Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #811
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Fridge Update:

By Leah Zanolla
Jul 10, 2013

Update 9/9/13: The fridges have been replaced at the Art of Animation, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club and Beach Club. They have also been replaced at the Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier at Disneyland.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #812
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

One week from today we'll be at our favorite resort!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #813
tchip827
Earning My Ears

Upgrades

Any suggestions or tips on how to get a free room upgrade? Maybe a better view, or room location? Anyone every get upgraded from e studio to a 1 bedroom?
tchip827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #814
Crazy Hakim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchip827 View Post
Any suggestions or tips on how to get a free room upgrade?
If your DVC, using points, I am quite certain you cannot be upgraded in any way.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #815
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Just changed from BWV to BWI for my F&W trip. Less than a month...

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #816
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchip827 View Post
Any suggestions or tips on how to get a free room upgrade? Maybe a better view, or room location? Anyone every get upgraded from e studio to a 1 bedroom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hakim View Post
If your DVC, using points, I am quite certain you cannot be upgraded in any way.
Agreed. With DVC points, you get what you booked. But sometimes cash reservations do get upgraded occasionally. Short stays are usually the best way to make it happen.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #817
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
We "cheated" on BWV a couple of weeks ago and stayed at BCV.

Previous poster is correct - rooms are practically identical to BWV. Of course there are nuances about best room locations. I prefer woods view or a view that does not face the pool. Why? Next paragraph.

I find BW's leisure pool to be a real job. Usually quiet, and rarely crowded or excessively noisy. BCV's pool, however, becomes noisy, crowded and unpleasant every evening once Stormalong Bay closes. Perhaps off season when Stormalong Bay closes earlier, the leisure pool calms down a bit earlier. But during August it was annoying until 12:30am.

Food: Used to be BC had the advantage but with the redone Boardwalk Bakery I am quite please with the food! Still wish it wasn't so far from the pools though. Also, Lobster roll at Boardwalk is hands down the best resort sandwich. But for counter service, BCV does have both the Marketplace and Hannah's and a wider selection between the two. (Poolside at Boardwalk is a joke to me.)

For sit down meals, there is no contest. No, really, no need to compare. All the restaurants are so accessible from BW to BYC to Swan and Dolphin that there is no need to compare! That abundance of food and locations to EPCOT and Studios make the whole area our favorite whether we are at BW or BYC.
I agree about the dining being no contest, but I also liked the way you wrote it! Well done. . Thanks for the review. How did Kidani compare? (Hopefully not too off topic!)
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #818
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

The nearest Lobster Roll is at the BoardWalk Bakery. Here is a grand re-opening review with lots of photos. Scroll way down for the LR photo - yum!
Thank You for the great web site. My first trip was last Jan & The Bakery was closed. Can't wait to try it on our next trip.
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #819
sabnrob06
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Husband and I will be staying at BWI Sept. 20-22 for a quick, kid free weekend! It will be our first time at this resort. Have stayed at YC in the last and loved it. Hoping we will love this one as well.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #820
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
One week from today we'll be at our favorite resort!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Will you post live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Just changed from BWV to BWI for my F&W trip. Less than a month...

Did you make any location request?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
Thank You for the great web site. My first trip was last Jan & The Bakery was closed. Can't wait to try it on our next trip.
You're welcome and I think you're going to enjoy the new BWB. It's gotten positive reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabnrob06 View Post
Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Husband and I will be staying at BWI Sept. 20-22 for a quick, kid free weekend! It will be our first time at this resort. Have stayed at YC in the last and loved it. Hoping we will love this one as well.
Hello and welcome! A kid-free weekend sounds great! Though I have heard there are occasionally kids at WDW

I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #821
sabnrob06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Hello and welcome! A kid-free weekend sounds great! Though I have heard there are occasionally kids at WDW

I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin.
You are correct about the kids BUT they won't be OUR kids! Woo hoo! Lol
Old 09-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #822
epsmith921
Mouseketeer

Headed to the boardwalk Tuesday 9/17 to 9/21! Just a few days away! First disney club level stay. Thanks to all the posters here for the great information and pictures!
epsmith921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #823
lifeguard1020
Earning My Ears

Well, I have been reading this thread for some time now. Having never stayed at the Boardwalk, I am quite excited for our trip (sep 17-23.) All my other DVC states have been OKW or Saratoga. This is an exciting trip for us. We will be celebrating our anniversary as well as our son's first trip to the world. I've got 40 something trips under my belt (as well as taking my first steps at the Polynesian.)
No matter what, even tho I said it already, we are excited to be staying in the Epcot/DHS resort area...

Dan
lifeguard1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #824
mom4graceandlogan
DIS Veteran

Rapid Refill mugs- If I buy it at the little marketplace, are the pool, pizza place and bakery still able to refill it? I heard somewhere there is a disclaimer saying no pool bars, but I assume places without a food court will still do so. I really don't want to have to walk from pool to bakery to fill it. That would make it not worth it. Can anyone confirm filling them at the pool?
2003; Gracie's first trip Wilderness Lodge;May, 2005 Logan's first trip Wilderness Lodge; December, 2005 Wilderness Lodge;January 2007 Poly and WL Marathon Weekend; Sept 2007 10 days WL/Poly;Sept 2008 10 days BCV/WLV; June 2009 Swan; Thanksgiving Fort WIlderness/Contemporary200;June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, September 2010 Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge; December 2010 Wilderness Lodge and Swan; September, 2011 WL and Dolphin; Buying a house instead of a 2012 trip, actually going anyway and got new house. Sept. 2012 10 days WL/BC concierge, July 2013 AoA and WBC to do all the Orlando attractions we never get to; Sept. 2013 WL Villas and BWV, 4/2014 Chaperone chorus trip to POP, September 2014, Beach club than Universal RPR, youngest finally big enough for Spiderman!
mom4graceandlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #825
MiramarQE
Mouseketeer

BWV First Timers

We're staying 4 days starting this weekend in a 1 br on rented points as a "try out DVC before you buy it" vacation.

We're Florida residents, passholders and have averaged 20 nights in WDW the last few years - usually 8-10 days in the Poly or BC, the rest long weekends at POR/POFQ.

IF we buy DVC (yes it's still an 'if') we would buy either BWV or BCV - we take our long trip in October and I figure the only way to get a reservation at either would be to own there. We can live with SSR for short-notice weekend jaunts.

Anything specific we should be looking for as frequent CRO guests/first time DVC at BWV? Locations within the villas? (do you like 1st floor or higher? Why?) Helpful hints for dealing without Mousekeeping? Things to not forget to bring (due to DW's coffee addiction, we know to bring basket-style not cone paper filter and ground coffee! I'm a workout nut, so I'll sample Muscles & Bustles), etc.
MiramarQE is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: