Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
After doing some real searching, I was able to find one quote from Tom Staggs about regular day visitors being able to buy MagicBands:

However, that quote was way back in early January and I have not found anything more recent except things that support my belief that they are not planning to give or sell MagicBands to people who are not AP holders or resort guests, unless they buy Photopass. It's possible that they've either backtracked on that plan or are not planning to roll it out for quite a long time.
I know of no public statements from Disney that they are NOT going to sell the bands to guests who would otherwise not get them, and a few that they will like the one you quoted. In the absence of a public statement contradicting the previous statement, I expect the previous statement is still in force. However, they are NOT TALKING about it right now because they are in the middle of testing and they are worried about that.

Anyone here should know that a phone CM saying something that they aren't directly involved with is quite often incorrect.

And I can't see Disney passing an opportunity to sell something else, especially if the guests want it. MagicBand? Sure, that's $20...and be sure to check out our Wall of MagicBand Bling to spice it up..."

I'm guessing on the $20. But previous reports did say that the replacement price of a MB would be $50 after one free replacement...figure that's to cover the cost of the first two...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #17
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

If some of this comes to pass then we are so done with WDW. We stay offsite at times for several reasons and I see no reason to stop that. If Disney doesn't want us to buy their passes and so on then that will be fine. I refuse to pay often more for passes and food than onsite guests and not even be able to buy FP+.

That said, I'll wait and see what happens. I'm not writing off anything until I know a lot more.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

But you don't have to do the MagicBands... offsite you can still just get and use a ticket card as always.

The MagicBands is an obvious upsell. They'll cover the cost with the accessory sales. I am not thrilled with a band but I do like the convenience of admission, fastpass and door key in one. And making purchases with RFID is so easy and fast compared to the past.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #19
Ckmommy72
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Another Magic Band question...

Deleted

DH Michael DS C (13) DD K (9)

March 2006 - Off Site
January 2012 - POR
January 2013 - ASMo
September 2013 - AKL (MNSSHP & F&W)
October 2014 - ASMu (14th anniversary trip)

Last edited by Ckmommy72; 07-21-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: OOps - posted to a thread instead of adding a thread
Ckmommy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: