Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #151
SrisonS
... and that's 'ess-ryzun-ess' (play on my name) ;)

Just to let everyone, Scott Sanders (who is also on the DisBoards) has an AWESOME Disney Cruise Line Blog!!!! Check it out for a lot of great info.

Last edited by SrisonS; 05-03-2013 at 10:26 PM.
SrisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #152
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrisonS View Post
Just to let everyone, Scott Sanders (who I believe is also on the DisBoards) has an AWESOME Disney Cruise Line Blog!!!! Check it out for a lot of great info.
Thanks for the link!!

Another site for vicarious salivation and living!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR

Last edited by PrincessInOz; 05-01-2013 at 10:22 PM.
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #153
SrisonS

Day 7: The Cherry On Top

Disney's Human Element - In A Bibbidi Bobbidi Bind by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

While my DW was getting things worked out, I decided to wander around a little bit with my daughter. We didn’t go too far, but we headed over to where the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was located. I mainly wanted to see if there were some cool shot opportunities to be had near it. But we actually happened to come across a neat little find; an Enchanted Art game. The “picture” on the wall looked like a nice piece of cartoon art; but the ship’s wheel in front of it let you know otherwise. The object here is just to direct the pirate ship to the treasure. Nothing really more than that. And there aren’t different levels or scenes or anything. So everyone can get a turn at this, without having to wait long. But since it’s not in a high traffic area, most people won’t even see it. If anything, finding this proves why it’s a good idea to just “get lost” on the ship. You never know what you might find.

IMG_1935 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

IMG_1945 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Of all the cool things this cruise has to offer, one of the coolest would fall on our last dinner of the trip…..the Animation Magic Dinner Show!!!!! So earlier in the report, I mentioned how much I liked our rotation because of how we landed in Animator’s Palate on Pirate Night. And we’re back in AP for this!?!?!?! Gotta love it!!! Going in, I had heard about how great this dinner experience would be. And I absolutely enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I didn’t even think to look up video of Animation Magic before our trip; but I probably wouldn’t have done it anyway. It’s nice go into new situations and be totally surprised. If you know everything going in, you’ll miss out on the magic of discovery….. says the one who’s posting tons of pics. But for those that don’t know, the Animation Magic show has you draw out a character before your meal. And near the end of the dinner, all of the characters get animated into a show. I’m assuming that the screens in your section only show characters that were done in that particular section (your table number is written on your sketch); because mine appeared quite a few times, while my wife’s only appeared a couple of time; but our DD’s didn’t show at all for some reason. I’m almost thinking that they didn’t put it in there because the little boy at our table didn’t have his dance either. But he definitely didn’t follow the rules with his drawing (hey, he’s only 3); and I drew my DD’s for her. So that was the only thing I could think of; unless it was just pure coincidence.

IMG_1947 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

With Jessyca and Fiona….
IMG_1951 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

The show this final night was “An Unforgettable Journey”. I can’t totally remember all of the details of it; but it was a nice little goodbye. There was one moment of the show that stood out for us though. For one part of it, there was a big memory book showing pictures from throughout our cruise. And although there weren’t a ton of pictures shown, my in-laws happened to make it in there!!!! I wouldn’t be surprised if some people in the theatre didn’t realize that some of the pictures up there were from our particular cruise. I might not have thought it myself, if not for my in-laws making an appearance. And if I wasn’t so afraid of getting yelled at, I might have even tried to grab a quick pic of it. But they made it clear during all of the shows that photography wasn’t allowed. And almost everyone stuck to keeping their cameras away. If I remember correctly, photography without a flash was permitted when we were on the Magic a few years ago. I have quite a few pictures of the shows. So I know I wouldn’t have gotten that many off by being negligent of the rules. But it was nice to just sit back and enjoy. Plus, my daughter tends to always want to sit on my lap whenever we’re watching any of the shows. And that definitely keeps me from getting pictures. I don’t mind though.

Stephany was the room attendant for the set of rooms next to ours; but we saw her A LOT. And she would always interact with our DD.
IMG_1967 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Valentino (our room attendant) was flat our awesome!!!! (I think this was his last cruise though). Our DD seemed to gravitate towards him; and Stephany would always joke about that, and act all jealous and stuff. It was fun to see.
IMG_1968 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

And now, our final night has ended. No late night walks for us tonight. And no stopping by Luigi’s pizza for a quick bite to eat. We head back to the room… pack our bags… and set out our luggage, before saying goodnight.

IMG_1969 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

My Disney Pics on Flickr!!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #154
SrisonS

Sea Ya' Real Soon!!!!

Sea Ya' Real Soon!!!

IMG_1976 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Morning arrives, and our final breakfast with our tablemates and serving crew is in Animator’s Palate. The food was basically the standard fare. But it was a nice time to get those final group pictures…. get those final hugs…. exchange e-mails… and say your final goodbyes.

We still keep in touch with our Aussie tablemates though; and there’s a slight chance they could be on our next Disney Cruise. They even sent us an Australian care package. It mainly had a few cute things for our DD; but there were also Tim Tams (which were very good), and Vegemite (which we are still afraid to try). I’m sure they’ll make a Disney World visit in the future. And as long as we’re still living in Orlando, we’ll definitely make time to meet up with them.

IMG_1981 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

All in all, the cruise was absolutely fantastic!!! There was great food, great all-around service, and great company. It was nice to occasionally get out on my own; but even better that I had some unforgettable moments with my family. I loved everything about being on the ship; but REALLY enjoyed the destinations. I saw how different a cruise can be as a newlywed couple, compared to traveling with a toddler. Is it any different? Abso-freakin’-lutely!!! But either way, it is still a VERY satisfying experience. And with a cruise, you can’t beat the feeling of totally getting away, but still going everywhere. You may sail the same ships. You may see the same beaches. You may even see the same people. But every voyage will produce its own legacy.

So to the Disney Fantasy… to our Aussie friends… and to the various cast and crew… I bid a momentary adieu. And Sea Ya’ Real Soon!!!!

IMG_1982 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr
Old 05-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #155
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Awww, sad, it's all finished.

Thanks for this trip report. It's been a delight to read and look at all your beautiful photos. You've certainly helped build the excitement for my turn on the Fantasy in 4 1/2 months time.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #156
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Scott - Thanks for sharing. I've enjoyed your trip report and hope that there is more holidays; and Disney, in the foreseable future for you.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #157
SrisonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
Awww, sad, it's all finished.

Thanks for this trip report. It's been a delight to read and look at all your beautiful photos. You've certainly helped build the excitement for my turn on the Fantasy in 4 1/2 months time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Scott - Thanks for sharing. I've enjoyed your trip report and hope that there is more holidays; and Disney, in the foreseable future for you.

Thank you both!!!! I loved sharing our experience. Hopefully I was of help to people. And there will always be Disney in my future. I'm only 30 minutes from there. So that's basically what we do.... DISNEY!!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #158
SKEEWEE 96
Earning My Ears

All I can say is WOW! WOW!

Scott, thank you so much for your TR. All I can say is WOW! WOW! to everything: your family, your photos and your report. Just reviewing your post has created such an excitement for me and my DGDs trip in March 2014. Again, thanks and WOW! WOW!
SKEEWEE 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #159
Fatshe Leso
Earning My Ears

There are a number of talented photographers here on this forum but none better than you! Great commentary as well. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Fatshe Leso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #160
SrisonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKEEWEE 96 View Post
Scott, thank you so much for your TR. All I can say is WOW! WOW! to everything: your family, your photos and your report. Just reviewing your post has created such an excitement for me and my DGDs trip in March 2014. Again, thanks and WOW! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshe Leso View Post
There are a number of talented photographers here on this forum but none better than you! Great commentary as well. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Thanks!!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #161
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

I absolutely loved your trip report. I was debating on booking my next cruise and was a little hesitant about San Juan. After seeing you pictures, I'm sold.
Pop Century 7/2007- 1st Trip-- Disney Cruise on the Magic 2009--Pop Century 6/2010-- One Night Premium B-day trip ASsp/Dolphin 9/2010-- Saratoga Springs Resort 7/2011 -- Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream 9/2011!Disney Dream AKL 02/13 Adults Only!11/13 Disney Dream/ Swan Thanksgiving Surf and Turf! Food and Wine ASMo Bday trip 9/14
NoodlesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #162
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Nice Job on the report Scott. Loved you photos and composition. Your the King of Composition sir!

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #163
SrisonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesMom View Post
I absolutely loved your trip report. I was debating on booking my next cruise and was a little hesitant about San Juan. After seeing you pictures, I'm sold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Nice Job on the report Scott. Loved you photos and composition. Your the King of Composition sir!
Thank you both!!!!

And I think that San Juan is a good destination for the cruise line. If we ever get back, I'd probably think of just doing it on foot (not sure if my wife would go for that or not). But there were plenty of sights in walking distance of the ship. With the somewhat glimpse we got of the hotel/tourist/beach area, that looked very nice as well. Couldn't walk there; but I'm sure it would be worth the time to visit.

Last edited by SrisonS; 09-08-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #164
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby

I really enjoyed your trip report! My husband and I are getting ready to sail on the Fantasy this November, so reading about your trip and seeing all of your pictures was wonderful!

11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #165
SrisonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Michelle View Post
I really enjoyed your trip report! My husband and I are getting ready to sail on the Fantasy this November, so reading about your trip and seeing all of your pictures was wonderful!
Thanks!!! Enjoy your trip!!!

Tags
2012, disney fantasy cruise, eastern caribbean, pictures, san juan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: