Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisReno View Post
And, ok, LOL, I only have 71 posts, but under my old name, I had over 2000.

The thing is...when a company expresses "concern" that's admitting liability, and they are just not going to do that.

Move on, get over it, but don't expect sympathy from this Board because everyone loves Disney and will not see your point of view or like your post.
Most posters express sympathy when it is warranted. And most posters here have! But offering sympathy and thinking that compensation is warranted doesn't necessarily go hand in hand. And it seems unless you offer both, the OP doesn't want to hear it.

Last edited by maxiesmom; 09-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #17
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

I don't think that is fair to say that people who have negative things happen only see $$$.

I was at Great Wolf Lodge earlier this year. I had a bad experience with an employee there. I went and told the manager. I got 10% off of my stay and a free dinner. Immediately. I was in shock. I didn't even ask for anything. They took my complaint very seriously and they actually thanked me for telling them. I did not go and complain looking for any compensation. I just wanted someone to know.

I've had issues with Disney on various different things and I don't think they do a great job dealing with people's complaints or compensating people when appropriate. In another example, when those people got stuck in the monorail for three hours this summer, according to posts on this board, all they got was one bottle of water and one FP. For three hours of being trapped in a box up in the air, on top of losing precious vacation time. Something more should have been done there. In my very humble opinion of course.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #18
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The thing is...when a company expresses "concern" that's admitting liability, and they are just not going to do that.
Actually, studies have shown that when medical professionals show concern and apologize and explain medical errors, the cost and frequency of malpractice lawsuits decrease. So there is great power in saying sorry and showing concern and caring. It really doesn't make one any more or less liable from a legal perspective.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #19
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
I think people (like you) look at Disney with $ signs in their eyes. These have been some of my experiences at Disney:

* The doors at Star Tours closed while people were exiting-My mom was trapped inside, causing her to pound on the door and my 3 year old son to cry. It was sort of funny.

*Same trip-Same 3 year old son. He wet the bed, and when we returned to our resort, we found his sheets had not been changed. No big deal, they brought us sheets and we changed our own.

My now 79 year old Mom has tripped, slipped and even fallen at Disney World. She had a dissy spell. We handled it.

I have never expected Disney to be perfect or to give me a free, all expense paid trip to the World because "something could have or almost happened", God forbid.

So, with 67 posts, you're telling us what "could" have happened?
The world is a different place. My mom sliced her head open at the honey I shrunk the kids playground. While it would have been nice ha someone offered napkins or such to help stop the bleeding we dealt with it. Didn't think about it again after she was bandaged and we always have those.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #20
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyseyfert View Post
Hello everyone...

My wife and I just returned from a GREAT trip at the Walt Disney World resort.

However, we had a scare the last couple days we were there. My wife is close to 6 months pregnant and we were riding the monorail to go see Wishes at Magic Kingdom.

On the monorail we were on, it was taking a while for the monorail to actually open up the door...it seems like they were trying to shift to line up to the metal gates?

Finally, the doors opened and everyone was getting out. My wife and I were on the tail end of the crowds. All of a sudden, the doors closed right in front of our faces, leaving us trapped. The people right next to us had a double stroller and the door closed right in the middle of a double stroller...there was also a little girl approaching and getting in and the doors closed on her and she was screaming and crying because she was trapped.

It could have been a terrible experience if my wife would have just walked out in the middle when the doors were closing and it could have smashed into her belly.

So, the monorail people were trying to get everything figured out. Finally, they got the doors open. However, NO ONE checked to see if we were ok or did anything to try to make us feel better. My wife was shaken up the entire night. The people with the double strollers were complaining to the monorail people and asked, "What are you going to do for us now that you have made all my family nervous?" It was not a pretty sight.

My wife and I are now a little paranoid when exiting monorails because of what happened. So, just letting you all know, monorails can break down at any time and sensors can break down so be cautious when walking off monorails from now on.
Sorry this happened to you. Special prayers to the little girl that got stuck in the doors. I wonder if the reason no one asked about how you were doing is that they were really busy trying to figure out what went wrong.

Mechanical failures are expected from time to time, I'm just glad that no one was seriously hurt. I can certainly understand the nervousness.

Good luck and prayers for a healthy birth when the time comes.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

So sorry that happened to your wife, you and the other family. I appreciate the point of your OP to warn those riding the monorails to be careful of the opening and closing doors. Luckily your wife and baby were unharmed.

Still don't understand why posts have to be turned into drama!!! I'm on here a lot because I love all things Disney and since I can't be in the parks 24/7, being on here is really nice. But can the trouble makers go find another board to cause drama on? Please? How about disboardsfortheangry or something? Lol. Not every thread has to turn into a bickerfest!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #22
MrsTowers
Earning My Ears

Troyserfert:

I know you only wanted to share your experience. I don't get why some people get upset over what you posted??
*confused

And to the one person who commented on op's post count, what is up with that? Its not cool to disregard his statement on post count.
I have even fewer and there should be nothing wrong with that.
MrsTowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #23
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
So sorry that happened to your wife, you and the other family. I appreciate the point of your OP to warn those riding the monorails to be careful of the opening and closing doors. Luckily your wife and baby were unharmed.

Still don't understand why posts have to be turned into drama!!! I'm on here a lot because I love all things Disney and since I can't be in the parks 24/7, being on here is really nice. But can the trouble makers go find another board to cause drama on? Please? How about disboardsfortheangry or something? Lol. Not every thread has to turn into a bickerfest!
To be fair, OP was one of the first to bicker back to ghtx who was just making a joke.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #24
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
At least a snake didn't fall on your lap and bite you in the crotch.

I was waiting for that one.

OP- so scary! Thanks for sharing, we'll be sure to exit quickly!!
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTowers View Post
DisReno:

I know you only wanted to share your experience. I don't get why some people get upset over what you posted??
*confused

And to the one person who commented on op's post count, what is up with that? Its not cool to disregard his statement on post count.
I have even fewer and there should be nothing wrong with that.
DisReno was not the the OP he's the post count guy lol
Old 09-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #26
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

With how much force do these doors close? For anyone who can make the comparison, what is it like relative to the NYC subway? I guess I'm just skeptical that they have enough force to cause serious injury.
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #27
pieface
Mouseketeer

This post has been turned into to much drama just don't feel any love here.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #28
MrsTowers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess

Thank you! You said what I was thinking haha
MrsTowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #29
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsiren View Post
With how much force do these doors close? For anyone who can make the comparison, what is it like relative to the NYC subway? I guess I'm just skeptical that they have enough force to cause serious injury.
the closing itself isn't to forceful but the sealing can be.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #30
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I don't think I would have been scared if the doors closed in front on me. I might be annoyed that it looked like I had to go around the loop again and waste some time.

At 6m pregnant, I doubt your wife's belly sticks out too far and would have been trapped in the doors. If she HAD been caught, her shoulders and hips would have protected her core.

Sorry that happened and you guys took it so hard. pixies

I have been injured at Disney before. It really is the other guests that express concern over your well being, not the CMs.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: