Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #256
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
But I do think posting that you did so and got away with is encouraging others to do the same.
Ummm...isn't that the whole point of this thread? It's a calculated assumption of risk (not really, your bags will get to your room) and Disney is apparently turning a blind-eye to the rule-breaking ne'er-do-wells that flaunt their wanton disregard for policy and procedures in the pursuit of a luggage-free rental car experience.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #257
picktails
DIS Veteran

Well, the anecdotal evidence here seems to suggest otherwise. This thread is active for 5 years, with people sharing their experience. Hence the title of the thread...

1976-CR...1980-offsite...1986-offsite...1990-CBR...1995-Dolphin...1997- POR...1999-POR...2001-CSR...2003-CSR...2005-AKL...2007-BC...2009-BC...2010-CSR...2011-BWV...2013-BWV
picktails is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #258
asmit4
DIS Veteran

rest assured folks- DW is a BUSINESS. They KNOW all the tricks of the trade. If they wanted to stop this from happening they would. Look at the whole drink/cup issue- DW wanted it stopped, so they set up a system to stop it.

If Disney truly cared that much about this 'policy' they would find a way to stop it. They clearly don't care that much.
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #259
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Please don't. Part of the rules of the Dis is not posting ways to get around Disney policy.
This is a sticky thread, allowed by the moderators (moderators are the one that MAKE it a sticky). The powers-that-be at the Dis have decided that this is OK to talk about.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #260
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Guys....we all know that Disney 'says' you can't book luggage transfer only. No one does that...they book DME, period. There is NO way to book luggage transfer only. Disney is well aware that people are booking DME and not riding the bus, but allowing DME to get their checked bags for resort delivery.
Here's the thing.....Disney has covered their collective behinds by telling us that you can't book luggage transfer only...and they will seldom accept responsibility if a bag goes missing and the guest did not ride the bus! Does it happen often? No. But it has happened. Is is anything I worry about? Nope.
In the big picture? I would rather people did this vs taking all their checked bags to the DME bus with them...that slows down the process for everyone!!!! The only person bothered if a bag goes missing and the guest didn't ride the bus is that person who made the choice not to ride the bus!! It impacts no one else.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #261
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Any new issues since the Magic Bands are being used for getting on the DME? Planning to send the luggage and rent a car in 2 weeks.
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #262
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

We have used ME quite a few times over the past few years...the way it's supposed to be used....checked bags AND riding ME to/from a Disney resort. We had one very bad experience a few years ago. We arrived at MCO from PHL late afternoon...maybe 4:30 p.m....we did have carryons with clothes for that evening since we had dinner reservations and didn't want to chance the checked bags wouldn't make it.....which they didn't by the time we were leaving for dinner. We got back to our room a little after 11:00 p.m....we were at BWV...and my DH's bag was there, but, mine was not. I called Bell Services and it seemed like they were waiting for me to call....Oh yes, Mrs. B....we'll be right up with your bag!! I said to DH......Oh boy, this isn't good....something is wrong with my bag. Little did I know!! Someone had packed GLASS baby formula bottles in their checked bag, which ended up on top of mine on the ME luggage truck and those bottles broke!! OMG!! What a mess! My bag was completely ruined (which Disney did make good for.....they sent someone shopping the next day to buy a new, comparable bag). Fortunately, I learned long ago to roll all my clothes in plastic travel bags and nothing in the bag was ruined since everything was packed in liquidproof plastic bags. The smell was disgusting.....Bell Services waited while I checked everything inside the bag and then I just put my bag on the balcony for the night since it smelled so bad. Bell Services told me to contact the Front Desk Manager and when I contacted her the next morning she was aware of what had happened so I'm guessing my bag wasn't the only one affected. So, IF anyone is even considering not using ME the proper way....think about how much it COULD cost you if Disney wouldn't pay damages for your bag or belongings if something were to happen to your stuff....all because you were just using a "baggage service" and not the transportation service as it is meant to be used.
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #263
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

I appreciate your warning. Since I am not that attached to my stuff (a few hundred dollars worth at most) , i am willing to risk it.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #264
picktails
DIS Veteran

Yep, same here - mostly shorts, t-shirts and jeans.

1976-CR...1980-offsite...1986-offsite...1990-CBR...1995-Dolphin...1997- POR...1999-POR...2001-CSR...2003-CSR...2005-AKL...2007-BC...2009-BC...2010-CSR...2011-BWV...2013-BWV
picktails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #265
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Booked DME for three. 4 bags checked under DH and DS's flight which was not the same as mine. Only I took the bus and I had no bags checked under my name/flight. DH wanted the car right then so he could get in a grocery stop for distilled water. And then he didn't do a grocery stop. But I digress.

I checked in, put carryons in the room, went to the expo for the 10miler. They arrived and went to disney quest without even stopping at the resort. We met up later at DTD. Got to the room after 11pm. All bags were happily here.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #266
leebee
DIS Veteran

When using DME on arrival, what happens if your flight is changed and you are delayed? We are planning on flying to MCO on an early evening flight in December (PWM-BWI-MCO) that gets into MCO close to midnight. I know we will need to handle our own luggage at that hour, but what happens if we don't get to MCO that night? Flight delays/changes are not uncommon in the northeast in the winter, and I am curious about being able to take DME the following morning if we have a Friday evening reservation but don't GET to Orlando on Friday evening!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #267
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
When using DME on arrival, what happens if your flight is changed and you are delayed? We are planning on flying to MCO on an early evening flight in December (PWM-BWI-MCO) that gets into MCO close to midnight. I know we will need to handle our own luggage at that hour, but what happens if we don't get to MCO that night? Flight delays/changes are not uncommon in the northeast in the winter, and I am curious about being able to take DME the following morning if we have a Friday evening reservation but don't GET to Orlando on Friday evening!
There will be a DME bus for you no matter what time you get in. Don't worry.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #268
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Arrived 10/22. Did magical express luggage only. Put the tags on my bags, checked at S
Old 10-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #269
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Sorry.
Checked at SWA. Arriv
Old 10-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #270
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Gosh. Bags got to Contemporary and I got there in my rental car. No issues.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: