Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #76
Gin0818
Earning My Ears

Hi Brenda.... I'm in, I can't wait to read about your trip!
Gin0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #77
MEK
DIS Veteran

Page 5? Better late than never.

As a novice empty nester (as of two weeks ago) I say enjoy your time together while you can. I get that.

Can't wait to read about your exciting adventure. So envious of your long stays. I will be there for 12 nights in October and I thought that was long. I can't imagine two weeks of Disney bliss.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #78
Bab0918
Earning My Ears

Hello Emmysmommy I've been following your trip reports and looking forward to reading about your new trip!! This would be my first message on the boards. I'm not new to reading TR's just first time commenting. I'm looking forward to reading your latest TR and just wanted to say thanks.
Bab0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #79
freesone
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda!!

Kathleen and I are in!!

Neal

Podcast Cruise 3.0, Podcast Cruise 5.0
WL-2010,2011,2012,2013
POFQ-2002,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009, AKL 2003, Disney Wonder 2006
POLY-NOV 2007
Beach Club-2000,Yacht Club2001,
freesone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #80
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

So glad to hear your son is leaving Afghanistan.

Please thank him for his service to our country.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #81
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda, I'm Jessica from GA. I've been reading your dining reports since 2011. Followed the link from your dining report...had to hear about the Castle and the safari!
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #82
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read our TR & your dining experiences on the other thread too! Wow, being in Cinderella's chambers is a dream!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #83
tallen429
DIS Veteran

I'm two for two on your new trip/dining reports tonight Brenda!
Post lots of updates this week...DH is out of town again all week and I will have plenty of extra DisTime!

I'm a little over two months out from DD7's first Mommy and Me trip! It's a surprise!
She has been waiting for her turn to start them for a couple years now, and oh boy do I have some tricks up my sleeve for her!!!

(still trying to figure out exactly what happened to your ankle?!?)

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #84
kdkdmac
Earning My Ears

I'm in!

I thoroughly enjoyed your last TR (amazing Yacht Club Suite!) I can't wait to hear about your latest trip (thanks for the heads up on FB ... I lurk there and on Disboards).

I'm also a member of the pink bag fan club!

What an unbelievable stay! I can't imagine being there that long! Fabulous!

My daughter just told someone that her favorite trip to WDW was her girls trip when she was 19 years old. Gotta love those girls trips ... what wonderful memories you and Em will have! She's a lucky gal to get to have so many of them ... and always done to the nines!
kdkdmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #85
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read along. I kind of feel like a "food snob" in Disney... with so many wonderful dining options, I try not to stick with nearby quick service options, because basically all the resorts have the same qs food options... right?

However, we try not to do reservations, because the DH and I are not real big into planning ahead and more into flying by the seat of our pants.

Can't wait to see where you go... and eat.

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #86
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

Hi Amy! I'm glad that my eating and gaining 8.5 lbs was entertainment for some people!! Are you participating in the live dining thread for your upcoming trip? I would be glad to repay you!!

That's awesome about you and your mom's bond. I know that years from now I will be confident that even though trips themselves do not build a bond between a mother and children that at least they were the memories for which some of our bond is built.

Hahaha! I'm hoping to keep my weight gain under that! But YES, I'm taking a stab at live reporting!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #87
syntigger
Mouseketeer

i am in cannot wait

syntigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #88
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

Sounds like an exciting trip on the horizon. Can't wait to read more.

tinawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #89
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejellyshelly View Post
I just finished reading your last trip report last night! Can't wait to read more
Hi there! I welcome you to this new TR now! Thanks for following the old and joining me with the new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin0818 View Post
Hi Brenda.... I'm in, I can't wait to read about your trip!
Hi Gin! I'm glad you are here! It may be fun to compare notes for the YC portion of the stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Page 5? Better late than never.

As a novice empty nester (as of two weeks ago) I say enjoy your time together while you can. I get that.

Can't wait to read about your exciting adventure. So envious of your long stays. I will be there for 12 nights in October and I thought that was long. I can't imagine two weeks of Disney bliss.
Hi Mary Ellen! You are not late, I'm just getting started and I'm delighted to have you join! Thanks for dropping by.

I should look at the empty nest thing this way, I may have more solo trips to WDW!

12 nights at WDW no matter where is still a nice long trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bab0918 View Post
Hello Emmysmommy I've been following your trip reports and looking forward to reading about your new trip!! This would be my first message on the boards. I'm not new to reading TR's just first time commenting. I'm looking forward to reading your latest TR and just wanted to say thanks.
Hi Bab! I'm glad to hear that you have followed along.... thank you for joining this TR! And I am completely honored to have you comment here as POST #1. Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesone View Post
Hi Brenda!!

Kathleen and I are in!!

Neal
Neal: Thank you for joining. I wish you and your wife an awesome trip this next week!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
So glad to hear your son is leaving Afghanistan.

Please thank him for his service to our country.
Thank you SO MUCH! I was sooo excited to hear that news. Not a complete surprise but the timing did catch me off guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Hi Brenda, I'm Jessica from GA. I've been reading your dining reports since 2011. Followed the link from your dining report...had to hear about the Castle and the safari!
Hi Jessica! The over-achiever in me plans to simultaneously tackle the TR and DR. We'll see how that goes but I THANK YOU for joining both! And thank you for following my DR from when I was thinner!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousfive View Post
Can't wait to read our TR & your dining experiences on the other thread too! Wow, being in Cinderella's chambers is a dream!
Hi there! Thanks to you for joining. I can't wait to share. I'm sure words will never convey the magic that is in that place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen429 View Post
I'm two for two on your new trip/dining reports tonight Brenda!
Post lots of updates this week...DH is out of town again all week and I will have plenty of extra DisTime!

I'm a little over two months out from DD7's first Mommy and Me trip! It's a surprise!
She has been waiting for her turn to start them for a couple years now, and oh boy do I have some tricks up my sleeve for her!!!

(still trying to figure out exactly what happened to your ankle?!?)
Look at you Trisha! Thanks for joining - both!! I will be the little engine that could for you.... stay tuned because I'm ready for an update shortly.

How awesome for your DD to have a surprise trip with you. I wanna know what you end up doing. Even if you don't do a full TR you'll have to keep me informed!

Thanks again for joining! And I still giggle at the damage that two red heads on the loose with cocktails could do at the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdkdmac View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed your last TR (amazing Yacht Club Suite!) I can't wait to hear about your latest trip (thanks for the heads up on FB ... I lurk there and on Disboards).

I'm also a member of the pink bag fan club!

What an unbelievable stay! I can't imagine being there that long! Fabulous!

My daughter just told someone that her favorite trip to WDW was her girls trip when she was 19 years old. Gotta love those girls trips ... what wonderful memories you and Em will have! She's a lucky gal to get to have so many of them ... and always done to the nines!
Hi there and thank you for joining. I'm glad you read the latest TR.

I should be like Oprah and announce PINK BAGS for everyone!! But alas, I don't have her bank account otherwise I would certainly do that!

Awwww... your DD has great girl trip memories. How sweet. A TEEN saying that. Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
I can't wait to read along. I kind of feel like a "food snob" in Disney... with so many wonderful dining options, I try not to stick with nearby quick service options, because basically all the resorts have the same qs food options... right?

However, we try not to do reservations, because the DH and I are not real big into planning ahead and more into flying by the seat of our pants.

Can't wait to see where you go... and eat.
Hi there and thanks for joining in.

I think my first full day at the parks DR section will interest you then... I see something developing there that fits what you said! I'm sure that fly by the seat of your pants touring style works better during the slower seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
Hahaha! I'm hoping to keep my weight gain under that! But YES, I'm taking a stab at live reporting!
Ha ha!! You my dear have more self control than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntigger View Post
i am in cannot wait
I'm so glad you are here and joining!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
Sounds like an exciting trip on the horizon. Can't wait to read more.
Hi Tina! I'm glad you are here to follow along. Thank you for joining.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #90
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Before we actually step foot in WDW there is some business to attend to…Not important business mind you so we'll call this:

Seven Self Indulgent Must Dos:

1. Shopping: As noted in prior TRs, I have a thing for cheap vacation clothing. Cheap meaning Ross, Marshalls, Forever21, et al. A few examples as Exibit A:

Oh and some may recall this little frock that I purchased in February when we were at Yacht Club. An item actually on SALE at the Fittings & Fairings gift shop:

For the ladies that have inquired as to my pink handbag in my 1st post: Here’s a link to where you too can advance the trendy fashion statement that I have apparently started!

2. Packing: We packed lightly for this trip since we had lightweight summer clothing so we easily fit everything into our FOUR BAGS! Seriously. We wayyy overpack, I know. In my defense, we were planning on a 2 week trip and we are GIRLS. I can guarantee that no one is going to be coming to me for packing advice. (Paula remember when you made that mistake?)

3. Luggage Tags and Disney’s Magical Express vouchers: What’s with the 1 tag per person allowance? I call them and sweet talk them into sending me additional tags post haste!

4. Haircuts – Yep, we do that too.

Before

After

5. Camera stuff: My bridge camera recently threw itself a retirement party since it quit working! Soooo… I can’t go to WDW without a camera otherwise this would be a very short and boring TR. I purchased a Sony NEX5R but hated it so I returned it and got a Nikon Coolpix P7700. It has all the point and shoot capabilities that I value in a camera for an untrained photographer!!! Ha ha! Please accept my apologies in advance since I was getting used to some of the settings on my new camera so some photos that I will share are not the best and I refuse to take the time to edit them!

6. Photopass+: Why not? For some reason the price dropped by $20 to $149 this trip.

7. Magic Bands w/ FP+ reservations: We participated in the Magic Band and FP+ test this trip. Both AKL and YC were participating so we pre-ordered our MBs and chose our colors. I went with an orange and a pink (one for each resort) while Em had green and pink. I’ll talk more about these at the appropriate section but the bands are a great concept that I expect will include photopass and other tap to transact/pay functionality in the future.

I already lost any male readers with this update so moving on to the next post....

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 09-10-2013 at 12:25 AM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: