Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Not sure what Theme Park 1 is, but DL did acquire a small parcel near the DL park to add or relocate some CM parking I believe. No land acquisitions outside of that have been even rumored, beyond the occasional "They are building a Disneyland in my state..." rumors
Manager in charge of the park operation that day
Old 09-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
Manager in charge of the park operation that day
Mabe they were joking about it being in Utah since it's probably pushing the CM parking further away?
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #18
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
Animal Kingdom Lodge is what backs up to Orange Lake. Animal Kingdom Park does not.
Actually the Kilamanjaro Safari and what was Camp Mickey back up right to Orange Lake with a small wooded are between them.

And there is literally about 1,000 feet between Orange Lake's golf course and West Savannah Circle

check google maps.

Search Disney Animal Kingdom
Zoom in on satellite view

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Last edited by Postal68; 09-08-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #19
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
Actually the Kilamanjaro Safari and what was Camp Mickey back up right to Orange Lake with a small wooded are between them.

And there is literally about 1,000 feet between Orange Lake's golf course and West Savannah Circle

check google maps.

Search Disney Animal Kingdom
Zoom in on satellite view

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
You may want to check where you think Camp Minnie Mickey is.

The northern 2/3rd of the safari area is the only area THAT close to the border of RCID (WDW) property.

Camp Minnie Mickey is in the southwest quadrant of the park, where Festival of the Lion King is currently (but it is being moved to make room). It is about a kilometer and a half from the edge of the AK down there to the Orange Lake property, with AKL between.

It's easier to see on Google Earth with Borders enabled (although there appears to be a data error on the border to the west of AKL...) With Google Earth, you can see how the Orange Lake Property cuts in eastward towards the safari area.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 09-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #20
PuppyJonathan
Mouseketeer

Wikimapia is nice for showing borders too
PuppyJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #21
delmarjohn
Earning My Ears

Disneyland will be expanding to a 3rd park...toy story lot is the location....
delmarjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
PuppyJonathan
Mouseketeer

Is it confirmed?
PuppyJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #23
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyJonathan View Post
Is it confirmed?
Yes! It I has been confirmed that there is - in fact - one born every minute
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #24
mjstaceyuofm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Yes! It I has been confirmed that there is - in fact - one born every minute
Play nice now kiddies....
Old 09-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #25
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Getting back on topic :-)

The park is bounded by West Savannah Drive, although it could be pushed back.. but there is the big backstage entrance facility right to the west of Camp MM.

I think it's posisble they want the parking space located south of Camp MM and may want to push that back to the west side of Savannah Drive... also they will need a big construction staging area yet to be defined. Between those two maybe they do need some extra space and acquired it from the East Orange Lake properties.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #26
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Getting back on topic :-)

The park is bounded by West Savannah Drive, although it could be pushed back.. but there is the big backstage entrance facility right to the west of Camp MM.

I think it's posisble they want the parking space located south of Camp MM and may want to push that back to the west side of Savannah Drive... also they will need a big construction staging area yet to be defined. Between those two maybe they do need some extra space and acquired it from the East Orange Lake properties.
I believe that "parking area", along with the Lion King building and Camp Minnie Mickey, is EXACTLY where it is going.

But those areas are nowhere near the Orange Lake property line, except to the northwest, and that's too far from the staging area I think. The problem is that W. Savannah Drive is bounded to the west by water and a larger cast member area where they would likely need to get to the CMM/Avatar area. Beyond that is a TON of room to the west between there and AKL.

There is plenty of space in general. I see no reason for any acquisition of property from Orange Lake for any of this. They may have plans for something else. Or maybe the rumor got turned around, and Orange Lake acquired from Disney? Disney has been de-annexing land for other purposes (Four Seasons, the dirt piles known as Flamingo Crossings - which is immediately north of Orange Lake...

Old 09-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #27
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
I overheard Theme Park 1 at Disneyland saying they purchased some land in Utah or something like that
That's where they are putting the cast member parking. They got a great deal on the land.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
That's where they are putting the cast member parking. They got a great deal on the land.
But the bus ride is going to be awful...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: