Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Weight Watchers online

So, after my first pregnancy, I did the regular weight watchers points plan (years back, about 13). It was where you just did an amount of points. I lost 30 lbs. and to be honest, my exercising stunk. I just followed the sound eating plan. Then I had a job where I walked all day, so that just kept it all off. Well, fast forward to now and I've had another child, don't walk as much anymore due to a schedule change, and I would like to lose 20 lbs and keep it off.
The weight watchers online is what I'm thinking of doing. Quite frankly, I feel better about myself when I have a structure to follow than just eating willy-nilly. I do like to eat clean mostly, but am not perfect with that either. However, it is not as much making the right food choices that I have a problem with, but calories in. I usu. either do too much or too little.
I think this would be great for me. Does anyone out there do it this way and do you have any yeas or nays for me on it?
Appreciate any opinions on WW online.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

There are many people doing WW online successfully! And then you can join in on the WW thread, where we have a mix of meetings and online people.

I'm a meetings person myself, so I have no experience with just the etools, but you could always pop in to the WW thread to see who is talking about what.

This time through we get fruits and veggies that are *mostly* 0 points, we get a higher amount of points but foods are calculated higher too, and they are better about emphasizing the fact that eating some/all of Weeklies and/or Activity Points can be part of your program and aren't cheating! (it was that last one that destroyed me the 3 times I've tried WW before...I thought they were cheating and avoided them until I couldn't...binge, quit, repeat...) And I think they focus a bit more on the emotions and mindset of things, the feelings. I find that immensely helpful to have them acknowledge that weight problems go deeper than calories in vs out.

Welcome!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Thanks!
I think I may go for it!

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread