Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
bosmom11
Earning My Ears

Smile Quiet/Convenient Room Location at Polynesian

I am going to be staying at the Polynesian in November for 3 nights with my husband and 2 year old son. It's my first time back to the Polynesian after 15 years of being away and I cannot wait. I have been reading many threads about where to stay/rooms to request, and I am now very confused! I am looking for a quiet room, with a balcony, in a convenient location - not too far from transportation options. Per other threads, it seems like Tahiti or Tokelau may be my best bet. We will return to the room for naps, so a longhouse in a quieter location would be best, and a balcony or patio would be ideal, so we can sit outside while my son naps. Transportation nearby would be great as well but not as important as quiet/balcony. I had also read that due to renovations, not all longhouses are open, does anyone have any information on this? TIA for any help you can give me!
bosmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

We've had problems with soundproofing in Tokelau... (Not sure it's gonna get better with all the constructions going on right now --and coming!--)

We've been upgraded to Aotearoa. No balcony but it felt like we were alone in the building and it was close to everything.
mevelandry is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Don't request a specific room. They don't know why you requested it, and if they can't put you in it, then they could put you anywhere.

Make your requests general if you can and list the request you care the most about first. Tokelau, 2nd or 3rd floor might be better than Room 3456.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

go to google - tikiman - fan sites for polyn

he does answer - if you can't find what you want on his site

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
bosmom11
Earning My Ears

thank you all so much for your help. i am hoping to avoid being next door to all the construction noise if possible!
bosmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure which building to ask for as it relates to construction, but I will suggest you request to be far from the elevators and mousekeeping staging areas. Last year we were in Tokelau first floor, just like we requested. But, we were right next to the elevator and mousekeeping staging area, and we heard banging and clanging all afternoon during nap time.

That will always be my number 1 room request now. I understand Mousekeeping has a job to do, and I don't begrudge them making noise, but for mid-day nappers it would be better to be in a different part of the hallway. There are plenty of people gone all day that would never notice that.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: