Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #76
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykorf001 View Post
Not saying the story is true, but snakes can definitely climb metal surfaces.
I didn't say it wasn't possible but it's not likely. And, I don't believe it. The OP can come on and try to convince everyone it happened to her friend's son, but we don't have to believe it.

To me, this is just heresay.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #77
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
I didn't say it wasn't possible but it's not likely. And, I don't believe it. The OP can come on and try to convince everyone it happened to her friend's son, but we don't have to believe it.

To me, this is just heresay.
Well of course it's hearsay- she heard her friend say it. Doesn't make it false. And of course you don't have to believe it- you don't have to believe the earth is round either.

Just because something is unlikely to happen doesn't mean it won't. It was very unlikely that a little child reaching for a toy under a shrub right beside a resort sidewalk would be bitten by a rattlesnake. But it happened.

Snakes go after vermin. They're known to hide out in strange places. They can climb. So it's not impossible that a snake managed to work its way up into the rafters. And I've seen snakes fall out of trees, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that this one fell out of wherever it was.

A very rare and freaky occurance: absolutely. But I see no reason to dismiss the possibility.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #78
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Well of course it's hearsay- she heard her friend say it. Doesn't make it false. And of course you don't have to believe it- you don't have to believe the earth is round either.

Just because something is unlikely to happen doesn't mean it won't. It was very unlikely that a little child reaching for a toy under a shrub right beside a resort sidewalk would be bitten by a rattlesnake. But it happened.

Snakes go after vermin. They're known to hide out in strange places. They can climb. So it's not impossible that a snake managed to work its way up into the rafters. And I've seen snakes fall out of trees, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that this one fell out of wherever it was.

A very rare and freaky occurance: absolutely. But I see no reason to dismiss the possibility.
Um, okay. That was a bit rude. I and others don't have to believe if we don't want to. You and the OP are asking everyone to believe something one person has reported from a friend, not even first hand, with no corroborating evidence or any other witnesses.

Actually, a child reaching into/under a shrub being bitten by a snake is very believable.

BTW, I know very well about snakes. When I was six I almost stepped on a water moccasin. If my grandfather hadnt' seen it and stopped me from stepping, I would have been bitten.

Why is it so important to you that I believe it?

I also learned a long time ago that just getting one side of a story and believing every word isn't going to get you the truth.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #79
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Um, okay. That was a bit rude. I and others don't have to believe if we don't want to. You and the OP are asking everyone to believe something one person has reported from a friend, not even first hand, with no corroborating evidence or any other witnesses.

Actually, a child reaching into/under a shrub being bitten by a snake is very believable.

BTW, I know very well about snakes. When I was six I almost stepped on a water moccasin. If my grandfather hadnt' seen it and stopped me from stepping, I would have been bitten.

Why is it so important to you that I believe it?

I also learned a long time ago that just getting one side of a story and believing every word isn't going to get you the truth.
What was rude? I said quite plainly that no one said you have to believe anything.

And it is certainly of no importance to me whether you believe it or not. I was simply stating that there is nothing in the story that disproves the claim and I see no reason to claim that it is a lie based simply on the absence of photographic proof. Benefit of the doubt and all that stuff. Why is it so important to you that this be regarded as a fabrication?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #80
leftaslide
NW GA. DDC #751

Every theme park in America has a story like this. Lake Winnepesaukah in Chattanooga has had a story about snakes falling in laps on the boat chute since I was a kid, and probably long before that. I have a hard time believing this story also, although I don't doubt the presence of these critters at WDW at all. I encounter little wood scorpions here at home quite often. If the story were real, there would/should be some kind of identification out there of said snake. I'd be very interested to know what kind it is. Either way, you're probably more likely to get struck by lightening or win the lotto than have a snake fall in your lap and bite you on a ride. Now, spiders and mice....more chance there. Hmmm....maybe that's why the snakes are all up in the rides? Hmm?

Dragging the Kids Back to WDW, a Sept. 2014 PTR!
leftaslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #81
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

No way did this happen.

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #82
serenitygr
Mouseketeer

hmmmmm maybe it's a plot to make the lines at Space Mountain shorter???
Old 09-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #83
castle1
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Not so concerned about the snake, now, as I am about the BIG spider on ToT....
Wish I hadn't read this thread lol
Old 09-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #84
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitygr View Post
hmmmmm maybe it's a plot to make the lines at Space Mountain shorter???
If this is the case and it works I wonder if something similar could be done with Toy Story Mania?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #85
SashaFarce
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftaslide View Post
Every theme park in America has a story like this. Lake Winnepesaukah in Chattanooga has had a story about snakes falling in laps on the boat chute since I was a kid, and probably long before that.
Yes! I would not ride that thing for years as a kid because I was sure I was going to get bitten by a snake and that I would die in that tunnel. The odds of that being true are about as good as this story. I sincerely doubt that this would have not made the news - something like this would have to be reported as an incident in the park, and in a building the size of Space Mtn's it would take way more than 2 hours to find a snake if at all.

Past Trips: Prior to 2013: 14 trips
Feb 2013 @ AoA Sept 2013 @ CBR Oct 2013 @ Pop Dec 2013 @ DLR
Feb 2014 @ ASMusic Apr 2014 on the Disney Dream May 2014 @ ASMovies Aug 2014

Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014 Jan 2014

SashaFarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #86
MsMagical
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh! Why am I reading this 4 days before my trip?! You never saw this, you never saw this, this did not exist...lalalalalala...
MsMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #87
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

I am having trouble with the medical treatment of this injury. It does not seem consistent with a snake bite IMHO. I guess more info about the identity of the reptilian perpetrator would help.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #88
Deanie1
Mouseketeer

I think this story is highly unlikely also. But, I betcha I have a bad dream tonight about BIG spiders!
Deanie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #89
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMagical View Post
Oh my gosh! Why am I reading this 4 days before my trip?! You never saw this, you never saw this, this did not exist...lalalalalala...

Exactly my thoughts OMG OMG OMG now I can't even get to sleep keeping my lite on....brings back memories of time I was driving through a wooded area and a big bird flew over my car with a snake in its mouth and dropped snake right on hood of my car needless to say I went off rd into ditch. Have never driven on that road again had nightmares for ages! I am terrified of snakes!
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #90
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I want to hear the snake's side of the story!
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: