Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #796
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,342

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
MY WL/VWL PICTORIAL OVERVIEW/TR IS POSTED HERE.

Hope to see everyone over there - there are plenty of good rockers still available!


Time to get caught up here now...
Thanks for sharing all those photos. They were just wonderful.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #797
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Thanks for sharing all those photos. They were just wonderful.
Thank you, Sandi. Sorry they aren't of BWI/BWV though.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #798
LoveKermit
DIS Veteran
 
LoveKermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 1,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
No, I was told that they will begin to use the magic bands sometime in October. I was also informed that if you really don't want to wear one, and insist that you want the "old style" kttw card, they will cut you one.
Thanks. We will be there in Oct. I ordered park tix yesterday so they should be here by the end of the week. We will register them into MDE and see if FP+ is available. Using the band is neither here nor there for us. Just don't want to miss our FP+ opportunity if it is there.

We shall see.....
__________________
DH (orig WDW nut) Me DD (7)
Several times for each before we met....
DL-1999 offsite with DH**ASMu-2000 first onsite trip with DH**Offsite-2001 Halloween Horror Nights**Antigua-2002 Honeymoon**Offsite-2003 First Anniv. (Magical Music Days)**WL-2004**Dolphin-2004 (AP Nat'l Conference)**Shades of Green-Family Xmas 2005, Thanks for your service BIL**No Trip-2006, DD born in Dec!!!!!!!!**Poly-2007 **Dolphin MNSSHP/F & W-2008**BWV-2010**SSR-2010**BLT-2011**GCH-2013**BWV-2013
LoveKermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #799
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
MY WL/VWL PICTORIAL OVERVIEW/TR IS POSTED HERE.

Hope to see everyone over there - there are plenty of good rockers still available!


Time to get caught up here now...
Wow if I could ever tear myself away from the Epcot area resorts WL would be at the top of my list! Thanks for sharing!
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #800
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein
 
ParrotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Upstate NY near Rochester
Posts: 2,272

We "cheated" on BWV a couple of weeks ago and stayed at BCV.

Previous poster is correct - rooms are practically identical to BWV. Of course there are nuances about best room locations. I prefer woods view or a view that does not face the pool. Why? Next paragraph.

I find BW's leisure pool to be a real job. Usually quiet, and rarely crowded or excessively noisy. BCV's pool, however, becomes noisy, crowded and unpleasant every evening once Stormalong Bay closes. Perhaps off season when Stormalong Bay closes earlier, the leisure pool calms down a bit earlier. But during August it was annoying until 12:30am.

Food: Used to be BC had the advantage but with the redone Boardwalk Bakery I am quite please with the food! Still wish it wasn't so far from the pools though. Also, Lobster roll at Boardwalk is hands down the best resort sandwich. But for counter service, BCV does have both the Marketplace and Hannah's and a wider selection between the two. (Poolside at Boardwalk is a joke to me.)

For sit down meals, there is no contest. No, really, no need to compare. All the restaurants are so accessible from BW to BYC to Swan and Dolphin that there is no need to compare! That abundance of food and locations to EPCOT and Studios make the whole area our favorite whether we are at BW or BYC.
__________________

___________________________________________
Questions by PM are welcome!
Recent Visits: Kidani/BCV Aug2013; POFQ Dec2013 with daughter in Candlelight Processional, Apr2014
Next: BWV Aug2014
BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #801
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations, Dave. I'll put your dates in the BW Bulletin.


He's in luck then





Not that I'm aware of...umm, why? What are you up to?


VWL will be there for another stay, and it looks like they might be getting a rehab in 2014
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #802
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Hello BWI compadres.

The fridge situation has been sorted out, is that correct?

Also, it'll save me having to bring Via if I can find out the answer to this little question: do they now have the Joffrey's pods for the in-room coffee makers? (Those wee Cuisinart pods were little encasements of hideousness. )
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #803
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,037

KOOK Made a change so sorry but need you to remove me from BWI list
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #804
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Wow if I could ever tear myself away from the Epcot area resorts WL would be at the top of my list! Thanks for sharing!
But, I know you'll want to eat at CA Grill. How about a nice, split stay?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello BWI compadres.

The fridge situation has been sorted out, is that correct?

Also, it'll save me having to bring Via if I can find out the answer to this little question: do they now have the Joffrey's pods for the in-room coffee makers? (Those wee Cuisinart pods were little encasements of hideousness. )
Holaaaaaa! (Say it like Jerry's stomach).

Don't call the lawyers if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that all recalled fridges have been replaced at BWI and that the J-Pods are in place. Someone smarter will post if I'm wrong, so no worries. Indeed, ingesting the insipid swill that is/was Disney coffee is a risk, but could you flounce over from BWI to Fountain View for your Starbucks or down to the Belle Vue lounge? (...That has no vue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
KOOK Made a change so sorry but need you to remove me from BWI list
Magical erasing RC quill at the ready, ma'am! Enjoy your AKL stay, Mrs. Doolittle
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #805
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,911

Magic erasing quill ready KOOK?

It should still be out from Sheila's change.

Well, DH has been asking to stay at BWI since we left YC in April....so I booked it.

BWI CL from 8/16/14 - 8/25/14

Can you add me to the bulletin? Pretty please.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #806
Woosterguy
Mouseketeer
 
Woosterguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 86

Kook,
Can you add us to the list too? Booked a studio for 3/5-3/18. Will be our first Boardwalk DVC stay. Looking forward to it.
__________________
81 & 87 Offsite/91 Disney Inn/95 & 00 Port Orleans/
99 Dixie Landings/02 CR/05 WL&Pop/08 BWI/09 Polynesian/11 BLT/12 OKW/12AKV&AS Sports/13 AKV/13 CBR/14 BWV&AS Sports


Woosterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #807
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Magic erasing quill ready KOOK?

It should still be out from Sheila's change.

Well, DH has been asking to stay at BWI since we left YC in April....so I booked it.

BWI CL from 8/16/14 - 8/25/14

Can you add me to the bulletin? Pretty please.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #808
bksomody
Mouseketeer
 
bksomody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill
We "cheated" on BWV a couple of weeks ago and stayed at BCV.

Previous poster is correct - rooms are practically identical to BWV. Of course there are nuances about best room locations. I prefer woods view or a view that does not face the pool. Why? Next paragraph.

I find BW's leisure pool to be a real job. Usually quiet, and rarely crowded or excessively noisy. BCV's pool, however, becomes noisy, crowded and unpleasant every evening once Stormalong Bay closes. Perhaps off season when Stormalong Bay closes earlier, the leisure pool calms down a bit earlier. But during August it was annoying until 12:30am.

Food: Used to be BC had the advantage but with the redone Boardwalk Bakery I am quite please with the food! Still wish it wasn't so far from the pools though. Also, Lobster roll at Boardwalk is hands down the best resort sandwich. But for counter service, BCV does have both the Marketplace and Hannah's and a wider selection between the two. (Poolside at Boardwalk is a joke to me
For sit down meals, there is no contest. No, really, no need to compare. All the restaurants are so accessible from BW to BYC to Swan and Dolphin that there is no need to compare! That abundance of food and locations to EPCOT and Studios make the whole area our favorite whether we are at BW or BYC.
Where can you get the lobster roll?
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:24 AM   #809
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Magic erasing quill ready KOOK?

It should still be out from Sheila's change.

Well, DH has been asking to stay at BWI since we left YC in April....so I booked it.

BWI CL from 8/16/14 - 8/25/14

Can you add me to the bulletin? Pretty please.
I know how this works with you guys - take one off, add another. By the end of the day, it's pretty much even Steven with the Logs. Congratulations and I'm glad it was still available for you. Which reminds me that I really need to book our summer trip soon, too before all the military rates are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosterguy View Post
Kook,
Can you add us to the list too? Booked a studio for 3/5-3/18. Will be our first Boardwalk DVC stay. Looking forward to it.
I'd be happy to add you and congratulations on booking your first stay in the Villas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
Where can you get the lobster roll?
The nearest Lobster Roll is at the BoardWalk Bakery. Here is a grand re-opening review with lots of photos. Scroll way down for the LR photo - yum!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #810
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
But, I know you'll want to eat at CA Grill. How about a nice, split stay?

Sounds like a great plan for next summer! We will be at CA Grill in 31 days! We have a nice 7:10 ADR. Looking forward to it!
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: