Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #136
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousfive View Post
Relieved that many think this is not true! !But now I'm disturbed by the spider & scorpion story. Worrying about these creatures is the last thing I want to do on my trip! At least we go in the winter when maybe not so many creepy crawlies are out, right? I just need to put this thread out of my mind.
Spiders are everywhere not just Florida. Scorpions in Florida are very small and not venomous. They do bite and that can hurt but they don't have any dangerous things involved. They are rare, but, like all those little lizards, can get in anywhere. But you are not likely to see one.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #137
lvstitch
Yankees Rule

Maybe he did get bit but not necessarily in the way he said it happened.

1986-1993 Four trips - off property, 1994 - Grand Floridian (Married in Disney World), 1995 - Polynesian, 2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2004 - Wilderness Lodge (Concierge), 2005 - Pop Century/Disney Wonder/Grand Floridian(Concierge), 2007 - 1st Nanahead Cruise - Disney Magic 2008 - Disney Magic - Mex Riv , 2008 - Disney Magic - Western, 2009 - Port Oleans Riverside, 2011 - First ever 2-night cruise on the Wonder 2011 - Pop/B2B Disney Dream 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Room
30+ Trips to Disneyland since 2002
lvstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #138
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by castle1 View Post
Not so concerned about the snake, now, as I am about the BIG spider on ToT....
Wish I hadn't read this thread lol
To ease your mind, go back and reread that particular post. The poster said that they didn't see what it was, they felt it, grabbed it and threw it. For all they know they threw some kids toy that was dislodged in the ride. Clung to clothing might have had velcro on it.

Point being that could have been anything. It hasn't been identified at all just spoken as a suggestion. You picked up on "spider" and stopped listening right at that spot. All we know is that something fell on someone and that someone grabbed it and threw it into the dark and still doesn't know what it was. I don't think I would worry about it much.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #139
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvstitch View Post
Maybe he did get bit but not necessarily in the way he said it happened.
That crossed my mind as well. And the posibilities with that are endless and absolutely amusing.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #140
Amanda999
Mouseketeer

I stayed at POFQ late August this year. A big bug came in my (1st floor) room, so I called maintenance and they sent over (2!) men to get it out.

Anyway, when I said I'm only staying in 2nd or higher floors from now on, they said they have removed a snake from the 5th floor (of another resort at Disney).

(He was a real help, huh?!) But, didn't bother me - it's Florida, I figure.
Amanda999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #141
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda999 View Post
I stayed at POFQ late August this year. A big bug came in my (1st floor) room, so I called maintenance and they sent over (2!) men to get it out.

Anyway, when I said I'm only staying in 2nd or higher floors from now on, they said they have removed a snake from the 5th floor (of another resort at Disney).

(He was a real help, huh?!) But, didn't bother me - it's Florida, I figure.
If there is one thing that the south has in abundance is big, weird, scary looking bugs. And, of course, snakes. Most are harmless and above all, it is a very rare occurrence that they show up with a lot of people around. Also many bugs fly so if you were on the 100th floor it might not mean anything. Even if they couldn't fly, they have this amazing ability to walk up the side of buildings, so you can run but you cannot hide.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #142
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
If there is one thing that the south has in abundance is big, weird, scary looking bugs. And, of course, snakes. Most are harmless and above all, it is a very rare occurrence that they show up with a lot of people around.
lol depends on how far south ya are.. here in the bayou we get unintended pets all the time.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #143
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

I started laughing so hard at my desk that people around me are staring... OMG these are tooooo funny, thank you all for the laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urugami View Post
Nah.. this has to be a Muppet Movie...
Snakes In SPaaaaaaace!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Powhatan View Post
I heard from my neighbors brothers cousins sisters Pilates instructors parole officer that this kind of thing happens all of the time at Toy Story Mania. So... everyone should avoid that ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Snake mountain coming 2015

Old 09-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #144
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
To ease your mind, go back and reread that particular post. The poster said that they didn't see what it was, they felt it, grabbed it and threw it. For all they know they threw some kids toy that was dislodged in the ride. Clung to clothing might have had velcro on it.
It moved in my hand when I yanked it off my (bare) arm.

It was no toy, and if it had velcro on it it was on its stomach, which I'm assuming I didn't touch because when I pulled its grasping appendages from my arm I didn't feel any. If someone dropped a stuffed Mickey on your arm, you'd know the difference from a warm, living creature.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #145
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
It moved in my hand when I yanked it off my (bare) arm.

It was no toy, and if it had velcro on it it was on its stomach, which I'm assuming I didn't touch because when I pulled its grasping appendages from my arm I didn't feel any. If someone dropped a stuffed Mickey on your arm, you'd know the difference from a warm, living creature.
I'm with ya Zehn, whatever landed on me was alive as well, I'm just telling myself it was one of those cute lil lizards all over the place.

I am just waiting for the person to come on this thread and say "Once, on ToT,something alive hit me in the back of the head like it had been thrown like a major league pitcher...." because let me tell you, that baby had to have some speed on it with the force I flung it.

RebeccaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #146
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

So did the snake pay admission?

And did the snake get a magic band, no, probably just an old Florida Resident AP.

No FP+ for Kaa.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #147
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post

And did the snake get a magic band, no, probably just an old Florida Resident AP.

No FP+ for Kaa.
he got ran out for blowing bubbles
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #148
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristie64063 View Post
How do you know? There's actually "no way" you can prove it didn't happen. It was just as likely to happen, as not likely to happen...

It may be unbelieveable, but it's completely possible, and while it maybe can't be proved, it can't be proven it didn't happen.... Just b/c a CM didn't know ... Do you really think Disney lets every little intern know what's going on there?

Someone also questioned that where'd the snake go, the original OP post said they had to shut down the ride and found it dead at the bottom. No, it doesn't die from biting, but could possibly from falling.

I could very well not be true, but it could also just as easily be true, it's not really all that far fetched, just because it wasn't on the local news. If disney didn't want the details out, they probably had a pretty goood hold on keeping them in. They make billions of dollars, lol....

However, I do like the "this is a plot to make shorter lines" theory, lol!!!
Quote:
Actually, no. The likelihood of a snake NOT dropping from the ceiling of Space Mountain is much much greater than that it did.
Math is hard.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #149
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post

No FP+ for Kaa.
Not if it were a service snake
Old 09-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #150
Chief Powhatan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Snake mountain coming 2015

Great! Another crane to have in the background of the castle!

Fort Wilderness - 2014,2013,2012,2011,2010,2007,2006,2005
All Star Sports - 2001
Chief Powhatan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: