Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #91
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Based on my prior TR, there were 10 things that I wanted to cross off my MUST DO list while at WDW.

I will note items successfully completed as my TR progresses in post #3.

As a reminder here they are:
10 Must Dos at WDW

1. Ride the Liberty Belle at MK!
2. Take the ferry boat to MK from the TTC
3. Ride any Dinoland rides at AK
4. Hop on a truck and see some lions and tigers during the Safari
5. Lift a pinkie and have afternoon tea at the GF.
6. View WISHES from the Poly Beach
7. Indulge in an avocado margarita at Epcot
8. See the Yehaa Bob show at POR
9. Attend DHS park open and try to score some TSM fast passes!!
10. Leave room for some school bread from Norway to try for the first time.

and finally.... I had to update my voice mail message at the office. I warned my co-workers don't be alarmed if you hear the following message:

"Hello. You have reached Brenda. Sorry to have missed your call. If you run fast, you may be able to catch a glimpse of me in the parking lot, but I would suggest you don’t allow any valuable items or vital limbs to drift between my car & the exit. As I have blown this Popsicle Stand for the next three weeks, I wish you luck on reaching anybody to assist you; but if you press 2210, 4407, 5555 or any other random combination of four numbers, you may luck out & reach a live person who may or may not know how to assist you before having your call transferred back to this message. After the tone, please leave your name, your phone number, & your detailed plea for help, which I should be able to listen to within 4 to 6 weeks of my return, depending on 1) the size of the pile of crucial, yet uncompleted work to be done, 2) how many hundreds of emails I may need to sort through, or 3) the dubious supposition I will actually return to this loony bin after tasting freedom. Thank you for calling & have a lovely day.”
Thus concludes the preamble to my TR.... I really will start this thing next!

Proceed to Actual Trip Report Here

Last edited by emmysmommy; 10-29-2013 at 01:24 AM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #92
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

The bad news is....I'm late - sorry

The good news is...I don't appear to have missed much

I'm here now though and just in time it seems (don't worry, it's low fat popcorn as I'm still on my pre-WDW diet - hence why I've been avoiding the Restaurants Board lately )
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #93
MEK
DIS Veteran

You really left THAT message? And, better yet, you're still employed?

Just exactly how many phone messages did you have on your return. Too funny.

Love your must do's. I have had many of the same over the years, including the avocado rita. I should have warned you that it is really NOT the best. Great if you are starving, otherwise.....

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #94
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

I just got here and we are already on page 7??! Ack!

I too love your pink bag! You’re the DIS fashionista!

Why do most men not understand how important the 7 must-do are??

Can’t wait to read about all 14 days!

Christine

chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #95
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear how you liked WL. We are big BC fans, but decided to break out of our rut and stay at the WL last February. Although we missed the quick walk into Epcot from the BC, we loved the lodge.

I'm also curious to hear about your Magic Bands. It was a good thing that WL and BLT weren't part of the test, too. Eight MB's might have been a bit ridiculous.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #96
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Yes I do remember asking you how you packed!! I think last time I had 2 full checked bags and a full carryon.. This time.. I'm hoping for 2 checked bags and a carryon lol!! I don't know how to pack light!! One of my checked bags is smaller though so we will see what happens...

Can't wait to read more about your trip! Hoping you were able to accomplish your Must Do's!!

I haven't done any shopping yet for my trip... It all depends on if I manage to lose any weight! If I don't I will need some new clothes... If I do you will see a repeat of what I wore last year lol.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #97
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

I love the tote bag and the sundresses.

I'm thinking you completed at least 7 out of 10 on the must do list.

I had a good laugh over your voicemail.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #98
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I hit all the discount stores as well before my trips too haha. However I just spent 16 days in Spain with my husband for the Air Force and their shopping was super cheap so I found dresses for our upcoming trip for under 10 euro.

Last edited by vettegirl; 09-09-2013 at 06:31 PM.
vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #99
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Stopping by from my TR... I love the start of yours! It seems we have several things in common, most importantly - Spending time with our children, creating memories while they still enjoy traveling with us... I am so dreading the day my girls go off to college - I have no idea what I will do with myself!

Anyways - looking forward to reading your TR to see if we overlap at all while we are there.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #100
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
ha ha!! You are fast! I didn't even have a chance to send out the bat signal! Yay, you have the front row sear.

Welcome my Disneykid4life friend Rob!!
Ha, well that's what happens when you just sit there hitting refesh over and over waiting for the latest Brenda TR to appear. Besides, I've always been a proponent of "rope Drop", so you can get in first, so this was very similar. It's the DIS thing to do. And considering we're already on page 7 (hmmm a possible Frump dethroning in the works), I think getting in first is a prize-worthy achievement!! If I do nothing else in my life, I can still point back to this.

OK, now onto the update. Not for nothing, but I think I have less luggage when I move.

I have to add though that actually I quite enjoyed the Seven Self Indulgent Must Dos, so this is one male reader that was not lost!

Bahaha, I love that voice mail.

AHHHHH, I'm so excited for this to really get going especially since I've had some sneak peeks.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #101
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Based on my prior TR, there were 10 things that I wanted to cross off my MUST DO list while at WDW.

10 Must Dos at WDW

1. Ride the River Belle at MK!

and finally.... I had to update my voice mail message at the office. I warned my co-workers don't be alarmed if you hear the following message:

"Hello. You have reached Brenda. Sorry to have missed your call. If you run fast, you may be able to catch a glimpse of me in the parking lot, but I would suggest you don’t allow any valuable items or vital limbs to drift between my car & the exit. As I have blown this Popsicle Stand for the next three weeks, I wish you luck on reaching anybody to assist you; but if you press 2210, 4407, 5555 or any other random combination of four numbers, you may luck out & reach a live person who may or may not know how to assist you before having your call transferred back to this message. After the tone, please leave your name, your phone number, & your detailed plea for help, which I should be able to listen to within 4 to 6 weeks of my return, depending on 1) the size of the pile of crucial, yet uncompleted work to be done, 2) how many hundreds of emails I may need to sort through, or 3) the dubious supposition I will actually return to this loony bin after tasting freedom. Thank you for calling & have a lovely day.”

I am sitting at my desk, with people walking by, wondering if I have finally lost it after 38 years of being here. Little did they know that it is my wonderful DIS friend and her voice mail message about her absence. I cannot stop That is just brilliant, Brenda.

Now, can we get this thing going?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #102
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Wendy! Welcome and thank you for joining! Oh, you must be a BLT lover from your signature. At least it looks like your home resort. I LOVE the villas there.

I can't wait to share with you the Dream Suite story!

BLT is our home resort I love it there, although I think our favorite is AKL! We always end up staying there lol! Next month I am doing a girl's trip with my friend and doing a split stay between AKL and BLT! I love the Theme Park View! Nothing like waking up and looking out the window to see Cinderella Castle

HRH/GFV Sept 5-Sept 13, 2014/GCF/Vegas April 26-May 3, 2014/AKL SV(DVC)/BLT TPV(DVC) Oct 12-20, 2013 (Girl's Trip)/AOA/AKL SV(DVC) - May 12-20,2013 (1st Trip with little brother)/Townhouse condo off-site - Feb 13-20, 2013/AKL SV/BLT TPV (DVC) - Oct 3-9, 2012 / DLH Paris (DVC) - Sept 10-12, 2012 - London/Paris vacation/AKL(DVC) - April 21-29th, 2012(Girl's trip)/Split Stay - Poly TPV/AKL SV/CR MK View - Oct 11 - 19, 2011 /CBR Oct 31 - Nov 8, 2010 /The Venetian Las Vegas Sept 25 - 30, 2010 - First trip to Disneyland / CSR Nov 27 - Dec 8 2009 /POP June 15, 2008 - June 25, 2008 - Our Disney Honeymoon / Sheraton Vistana Sept 22, 2006-30, 2006 - First Trip/DH proposed during Wishes in Rose Garden
wendyt_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #103
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

I am here. Now need to go read!!
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #104
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Joinign! Can't wait to hear the details, especially some of the "special events" - love to read those and live vicariously through them

Enjoyed reading your voicemail message as well. Only fun one I ever did was where I made it sound like I had answered the phone but was unable to hear them kinda like "Hello. What? Are you there? Can't hear you ... oh, that's right, I am not there and this is just my voicemail. Feel free to leave a message." Was surprised how many people got fooled by that

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #105
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:

10 Must Dos at WDW

1. Ride the River Belle at MK!

I'm weak!!!! Love love love the phone message!

I think a must do lost is a great idea, I generally make a must do list but rarely keep track if I actually do the things. Maybe this year ill keep tabs on it!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: