Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #1936
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I have to say some of these princesses are getitng scarier and scarier looking lately (we saw some real winners this trip ).

Love the photos of It's a Slow Boat to China...I mean Small World.

How sweet of the carolers to pose with Claire. I can't wait to be at the party in a few months.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #1937
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Hey there Jen

I was just trying to catch up and do some research at the same time....

I don't remember if I ever commented but it was great meeting you and Claire for Illuminations! Thank you for bringing her a little gift. I'm sure the girls would of had a blast if they had some more time to play and hang out.

I have a lot more to read but I do enjoy all your pictures.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #1938
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Congrats on winning the car battle! I knew you would be victorious!

There is a limo service here in town called Toms Cruise Limo service, and yes, the owner's name is Tom!

Ariel does look almost as scary too! Some of them need to go back to charm school!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #1939
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Congrats on the new car! I just got a call today that my car was going to cost $2600 to fix and is only worth $2500 So via my mom I bought a new car this morning. I am NOT happy about it, but I know I will love the car. My car was old and had almost 200,000 miles on it so it was time, but I thought I would have a few more months! I got a 2013 Rav 4, same exact one my mom has so I know I will like the way it drives.

I am enjoying all your xmas party pics so far! Nothing is better than Christmas time at Disney.....at least that is what I think! I love Claire's outfit! Janet is so talented! I wish sewing was a skill I had. Still waiting for those physics classes I took in high school to have some true usefulness in my life that I took in lieu of sewing.

Oh gosh! Doesn't it kind of just break your heart when they tell you it's not worth being fixed. Um it has special meaning to me, isn't that worth anything? LOL
Congrats on your new car too! This must be new car month!

I wish I could sew too. I have no talent. I get impatient mending a hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have to say some of these princesses are getitng scarier and scarier looking lately (we saw some real winners this trip ).

Love the photos of It's a Slow Boat to China...I mean Small World.

How sweet of the carolers to pose with Claire. I can't wait to be at the party in a few months.
I have thought that too. So many of them are not as beautiful as they were in years past.
Everytime I see Small World or even when I was editing pictures I just have your "slow boat to China" in my head. One of these times i will ask Claire if she wants to ride Slow Boat and she will think I am crazy.
I wish I was going to a party this year. Or anywhere for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hey there Jen

I was just trying to catch up and do some research at the same time....

I don't remember if I ever commented but it was great meeting you and Claire for Illuminations! Thank you for bringing her a little gift. I'm sure the girls would of had a blast if they had some more time to play and hang out.

I have a lot more to read but I do enjoy all your pictures.
Good to see you again.
I really enjoyed our meet and the girls became fast friends. It was a good night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Congrats on winning the car battle! I knew you would be victorious!

There is a limo service here in town called Toms Cruise Limo service, and yes, the owner's name is Tom!

Ariel does look almost as scary too! Some of them need to go back to charm school!
Well it was more of a compromise as I didn't get the exact car I wanted, but in reality this was probably a better choice because it gets much better gas mileage. Currently it tells me I am getting 28-30 MPG and that is great in my book!

Thast funny. When Tom first came out I thought he was Tom Kreuz, because thats how my cousins spell their last name. It took me a while to realize he spelled it differently.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #1940
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Again, I was not following the proper party rules where you need to do as many of the party activities as possible. We had something else on the agenda firstÖ..The New Fantasyland! Yep, I wanted to get back there AGAIN!
We didnít even have to ask this time, they just waved people back and off we went. This time we had something new to try, Enchanted Tales with Belle. They told us the wait was about 30 minutes and we thought it would be worth it so we got in line.

Beastís castle off in the distance.

It wasnít too long and we were let into the cottage. I know the wait was much less than they had predicted at that point.

It was so exciting and I just randomly kept snapping pictures so I could try to remember everything.

Claire was taller than Belle was at that age. Claire was measuring at 9 years old, and she was still 7 at the time.

They really did put quite a few people in that area, so I tried taking pictures without people in it, but at times it was just impossible.

Casts members would come in and out every so often, but I got the impression the group in front of us were taking longer than normal. Of course this was a testing phase, so they were still working out kinks.
After a while, we were then let into Mauriceís work shop.

While in there we got some stories about inventions and other facts about Belle and her father. We were then told from that point on we could take as many Non-flash pictures as we wanted. Now I prefer non-flash pictures, but sometimes you just need to use a flash because of lighting Öand this was the case. The lighting was very poor and it was hard to get anything decent for the rest of the tour.

After we spent some time in the workshop, a Magical thing happened. The mirror opened into a doorway. Now I knew this was going to happen as I had watched a video of it before coming on the trip. But when I got in the workshop, I kept looking at it and I could not figure out how it would open because it just didnít look like it could expand or that a doorway was hidden there. They really did use some Disney Magic for that trick.
It really was neat to see.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #1941
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The next room we went in had the Armoire. We were then allowed to volunteer to be part of the show. I told Claire she had to if she wanted a picture with Belle. At that point in time I had read only those who were part of the show actually got a picture with Belle. I am not sure if this has changed or not. I heard there were quite a few complaints and it was talked about being changed, but I havenít kept up on the issue much.

Sadly, Claire was not chosen as the Beast, but she was chosen to be Phillppe.

Adults could volunteer as well and after the main characters were given out, they asked if anyone wanted to be something and I said yes and became a picture frame. (sorry, there is no picture of me in all my glory!)

I believe we had to practice a few things and then were led into the library.

I believe the story was that we were surprising Belle.

While we got settled in I took a lot of pictures of the room.

There are benches to sit on, but most of the kids got up front on the floor.

Lumierre was amazing!

Old 09-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #1942
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Again, I was not following the proper party rules where you need to do as many of the party activities as possible. We had something else on the agenda firstÖ..The New Fantasyland! Yep, I wanted to get back there AGAIN!
We didnít even have to ask this time, they just waved people back and off we went. This time we had something new to try, Enchanted Tales with Belle. They told us the wait was about 30 minutes and we thought it would be worth it so we got in line.

My kids refused to go anywhere near Enchanted Tales With Belle.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #1943
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

What you have posted so far from Enchanted Tales with Belle looks amazing. I start to wonder if I somehow have to squeeze this in in December.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #1944
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo for the new car I can't wait to see a picture.

That baby hat was cute. If I put one on river at that age he would have flung it out of the boat

We never got to do Enchanted Tales with Belle when we were there the line was always at least an hour long and neither one of us wanted to wait in the heat that long for anything. I would like to see it sometime though.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #1945
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
My kids refused to go anywhere near Enchanted Tales With Belle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What you have posted so far from Enchanted Tales with Belle looks amazing. I start to wonder if I somehow have to squeeze this in in December.

Corinna
it is neat and I do suggest seeing it at least once. I am not sure if I would consider it a repeater, especially if lines are long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Woo Hoo for the new car I can't wait to see a picture.

That baby hat was cute. If I put one on river at that age he would have flung it out of the boat

We never got to do Enchanted Tales with Belle when we were there the line was always at least an hour long and neither one of us wanted to wait in the heat that long for anything. I would like to see it sometime though.
I need to get pictures of it. I have some really bad phone pictures so far. I now have bug guts on it too, so I need to wash those off.

I have heard the lines are really long and I wouldn't want to wait for it either. I think it is going to have fastpass plus though.

Claire used to love hats as a kid, but I don't know if she would've kept that on with the elastic around her fat face.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #1946
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

How neat that both you and Claire were able to participate in the show! We skipped Enchanted Tales when we went because, quite honestly, none of us were really interested in it. Even me. Can you believe it?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #1947
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
How neat that both you and Claire were able to participate in the show! We skipped Enchanted Tales when we went because, quite honestly, none of us were really interested in it. Even me. Can you believe it?
It is neat to see, but I don't see it being so popular in years to come. Well kids will probably like it, but for me not a draw to go back over and over. Some shows and things I love to do over and over and others...once is enough.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #1948
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pics at Enchanted Tales with Belle. I have to admit that I have no desire to do this (let alone wait more than 10 minutes for it); I suppose that will change if I have a granddaughter at some point. But it's fun seeing other people's children (and parents ) participate.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #1949
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pics at Enchanted Tales with Belle. I have to admit that I have no desire to do this (let alone wait more than 10 minutes for it); I suppose that will change if I have a granddaughter at some point. But it's fun seeing other people's children (and parents ) participate.
There is some really neat technology in there, but I think Claire will not like it in a few years time.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #1950
MEK
DIS Veteran

Ahhh - CRT! Can you believe I haven't eaten there yet? Someday. Claire looks like she is really loving the princess interaction and the make your own cupcake.

I love Claire's party dress. How much longer do you think she will want to wear all those adorable clothes? I'm sure she has a few years left before she becomes a pre-teen.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: