Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #11
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Disney has really been cranking up the resort prices big time in the last 2-3 years. In fall 2008, on a 40% discount, we paid about $300 per night for a room in the GF main building club level. That same room, on a 35% discount, is now around $600 per night for the same off-season time frame.

That's a 100% increase in 5 years -- way higher than any increase in line with inflation (inflation essentially has been close to zero since the 2008 financial crisis).

Ticket prices have also increased more than inflation (although Disney offsets those increases somewhat for purchasers of multi-day tickets by front-loading the pass price in the first couple of days).

Finally, we get to the new Fantasyland and find that the biggest new "attraction" is really something designed to pull even more money from our pockets -- a huge special effects restaurant the price for which is not included in the astronomical cost of the pass. We've done dinner at Be Our Guest, and have absolutely no reason to ever (I mean ever) do it again. And, unless Disney starts adding real value in return for the constant and excessive resort and ticket price increases, we'll soon be saying that about the entire WDW experience.

For years, I've been resigned to the fact that WDW is expensive, but I am now getting truly price weary, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

And, I second what grassmower said -- a cruise is a far better value than a Disney vacation these days!
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: