Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #1951
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Ahhh - CRT! Can you believe I haven't eaten there yet? Someday. Claire looks like she is really loving the princess interaction and the make your own cupcake.

I love Claire's party dress. How much longer do you think she will want to wear all those adorable clothes? I'm sure she has a few years left before she becomes a pre-teen.
I can't believe you haven't tried it yet. It's something to do for an experience at least.
Well Claire will wear them forever....because she is not allowed to grow up. After all I went through with Paige last month, Claire was told she must stop growing this very minute!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #1952
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It was now time for Belle to arrive. And she was very surprised!

Again, I am going to be a bit caddy, but doesnít Belle look like she could play one of the step sisters? Ok, this really is a bad picture of her and she wasnít horrible, but in years past we just had some really beautiful princesses.

I believe we then acted out Belles story. Soon it was time for Claire to make her move.

The nice thing is they have photopass in there!

Because with the no flash ruleÖ..I wasnít getting all that great of shots!

This little girl was the Beast.

And Chip!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #1953
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Then we all paraded around the room!

And a quick hello with Belle.

Belle is so surprised to see me! She is probably wondering why I have a major eye squint going.

Beast says goodbye to Belle.

And then we got to pose with Belle for a picture, but from where I was standing I couldnít get a good one of Claire.

Good thing photopass did.

Belle gave everyone a bookmark after the picture.

My turn Ö.squinty eye and all

Time for Belle to leave.

One last picture of the light fixture and then we headed out and they were passing photopass cards to everyone as we walked out.

This was a fun experience. I donít think it will hold our interest for too long in the future though. As long as Claire wants to meet Belle, weíll probably do it, but after another time or 2, I really donít see this as being something that we canít miss. Especially if lines are long.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #1954
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great photos with Belle, even the squinty eye one.

I am sure we will do that whenever we have grandchildren or if the girls want to do it on our girl trip.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #1955
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

OK, now I think I need a chicken exit. I would love to see all the waiting areas and special effects, but I am not sure I am actually that bothered about the show.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #1956
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great photos with Belle, even the squinty eye one.

I am sure we will do that whenever we have grandchildren or if the girls want to do it on our girl trip.
I tend to have a squinty eye and noticed as the trip went on it was pretty bad. i think because of the lack of sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
OK, now I think I need a chicken exit. I would love to see all the waiting areas and special effects, but I am not sure I am actually that bothered about the show.

Corinna
Lumierre is pretty cool to see in there and the show was fairly short too. You could always fake a bathroom emergency!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #1957
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I like Enchanted Tales with Belle. I can see my girls wanting to do this over and over againÖ they are still young- so right in line with it! Sad thing, I can't see how they could do a Fastpass for itÖ cause I wouldn't want to miss out on the enchanted mirror!!

Funny thing, several years ago, they had a a video out called "Princess Enchanted Tales" and it was suppose to be a series of short movies of each princessÖ We have the first (and only!) one that has a short with Aurora and Jasmine. I hate that they didn't continue the series, because we like the one we have.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #1958
choppee
Mouseketeer

coming out of the shadows! lurker here...

i have read your posts/trip report with avid interest and awe. what a wonderful talent you have for sharing the very points that most interest me! and guess what...because of your trip report, i have contacted someone with dreams unlimited to start planning for a 2015 cruise! this is MAJOR. i'm so excited and 2015 seems years away (wait...it is!), but being a teacher, i gotta save like that.

thanks for being such a wonderful picture taker and for sharing your experience with us all. i for one am grateful.
choppee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #1959
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I like Enchanted Tales with Belle. I can see my girls wanting to do this over and over againÖ they are still young- so right in line with it! Sad thing, I can't see how they could do a Fastpass for itÖ cause I wouldn't want to miss out on the enchanted mirror!!

Funny thing, several years ago, they had a a video out called "Princess Enchanted Tales" and it was suppose to be a series of short movies of each princessÖ We have the first (and only!) one that has a short with Aurora and Jasmine. I hate that they didn't continue the series, because we like the one we have.
I think we have that DVD too. I didn't realize they didn't release more than that one.

Did you guys go to Enchanted Tales when ou were there. I can't remember now if you did or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppee View Post

i have read your posts/trip report with avid interest and awe. what a wonderful talent you have for sharing the very points that most interest me! and guess what...because of your trip report, i have contacted someone with dreams unlimited to start planning for a 2015 cruise! this is MAJOR. i'm so excited and 2015 seems years away (wait...it is!), but being a teacher, i gotta save like that.

thanks for being such a wonderful picture taker and for sharing your experience with us all. i for one am grateful.
Welcome! I am so glad I am inspiring you to cruise. It is so much fun! Thanks so much for taking the time to read (and following me still even though I am so slow!). I do try to give as many details as I can....of course as the time is passing some of those details are getting fuzzy.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #1960
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Yes, we loved Enchanted Tales. Cortlyn was a Picture frame! She still talks about it! I think it's a GREAT show for the tiny ones!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppee View Post

Jenn has me DREAMING of my first family cruise that is for sure!! We're thinking of going in 2015 as well- gotta save up, but also want to make sure our youngest is good and potty trained!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #1961
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed the reveiw of STWB, I have walked by it several times but the line has just been so long that we skip it. Sounds like it is definitely something to skip if the line is long. Im sure if I had a little kid with me it would be a must see. Is it just me or does this Belle look like she has dentures?
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #1962
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Yes, we loved Enchanted Tales. Cortlyn was a Picture frame! She still talks about it! I think it's a GREAT show for the tiny ones!!

Jenn has me DREAMING of my first family cruise that is for sure!! We're thinking of going in 2015 as well- gotta save up, but also want to make sure our youngest is good and potty trained!
We're picture frame buddies!!!

I have myself dreaming of a cruise too. I wish i would win the dang lottery so I could go more often!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I enjoyed the reveiw of STWB, I have walked by it several times but the line has just been so long that we skip it. Sounds like it is definitely something to skip if the line is long. Im sure if I had a little kid with me it would be a must see. Is it just me or does this Belle look like she has dentures?
YES! I thought it look like dentures too!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #1963
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Jennifer, being on vacation for such a long time I completely missed the fact that Paige was in an accident But I am now glad she recovered .... not so happy, but rather scared that BOTH of you got into another accident.

As far as your trip report goes ..... I am all caught up. Love all the photos and your meal at the castle sounds pretty nice to me. We have only been once and were not impressed at all.

I am hoping to start my trip report this weekend and hope you will join me. I guess it might get you into the mood for another cruise.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #1964
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jennifer, being on vacation for such a long time I completely missed the fact that Paige was in an accident But I am now glad she recovered .... not so happy, but rather scared that BOTH of you got into another accident.

As far as your trip report goes ..... I am all caught up. Love all the photos and your meal at the castle sounds pretty nice to me. We have only been once and were not impressed at all.

I am hoping to start my trip report this weekend and hope you will join me. I guess it might get you into the mood for another cruise.
I sure hope your August was MUCH better than mine. She is doing well ,but still sore. She told me this morning she woke on her belly, something she hasn't been able to do since the accident and she was in so much pain. She said rolling over was brutal and then she took a vicadin and in 15 minutes felt great and cleaned her dads whole house. Her brother told her she should take vicadin daily.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #1965
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We exited Enchanted Tales with Belle and we noticed that they were taking walk ups for Be Our Guest. Well we did just eat not too long ago, but we really wanted to experience this as well, so we decided to go in for some dessert. I believe they said the wait was around 30 minutes and we got a beeper. This thing is pretty useless as you have to stay in the immediate area for it to work. I asked about going out to see Scrooge while we waited and she said it wouldnít reach that far. So I asked about walking through the rest of New Fantasyland Ö.nope, it wonít reach that far either.
They suggested that I just stay in the area and explore and take pictures. UmÖ..there really isnít much here and itís PITCH black out.
Well we had a bit of time so we did wander over near Gastonís.

And we took a couple of pictures of Beastís Castle lit up.

See how dark it is? Not very good lighting for pictures.

I think this is the Little Mermaid ride from afar?

And we were afraid we would miss the buzzer, so we went back near Be Our Guest.

We decided to chance it and walk back over by the Little Mermaid ride quickly.

But we were too afraid we would miss our calling and went right back.

Right at about the 30 minute mark we did get called in!

We were so excited and I will tell you the pictures are not great. Lighting is horrible in there. Flash pictures donít come out quite right, nor do non flash pictures. I need to go a few more times to hopefully get it right.

We were seated in the ballroom and they told us we could watch the snow falling out the window. They almost made it sound like it changed from day to day, but from what I have read from others, it is always snow falling.

We had a cute rose napkin on our plates.

Claire was super excited.

We made our orders. I decided on the French onion soup and the chocolate cream puff. Claire insisted she was very hungry and ordered the kids steak meal and the strawberry cream cheese cupcake.

We took a few pictures while we waited.

My pictures are super grainy. I just couldnít get much of anything with the low lighting.

We took pictures of the West wing from where we sitting.

Last edited by jenseib; 09-15-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: