Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #196
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I agree with you. I've lived in Chicago all my life and don't understand why we can't get Southwest at O'Hare (I've flown it out of Midway but I'm not a big fan of Midway). I think we are one of the few cities with no free Wi-Fi at our airports either.
I think Midway is cheaper than O'Hare. SW traditionally goes into the smaller, cheaper airport if there are multiple airports in a city. Like they fly into Love Field in Dallas instead of DFW.

Jill in CO
Old 09-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #197
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I think Midway is cheaper than O'Hare. SW traditionally goes into the smaller, cheaper airport if there are multiple airports in a city. Like they fly into Love Field in Dallas instead of DFW.

Jill in CO
Midway is definitely cheaper than O'Hare and I guess that make sense. I guess I'll be spending more time at Midway.
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #198
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, What I want to know is what magazine Em's hiding behind that Natural Health magazine, especially given her recent Disney statue experiences.

Haha, I bet your selfies was better than mine are. But I do feel your pain. I am always impressed by those who are able to accomplish this feat so spectacularly. But you two just never seem to fail at getting a photography volunteer on a moments notice, so it probably doesn't really matter.

You are quite the little shill for tablet technology I must say.

Honestly, how is it possible that your TR's just keep getting even better? But they do!!!!!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #199
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Subbing...cant wait to read more while I wait on my ticker to slowly go down
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #200
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you book the Airtran flight via the Southwest website, you get free bags.

Jill in CO
Yes, I have heard this… but how does that work with my Airtran points? I'm so confused by them at this point. I wish they would just merge everything together!!

Hmm…. what is this about your seat in the back?? Yet nothing was mentioned???? Hmmmmm….. did SOMEONE leave something behind? Did someone see your hidden message and demand to use the coupon?

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #201
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Fancy plane! Very spiffy indeed! I usually watch comedy tv on the way to Disney. It almost keeps me excited but without watching any Disney, that way when I get on the DME bus it's a whole immersive experience.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #202
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Subbing Your trip began on my birthday so how could I resist?

Loving your very detailed update and you have awesome pictures, thank you!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Sundancer UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #203
hollyrose
Believes in the Magic.

Red face vsacation nails! yeah!

I LOVE your shopping/ haircut ritual- it sounds exactly something my mom and I would do- but we get our nails done and call them "vacation nails" before a trip..haha. Anyway- looking forward to reading about this trip!

In loving memory of Skip, my WDW loving Dad.
hollyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #204
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousfive View Post
Adorable! Love all the details. Traveling there even looks like fun! Oh the suspense though....can't wait for your arrival!
Than you! Ahhh the excitement of travel day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I hope so...you need to get to Disney already.
Em was just being silly and hiding behind her magazine to avoid yet another photo!

Somebody needs to see Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in. I've enjoyed reading your reports. I look forward to hearing all about this one too.
Hi Tricia! Thank you for joining! I'm glad you are here to read about this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Finally got a chance to have some Dis time. Working really gets in the way of all my fun. Joining in and going back to read. You are on a roll already. So sorry to hear about your ankle. Broke mine in 2007 playing soccer. Really not a fun way to spend any amount of time. Hope it heals fast!
Ha ha! That darn working interfering with fun.

We'll eventually see us step foot in a park! Thus far we've made it to MCO!

Please tell me your ankle healed quickly! At least you have a good story behind breaking yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Love the new plane! I'm guessing where you took your seats comes into play on your return flight since I didn't see anything mentioned?!?!

Also love the Disney snacks... Maybe I should pick some up in DL for my trip to WDW a few weeks later! We tend to ask for extra of the SWA snacks lol. I was thinking of actually trying to pack a dinner for us but as I will be working 7 days in a row before heading to WDW I'm not sure that will be possible!

And yes! Hoping you got put on the right bus this time!
Paula you are paying attention.... you'll have to hang on for a while. I didn't just throw that out there and forget - yet.

I like SW snacks but there's nothing like a genuine Disney snack for travel. I'm sure our seat mates were jealous! Pick some up at World of Disney or any park store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Oooh - Check out that spiffy new plane!!! Soooo jealous!!!

Awww... Tangled is my favorite movie - Love it!!!

The snacks look delicious - Hmmm... Which reminds me - I still have a Mickey Rice Krispie treat here somewhere - ... Or I did anyways???

And you girls are so cute when you travel... I am a hot mess - maybe it's because I need to travel more? Hahahaha...

Boy - I sure hope you get the right bus!

D~
Hi D~! I suppose I should be more excited about an on-time and fully functioning plane than it smelling nice and new.

My DD introduced me to Tangled... LOVE IT!

ha ha!! If you really have a Mickey Krispie treat that was forgotten until now that is awesome. I definitely don't lose track of my Disney treats. They are consumed post haste!

Awww thanks. Not our best looks but you are kind.

Stay tuned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Walter Disneyland World?! Oh dear.....I may have to use that now.

Southwest is the best with the bag situation! Who wants to pay for bags? Not this girl!

Oh no, Mickey bag down?! That's horrible.

The coffee cake from Starbucks is great! Of course you would choose it.

I was just at your home airport in April! Love that it's such a small airport.

Ooohhh, that is a spiffy new plane! Purty.

Oh, and to answer your question, you can call me Dani or Danielle, whatever you prefer. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Hi Danielle! Exactly! Why pay for bags when you don't have to? The Mickey bag must have been made for looks and not functionality.

Was that your San Diego trip that you were at JW (OC) airport? I'm totally following your TR for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Sounds like a pretty decent trip!

And they should totally remake Identity Thief with Repunzel and Finn .... or Mike Wazowski and Jessie
Hi there Mr. MaxRebo! It was all right.

You are so funny! Oh my, the possibilities are endless for a Disney inspired ID Thief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25eels View Post
I love your reports! I got hooked when my longtime pal Tracy had a DisMeet with you and Emmy last year. Can't wait to read more of your adventures!
Hi there 25eels! Awesome that you know Tracy!!!! She was just here for the 1/2 marathon the day I broke my ankle! I was supposed to cheer her on but that didn't work out so well for me! I'm so glad that you are joining and reading! Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - that is one nice plane! I always fly SWA, but I guess I will never be that lucky since my flight is only two hours. But a girl can dream, right?

Ugh to the holding pattern. So annoying when you know its time to land.

Very cool that you brought your own Disney snacks. I LOVE that! Nothing like really getting into the mood!

Yay for arriving!
Hi Mary Ellen! I would much rather have a short flight; however, if I have to be stuck on a plane as long as we are we may as well enjoy it.

I know! And to be that close and not be able to land. Don't they know I have plans???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Just so you know, I'm here and reading. I don't "chat" much, but I love trip reports so I'll be in this one for the long haul!

BTW, I love love Southwest! I hate that they don't fly out of my airport, O'Hare. I mean, it's a major US airport and we can't get Southwest? I only flew SW for the majority of my adult life until I moved here; I definitely miss it.

Oh, and Tangled is 100% my "Flight-to-Disney" movie too!!
Hi ZehnJahren! Thank you so much for joining! I see that you've got a few TRs under your belt!

Midway must not be close to you. I fly American to/thru Chicago. We have family in the burbs.

Excellent in flight movie choice too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Ugh the luggage services really do screw up your luggage. I had my brand new 100 dollar bag and there is already a rip in it from disney! And it is supposed to have a lifetime warranty.

Great start- I am excited to read the rest!
Hi Rachel! Argh! Sorry about your bag. That reminds me of ScottNY's bag that had a rip and it looked like the lining was a pair of boxer shorts hanging out.

I'm glad you are here.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #205
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
I'm in for another trip! Need to catch up but frantically packing for a DLR long weekend. Now I know what I will read on the journey.
Thanks for joining! I'm so glad that you are here.

Enjoy your DLR long weekend! How I've missed DL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Yayyyy Southwest is fabulous. Ever since we got the credit card it's the only airline we fly. Can't beat free bags.

I'm sad to hear your Mickey luggage didn't make it. We were close to buying it (at the airport gift shop, actually!) but decided against it. Now I'm kind of glad we did, we are definitely not delicate with our luggage.

Emily looks adorable in that pic in the plane!
See? Another SW fan and even better because you probably rack up free flights twice with the cc.

Oh yeahhh.... sorry to discourage anyone. I may just have had dumb luck with our bag.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Well that all looked like a nice smooth travel day
I actually watched Identity Thief on our last international flight .... Urm, not one of my faves that's for sure - Tangled however, now you're talking!
I LOVE arriving at MCO - only problem for us is, we are then faced with the loooong line at immigration before we can finally get the party started
Looking forward to the next instalment
Yeah, I just wanted the movie to be over so I could watch Tangled! I figured Em would choose a Disney movie thus the options. Silly kid.

Once you get through immigration then you probably have a spring in your step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbruzzetti View Post
Yikes!! I just bought that Mickey suitcase!! I hope i don't have the same issues you did! Great start so far to your report!! I can't wait to read the rest!!
Hi there Rabbruzzetti! thank you for joining!

I hope your Mickey bag has a longer life than mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
Oh my…I love that you drew Mickey ears on all the people in the SW magazine! What else to do to pass the time?

Christine
Hi Christine! There was an lack of things to do so we had to entertain ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Love the Disney snacks for the plane My husband would die if I pulled out those out on the plane, as he already thinks my Disney love is too much hahaha! PS. he was just as much fun as I do when we go together.
ha ha!! That would be funny to watch his reaction for Disney snacks!!

Your DH probably has so much fun for two reasons: 1. he's with you, right? and 2. You probably plan things out and know all the fabulous places to dine! (I'll never forget your YSH review.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Hmmm, What I want to know is what magazine Em's hiding behind that Natural Health magazine, especially given her recent Disney statue experiences.

Haha, I bet your selfies was better than mine are. But I do feel your pain. I am always impressed by those who are able to accomplish this feat so spectacularly. But you two just never seem to fail at getting a photography volunteer on a moments notice, so it probably doesn't really matter.

You are quite the little shill for tablet technology I must say.

Honestly, how is it possible that your TR's just keep getting even better? But they do!!!!!!
Hi Rob! I can assure you it was only her pretty face behind the magazine. She was trying to avoid yet another photo that I was taking of her.

I think the key to good selfies is long arms! I'm not shy about asking for help in the absence of having my own personal photographer.

Oh you flatterer! I'm taking lessons from you. Just wait for my chapter called, "If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up but if I do, I better be standing in front of a castle!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Subbing...cant wait to read more while I wait on my ticker to slowly go down
Hi there blessedby3. Thank you so very much for joining!! I'm so glad you are here and spending your countdown with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Yes, I have heard this… but how does that work with my Airtran points? I'm so confused by them at this point. I wish they would just merge everything together!!

Hmm…. what is this about your seat in the back?? Yet nothing was mentioned???? Hmmmmm….. did SOMEONE leave something behind? Did someone see your hidden message and demand to use the coupon?
Someone jump in and help Christen.

You are paying attention too... you have to wait for that part.... it may take awhile but it will come. All good guesses my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Fancy plane! Very spiffy indeed! I usually watch comedy tv on the way to Disney. It almost keeps me excited but without watching any Disney, that way when I get on the DME bus it's a whole immersive experience.
You have good restraint! I like your plan though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
Subbing Your trip began on my birthday so how could I resist?

Loving your very detailed update and you have awesome pictures, thank you!
Happy belated birthday then Sundancer! I'm so glad that you are here. Welcome!!

Stay tuned because another update is coming soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyrose View Post
I LOVE your shopping/ haircut ritual- it sounds exactly something my mom and I would do- but we get our nails done and call them "vacation nails" before a trip..haha. Anyway- looking forward to reading about this trip!
Hi Hollyrose! Gotta love it! Those beauty rituals are important. Em used to get her nails done with me but now she won't go. I almost got some Minnie themed nails this time but backed out because I was in a hurry.

I'm very glad that you are joining. Thanks!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #206
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

Oooh brand new plane! A very nice surprise!

That's a cute picture of both of you in your seats!

It made me smile reading about you drawing Mickey ears on everyone in the magazine while waiting to land!

Can't wait to find out if you got on the right bus! :-)

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
TMGosizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #207
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you book the Airtran flight via the Southwest website, you get free bags.

Jill in CO
Great tip Jill!!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #208
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Flights are so exciting!! We tend to fly SW because I really, really, really like checked bags free!!

Yay that you did eventually watch Tangled!! I love that movie sooo much!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #209
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Wow, awesome new plane! And bonus that the flight attendant also doubles as trip photographer when needed, LOL. Great pic of the two of you!

I love Tangled, and it's loaded on my iPad for our upcoming trip. I watched it on the way last year too and agree it's a great "let's get fired up for Disney" movie.

Hope you were directed to the right bus this time!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #210
princessjv
DIS Veteran

It sounds like it it was an amazing trip with your daughter. I look forward to reading more!

princessjv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: