Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
JHS2
Earning My Ears

Car rental from Disney AAA Car Care Center

Has anyone rented from them and what was your experience. It says that they will pick you up from your resort and take you to the Car Center. I'm thinking about renting a car for a day.
JHS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
luvdisney87
Mouseketeer

We did on our last trip. I made the reservation before we left and then called the day before our rental day to arrange for a pick up time. They were right on time and the whole process was quick and easy. They will drop you off wherever you want when you return it.

1979-off-site, 2004 -off-site, 2009 -POR, 2012 -CBR
2014 - CSR
luvdisney87 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 03:48 AM   #3
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS2 View Post
Has anyone rented from them and what was your experience. It says that they will pick you up from your resort and take you to the Car Center. I'm thinking about renting a car for a day.
It is National/Alamo at the Car Care Center. They will send a shuttle to pick you up and they will shuttle you back when you return the car.
I had a great experience with them years ago. Let them know about 24 hours in advance of your reservation that you need a shuttle. The number is on the web site for Alamo.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Mickeymagic123
Mouseketeer

We did it last year during our September trip for one day and it was easy and convenient. We are doing the same thing this year.

1st trip - I was 28 years old () Offsite
Jan 2011 - Grand Floridian
Sept 2012 - Pop Century
Sept 2013 - Caribbean Beach
May 2014 - Disneyland Resort Paradise Pier Hotel
June 2014 - WDW Offsite (waterparks only)
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach
Jan 2015 - Wilderness Lodge
Jan 2016 - Disney Cruise!

Mickeymagic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
MKFan-PR
Certified MK Freak! Work is what I do for Vacation money!

Did it on a previous trip. You can make the reservation like any other Alamo reservation. Call them the day before to arrange the shuttle pickup, and they'll pick you up at your resort. Very easy.

'73 - Offsite w/Parents * '75 - CR w/Parents * '77 - Offsite w/Parents * '83 - Offsite w/Parents * 10/94 - CBR - DW * 09/95 - Poly - DW * 11/96 - POFQ - DW * 11/97 - WL - DW * 10/99 - CSR - DW, DD * 08/02 - CBR - DW, DD * 12/03 - Poly - DW, DD * 07-08/05 - POFQ - DW, DD * 12/08 - CBR - DW, DD * 01/12 - AS-Mo DW, DD * 01/14 - POP DW, DD
MKFan-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
3darlings
DIS Veteran

We rented from them last year and I wouldn't do it again. The shuttle was fine. It was once we got there that it was a problem. The line was long (there was only a couple of agents) and the agents wouldn't take no for an answer for upgrades/insurance. I kept saying no and he would just push back. Then they gave me a really crappy car. I turns out that the tires hadn't been properly inflated so I had to go back a couple days later and have air put in the tires. They have a much more limited supply of cars there than the airport. Needless to say, I won't rent there again.
3darlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3darlings View Post
We rented from them last year and I wouldn't do it again. The shuttle was fine. It was once we got there that it was a problem. The line was long (there was only a couple of agents) and the agents wouldn't take no for an answer for upgrades/insurance. I kept saying no and he would just push back. Then they gave me a really crappy car. I turns out that the tires hadn't been properly inflated so I had to go back a couple days later and have air put in the tires. They have a much more limited supply of cars there than the airport. Needless to say, I won't rent there again.
This was close to our experience this past summer, too. We reserved in advance and when we got there, they didn't have the category we reserved, but they were running a "special". We had a hard time understanding the agent (our problem), but he was also very agressive. We wound up with way more car than we needed, and paid way too much money for a rental.

We would do it again, but next time do everything we can to stand our ground.
WishnDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
mjmyers10
Mouseketeer

We used them last July and didnt have a problem. Got 2 cars and they were both fine. Used our Costco card to save a ton of money.
mjmyers10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
marygrcevic
Earning My Ears

Do they have the kiosks there? To bypass the agressive sales people?
marygrcevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #10
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marygrcevic View Post
Do they have the kiosks there? To bypass the agressive sales people?
They have kiosks, but, you still need to go to the counter for the keys. It is not a secure lot, so they keep the keys at the counter.
If they don't have a vehicle in the category you rented, don't be conned into a "special" they have to provide you with a car and if it happens to be an upgrade because they don't have your class of car, then it is on them.
If they get pushy, after you have said NO the first or second time and they still pursue the "sell" ask for a manager. That usually cools their jets.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: