Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

Boat from dhs to epcot

What is the average time via boat from DHS to EPCOT? We want to go to UK for lunch when done @ DHS.
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcrazy65
What is the average time via boat from DHS to EPCOT? We want to go to UK for lunch when done @ DHS.
They say the travel time is about 25 minutes. This is once you're on the boat and on your way. You might have to wait for the boat, which can add another 10-15 minutes if you just missed it.

If you want to walk, it's about 1.15 miles.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
francie57
DIS Veteran

Since the boat stops at all the Epcot resort and then Epcot it will be at least 25 min. and even longer if the boat isn't at the dock. We bypass the boat and just walk the pathway along the water, cut through the BW pool area and then around the BW to the IG. We have always made the walk faster than the boat.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

Great!!! I did not know you could walk from one park to the other!! That is what we will do...
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

You can walk between the 2 parks, but we like to take the Friendship boat because it gives our feet a chance to rest. Also, if you're going when it is hot or humid, there isn't too much shade along the walkway.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

If I'm hopping between the 2 parks, I'll often do a hybrid.

From MGM I'll take the boat to one of the resorts, then walk to the park.

From Epcot, I'll walk to either the Yacht Club or Swalphin and then catch the boat from there.

The Biggest time sink in the boat ride from park to park is the resort stops. Since the resorts aren't that far from the EPCOT entrance, I basically bypass some of the stops and walk that stretch. That way I still get a bit of time off my feet, and can still easily beat the boat to EPCOT.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

It's 8 mins and 30 sec. from DHS to S/D, the first stop. Get out there and walk to the IG, passing Atlantic Dance, Jellyrolls and ESPN Club and you'll beat the boat every time. I have several videos of the first leg of the Friendship boat ride and I'm sure of the time given.

Bill From PA

PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

So do the boats run about every 15 minutes? Is that true year-round (in particular is it true during slow times like January)?
Old 09-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
wdwfan757
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
So do the boats run about every 15 minutes? Is that true year-round (in particular is it true during slow times like January)?
It was in the 15-20 minute range waiting for a boat at HS when I was there in January. Not only was it the offseason, but it was a strange time of day (10:30ish one time and 1ish the other). We missed the boat both times. Could see it pulling away as we left the park entrance. I played so much iphone baseball waiting for that boat.
wdwfan757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan757 View Post
It was in the 15-20 minute range waiting for a boat at HS when I was there in January. Not only was it the offseason, but it was a strange time of day (10:30ish one time and 1ish the other). We missed the boat both times. Could see it pulling away as we left the park entrance. I played so much iphone baseball waiting for that boat.
Thanks, that's good to know. I hope they don't change the schedule. I can deal with a 15-20 minute wait, but if it's more like 30-45 minutes then I'd rather walk.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: