Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #61
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

This sounds fishy to me. PeterPanic had some good points plus a ride CM said that they never heard of this.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #62
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

I read the Orlando Sentinel almost daily.
How did this INCIDENT not make the news, especially with social media.
Sorry, I'm not biting right now.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #63
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Snopes said these things happen all the time - fake scare stories, that is.

It's amazing that it's always he said/she said stories and never the 'real' person saying anything, showing pics, etc. that this is supposedly happening to. I'm not that gullible a person.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #64
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I was on ToT and after the first drop, I felt something land in my lap on my arm. I grabbed it with my other hand as we went up, and I am not kidding when I say - I FELT LITTLE LEGS (or possibly FEET??) GRAB MY ARM AND TRY NOT TO BE PULLED OFF OF IT.

I didn't even look to see what it was, I threw it forward as hard as I could. We were in the dark at the time and I still didn't see what it was. It wasn't as big as a mouse, but if it was a spider it was a BIIIG spider!

Never forgot it.

Edited to add - whoa, sounds like another story on page 3!!! Watch out on ToT!!!
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #65
larryz
A few of my favorite turrets...

Well, I guess they'll have to rename it "Snake Mountain."
Old 09-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #66
DisneyBelle27
DIS Veteran

How about we all remember that we live in this thing called the 'real world', and there are all sorts of unusual and unexpected insects/reptiles/amphibians/etc. around any possible corner or turn.

It's just a part of the world we live in. You know, the real one!

Dreaming of my next countdown ticker

My awesomely awesome first ever solo trip to the World trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46328869

Past WDW trips:'86 off-prop., '89 CBR, '94 CBR, '99 off-prop., '01 ASMusic, '01 CBR, '07 ASMusic, '08 PC, '09 3 nights POFQ, 4 nights Wonder, '10 6 nights AKL, '12 AS Sports solo trip w/ToT 10 Miler
DisneyBelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #67
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I was on ToT and after the first drop, I felt something land in my lap on my arm. I grabbed it with my other hand as we went up, and I am not kidding when I say - I FELT LITTLE LEGS (or possibly FEET??) GRAB MY ARM AND TRY NOT TO BE PULLED OFF OF IT.

I didn't even look to see what it was, I threw it forward as hard as I could. We were in the dark at the time and I still didn't see what it was. It wasn't as big as a mouse, but if it was a spider it was a BIIIG spider!

Never forgot it.

Edited to add - whoa, sounds like another story on page 3!!! Watch out on ToT!!!
Holy sweet moly Zehn, were you on at the same time as me??? Bc whatever was in my hand tried to hold on for dear life too, and I flung it as hard as I could too!

RebeccaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #68
Jadeey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post

Never forgot it.

Oh man, now that I've read 2 stories like this I'm going to keep imagining something has fallen on me when I'm on ToT! (I do tend to have bad spider luck so I'm betting one actually will fall on me anyway)
Jadeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #69
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1626 View Post
I read the Orlando Sentinel almost daily.
How did this INCIDENT not make the news, especially with social media.
Sorry, I'm not biting right now.
I'm not really buying it, either.

But, with HIPPA, I don't think hospitals go out of their way to issue press releases, and Disney would rather say nothing publically about any injury.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #70
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadeey View Post
Oh man, now that I've read 2 stories like this I'm going to keep imagining something has fallen on me when I'm on ToT! (I do tend to have bad spider luck so I'm betting one actually will fall on me anyway)
I wouldn't worry too much, I've been on ToT countless times and it's only happened once! You would definitely know if this thing had fallen on you, it PLOPPED on my lap

RebeccaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #71
Jadeey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaB View Post
I wouldn't worry too much, I've been on ToT countless times and it's only happened once! You would definitely know if this thing had fallen on you, it PLOPPED on my lap
I'm just going to have to keep telling myself about the millions of people this hasn't happened to!
Jadeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #72
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

i one time got hit by a penny on the TOT thats almost the same thing as a snake right?
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #73
bdcp
DIS Veteran

The vast majority of snakes that are native to the US slither on the ground. Snakes can climb trees but they use their scales against the bark. They wouldn't have that rough surface on the metal of SM. I was skeptical when I read the OP. While I believe there have been snakes inside of the SM building, I don't really believe this story. Wouldn't this also have been reported to the Florida Fish and Wildlife? I also am pretty sure that this would have been something that CM's and guests would have been aware of and this wouldn't be the first and only report. Call me skeptical, but some stories just don't ring true to me.

Besides, what mother would show pics of her son like that? Plus, what college age kid would send his mom those pics? None I know.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13

Last edited by bdcp; 09-09-2013 at 09:18 PM.
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #74
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
The vast majority of snakes that are native to the US slither on the ground. Snakes can climb trees but they use their scales against the bark. They wouldn't have that rough surface on the metal of SM. I was skeptical when I read the OP. While I believe there have been snakes inside of the SM building, I don't really believe this story. Wouldn't this also have been reported to the Florida Fish and Wildlife? I also am pretty sure that this would have been something that CM's and guests would have been aware of and this wouldn't be the first and only report. Call me skeptical, but some stories just don't ring true to me.

Besides, what mother would show pics of her son like that? Plus, what college age kid would send his mom those pics? None I know.
Not saying the story is true, but snakes can definitely climb metal surfaces.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #75
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Relieved that many think this is not true! !But now I'm disturbed by the spider & scorpion story. Worrying about these creatures is the last thing I want to do on my trip! At least we go in the winter when maybe not so many creepy crawlies are out, right? I just need to put this thread out of my mind.
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: