trapped. The people right next to us had a double stroller and the door closed right in the middle of a double stroller...there was also a little girl approaching and getting in and the doors closed on her and she was screaming and crying because she was trapped.

It could have been a terrible experience if my wife would have just walked out in the middle when the doors were closing and it could have smashed into her belly.

So, the monorail people were trying to get everything figured out. Finally, they got the doors open. However, NO ONE checked to see if we were ok or did anything to try to make us feel better. My wife was shaken up the entire night. The people with the double strollers were complaining to the monorail people and asked, "What are you going to do for us now that you have made all my family nervous?" It was not a pretty sight.

My wife and I are now a little paranoid when exiting monorails because of what happened. So, just letting you all know, monorails can break down at any time and sensors can break down so be cautious when walking off monorails from now on.
PP's pointed out that the doors don't even close at the same time, and I remember that at MK, the incoming guests come in on the opposite side of the outgoing guests, so how could the little girl get caught, if the doors aren't even open on that side until the other side exits?
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #66
disneysophie
I Love Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
PP's pointed out that the doors don't even close at the same time, and I remember that at MK, the incoming guests come in on the opposite side of the outgoing guests, so how could the little girl get caught, if the doors aren't even open on that side until the other side exits?
Not in the contemporary, Floridian or poly. There you exit and enter on same side
disneysophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #67
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysophie View Post
Not in the contemporary, Floridian or poly. There you exit and enter on same side
But if they were trying to get off the monorail they must have been at the Magic Kingdom, right?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #68
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
I know this will sound strange, but I am always ready for the doors to shut on me, because the NYC subway doors do this (or at least they used to)..... but I recognize that many people are not used to train like doors. In the city, you can push back on the shutting doors and they re-open.
Me too! I'm always the one getting stuck in the subway doors. And you really have to put some force in to push them back away from you.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #69
kandb
DIS Veteran

OP-I read your post a few times and see nothing in it that indicates you expected any compensation or sympathy from Disney. You just mentioned that none of the CM's asked if everyone was OK by the malfunction, and I totally agree with you, that they could of just said, "is everyone alright"? Try to ignore the people on here that "attacked" you for no reason, they are not well. Good luck with your new child.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #70
CNYDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Yikes. Sorry to hear that happened.
CNYDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #71
fbarker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Yes they do. Watching a video on youtube, I'm not sure how they would even close at the same time. That is very strange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3GbwRJ5hTQ
Yes that is why I am very doubtful that this occurred. Just a lot of things happening that aren't connected. Sorry I have my doubts
fbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #72
momtotwoteens
OIB for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post

Still don't understand why posts have to be turned into drama!!! I'm on here a lot because I love all things Disney and since I can't be in the parks 24/7, being on here is really nice. But can the trouble makers go find another board to cause drama on? Please? How about disboardsfortheangry or something? Lol. Not every thread has to turn into a bickerfest!
Agreed. I also notice that it seems to be the same ones coming in making the rude uncalled-for comments. Maybe they think they're really funny and clever? Anyway, had it happened to me I would have been just a little shaken up, too. I'm sure MANY people would have been shaken up had it happened to THEM. And I didn't think throwing the "snake" comment from the other thread was that funny. The OP was upset about what happened. And he wasn't the one who asked for compensation!! He said there was someone ELSE who was asking. Okay, I feel better now.
10/99 First trip ever! 12/07! Jan. 30-Feb. 7, 2009 Baby Girl's Sweet 16 trip! Dec. 13-18, 2010 Mom and Dad trip! Dec. 2-8, 2011 Mom and Dad trip take two!, Feb. '12 Friend's trip, Oct. '12 Granddaughter's 1st visit, Jan. '13 1st time staying at WLand first APs ever!, April '13 1st F&G Festival, May '13 SW, DC and the Mouse!, Aug '13 Bday trip at WL, Sept '13 Granddaughter's 2nd trip, Dec '13 Best Friend's Trip

momtotwoteens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #73
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtotwoteens

Agreed. I also notice that it seems to be the same ones coming in making the rude uncalled-for comments. Maybe they think they're really funny and clever? Anyway, had it happened to me I would have been just a little shaken up, too. I'm sure MANY people would have been shaken up had it happened to THEM. And I didn't think throwing the "snake" comment from the other thread was that funny. The OP was upset about what happened. And he wasn't the one who asked for compensation!! He said there was someone ELSE who was asking. Okay, I feel better now.
Not trying to be rude, but maybe you didn't catch the fact that the doors close one at a time?
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #74
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyseyfert View Post
Hello everyone...

My wife and I just returned from a GREAT trip at the Walt Disney World resort.

However, we had a scare the last couple days we were there. My wife is close to 6 months pregnant and we were riding the monorail to go see Wishes at Magic Kingdom.

On the monorail we were on, it was taking a while for the monorail to actually open up the door...it seems like they were trying to shift to line up to the metal gates?

Finally, the doors opened and everyone was getting out. My wife and I were on the tail end of the crowds. All of a sudden, the doors closed right in front of our faces, leaving us trapped. The people right next to us had a double stroller and the door closed right in the middle of a double stroller...there was also a little girl approaching and getting in and the doors closed on her and she was screaming and crying because she was trapped.

It could have been a terrible experience if my wife would have just walked out in the middle when the doors were closing and it could have smashed into her belly.

So, the monorail people were trying to get everything figured out. Finally, they got the doors open. However, NO ONE checked to see if we were ok or did anything to try to make us feel better. My wife was shaken up the entire night. The people with the double strollers were complaining to the monorail people and asked, "What are you going to do for us now that you have made all my family nervous?" It was not a pretty sight.

My wife and I are now a little paranoid when exiting monorails because of what happened. So, just letting you all know, monorails can break down at any time and sensors can break down so be cautious when walking off monorails from now on.

To the bolded, what did you want the CM to do, or what compensation were you wanting, that would have made you feel better?
Belle0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #75
momtotwoteens
OIB for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post

Not trying to be rude, but maybe you didn't catch the fact that the doors close one at a time?
Not at all. I was talking about the many uncalled-for rude comments all over the boards. I wasn't questioning whether it happened or not. Maybe you didn't catch that.
10/99 First trip ever! 12/07! Jan. 30-Feb. 7, 2009 Baby Girl's Sweet 16 trip! Dec. 13-18, 2010 Mom and Dad trip! Dec. 2-8, 2011 Mom and Dad trip take two!, Feb. '12 Friend's trip, Oct. '12 Granddaughter's 1st visit, Jan. '13 1st time staying at WLand first APs ever!, April '13 1st F&G Festival, May '13 SW, DC and the Mouse!, Aug '13 Bday trip at WL, Sept '13 Granddaughter's 2nd trip, Dec '13 Best Friend's Trip

momtotwoteens is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: