Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #631
Georgiak6
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
Hello, welcome to the group!! I see your name, where are you from?
Thanks for asking. We are from Bossier City, LA.
Georgiak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #632
rngrblu9
Mouseketeer
 
rngrblu9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: lake george, ny
Posts: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiak6 View Post
Last minute cruise makes for a very happy family! This will be our 2nd Disney cruise, first on the Fantasy. Along with my husband, we are traveling with our 6 children ages 4, 7, 10, 13, 15, 16. Can't wait! I'll be emailing Tammie to join the FE group. Sounds like fun.
__________________
(DH-old) (me-older) (DS8y) (DS-4y)


rngrblu9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #633
sgc1107
sgc1107
 
sgc1107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiak6 View Post

Thanks for asking. We are from Bossier City, LA.
I saw the Georgia and thought maybe you'd be from there. :-) long flight for you guys!
__________________




sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #634
Georgiak6
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
I saw the Georgia and thought maybe you'd be from there. :-) long flight for you guys!
We're actually driving It's 14 hours, but we are stopping at Perdido Key for a few nights before the cruise and after. We had originally planned to book a cruise out of Galveston again, but this one on the Fantasy came available. We couldn't resist!
Georgiak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #635
PirateBob
Mouseketeer
 
PirateBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Poinciana, FL
Posts: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiak6 View Post
We're actually driving It's 14 hours, but we are stopping at Perdido Key for a few nights before the cruise and after. We had originally planned to book a cruise out of Galveston again, but this one on the Fantasy came available. We couldn't resist!
Save so money and book a parking spot at park port Canaveral dot com. It is about half the price.
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #636
sgc1107
sgc1107
 
sgc1107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiak6 View Post
We're actually driving It's 14 hours, but we are stopping at Perdido Key for a few nights before the cruise and after. We had originally planned to book a cruise out of Galveston again, but this one on the Fantasy came available. We couldn't resist!
Yuck!! Drive safe!
__________________




sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #637
tammieshaiq
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 18

Fe

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to let everybody know just in case they were interested that today is the last day that the second FE will be open. We are closing today at 6:00 central time, so let me know if you want to join in the fun.
Thanks
Tammie
tshaiq@yahoo.com
tammieshaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #638
tammieshaiq
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammieshaiq View Post
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to let everybody know just in case they were interested that today is the last day that the second FE will be open. We are closing today at 6:00 central time, so let me know if you want to join in the fun.
Thanks
Tammie
tshaiq@yahoo.com
Hi again,
The second FE group is officially closed. We have an awesome group.
tammieshaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #639
PirateBob
Mouseketeer
 
PirateBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Poinciana, FL
Posts: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammieshaiq View Post

Hi again,
The second FE group is officially closed. We have an awesome group.
Now it is time to get excited. We are getting close.
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #640
Georgiak6
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBob View Post
Save so money and book a parking spot at park port Canaveral dot com. It is about half the price.
Thanks, PirateBob! Parking reservations made!
Georgiak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #641
bwlandu
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8

Thumbs up

Just wanted to drop in and say 'Hi' to everyone. I've typically trolled the forums, so this is only my first official post

This will be our 4th Disney Cruise, first on the newer ships. I booked the trip back in February with the plans of surprising my wife and kids this month. It will be my wife and my 25th anniversary together (dated for 10 years as high school sweethearts, and 15 years married). To boot, it's my 41st birthday on the 26th, so needless to say there are lots of reasons to celebrate!

I broke the news to my wife last week, and I'm sure the other ladies here would confirm that was a good thing for me to do. There's hair, nails, new clothing, etc, etc to take care of right?!.. so giving her a few weeks notice was probably a good thing on my part!

The kids still do not know. I assume they'll find out when we cross the US/CAN border and the guards ask me where we are going. Oh well, what can you do!

My daughter is now 12, son is 10, and wife is 39. Our best memories from any vacations we've ever had are all from Disney Cruises. We're thrilled to have the opportunity to be able take yet another cruise, and create even more memories to cherish.

This will be our first Aft stateroom. Based on a number of reviews I've read, I'm pretty pumped about the extra room on the verandah and the views I hope we'll have.

Looking forward to seeing everyone onboard!

Cheers!

Brent
bwlandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #642
sgc1107
sgc1107
 
sgc1107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwlandu View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say 'Hi' to everyone. I've typically trolled the forums, so this is only my first official post

This will be our 4th Disney Cruise, first on the newer ships. I booked the trip back in February with the plans of surprising my wife and kids this month. It will be my wife and my 25th anniversary together (dated for 10 years as high school sweethearts, and 15 years married). To boot, it's my 41st birthday on the 26th, so needless to say there are lots of reasons to celebrate!

I broke the news to my wife last week, and I'm sure the other ladies here would confirm that was a good thing for me to do. There's hair, nails, new clothing, etc, etc to take care of right?!.. so giving her a few weeks notice was probably a good thing on my part!

The kids still do not know. I assume they'll find out when we cross the US/CAN border and the guards ask me where we are going. Oh well, what can you do!

My daughter is now 12, son is 10, and wife is 39. Our best memories from any vacations we've ever had are all from Disney Cruises. We're thrilled to have the opportunity to be able take yet another cruise, and create even more memories to cherish.

This will be our first Aft stateroom. Based on a number of reviews I've read, I'm pretty pumped about the extra room on the verandah and the views I hope we'll have.

Looking forward to seeing everyone onboard!

Cheers!

Brent
Hello & welcome! I like surprises!!! You could try and write on paper where your going and maybe they won't make you say it out loud! Worth a try to see their faces hen you pull up to port! Let us know who the revel goes!
__________________




sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #643
betsy2010
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 68

Smile Just joined - IGT too good to pass up!

My husband thinks I'm crackers but I just booked this trip. IGT was too good to pass up. We aren't telling the kids until we pull them from school on Friday at noon to go to the airport. That way no tween angst over missing schoolwork!

Can't wait to join everyone - we've been on the Wonder twice and Magic once but our first time on the big ships and I'm a tad nervous we won't like it as much.

Brent I've been with hubby for 22 years (17 married) and have a 12 & 8 year old. Will probably see you around the ship! We surprised our boys 2 years ago with a trip on the Wonder out of LA. They didn't have a clue until we were at the port - it actually took them a while to start to enjoy because they were so shellshocked. I think letting them know at the border is perfect - gives them the 'big surprise' but enough time to relax and enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
Hello & welcome! I like surprises!!! You could try and write on paper where your going and maybe they won't make you say it out loud! Worth a try to see their faces hen you pull up to port! Let us know who the revel goes!
betsy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #644
bwlandu
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8

Sounds like we're literally in the 'same boat' on a few things betsy2010 We've done the Magic x2 and Wonder x1. Our last cruise we tried out of LA and we loved the Disney Cruise piece, but will never do West coast again. The 5.5h flight, the 3h time difference, the offsite hotel, the non "Magical Express" were all bummers. We'll stick to Orlando! A quick 2.5h flight, no time difference, the awesome looking bus, and the ease of staying right at the airport and not lugging luggage around is so nice.

I too am nervous about the big ship. One thing I loved about the Wonder/Magic was how non-overpopulated it was. I'm hoping that even though there's more people, there's more space and it ends up being very similar. Time will tell!

I see there is an OGT for Oct 5th now too! I would love to get off and right back on the Fantasy, but Delta wants $800 in fees to re-jig my return flight to the following Saturday

Hope to see you on-board.. we're in 9172. My son would love to hang out with the 'boys'.
bwlandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #645
Momof2inCT
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 62

Little Kiddo Birthday Celebration

Yay! I'm so happy I found this forum. My three year old is turning four during our cruise. Do you guys have any ideas on how to make this a great day for her? We're having a birthday party at home, later, so she still gets her friend party. But her actual birthDAY is during the cruise. So far I have...

- Decorate the room when she's sleeping
- Booked her the "mermaid" package at the BBB
- We told DCL so we're hoping for singing or something at dinner

Any other ideas? Thanks a bunch!

Also - we're cruising (2nd cruise, first 7 day cruise!) with our 4 YO (well, turning four year old) daughter and our 15 month old daughter, in case anyone is interested in play dates or loud, casual dinner companions.
Momof2inCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.