Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #781
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

After much debate, I decided to cheat on the BWV and we booked a studio over at the BCV for April 2014. This would be another DVC resort to cross off the list, and it will be nice to compare the two. I won't be too homesick as we can look right across the water.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #782
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
After much debate, I decided to cheat on the BWV and we booked a studio over at the BCV for April 2014. This would be another DVC resort to cross off the list, and it will be nice to compare the two. I won't be too homesick as we can look right across the water.
That's harsh. Cheating right in front of BW! 😊

I'll be interested in having you compare the two.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #783
LoveKermit
DIS Veteran

I am sure this has been asked but I can't follow all the information. Are BWI and BWV people using magic bands yet? I know AKV and BLT had tests this summer and it seems people staying there now/soon are still being able to register for them. I don't think BWI/V was part of a test in the summer so I don't know if guests have been able to register or not.

I can't keep up! It's too much to follow. Don't know if I should be stressed about it or not....

Thanks!
DL-1999 offsite with DH**ASMu-2000 first onsite trip with DH**Offsite-2001 Halloween Horror Nights**Antigua-2002 Honeymoon**Offsite-2003 First Anniv. (Magical Music Days)**WL-2004**Dolphin-2004 (AP Nat'l Conference)**Shades of Green-Family Xmas 2005, Thanks for your service BIL**No Trip-2006, DD born in Dec!!!!!!!!**Poly-2007 **Dolphin MNSSHP/F & W-2008**BWV-2010**SSR-2010**BLT-2011**GCH-2013**BWV-2013
Old 09-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #784
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKermit View Post
I am sure this has been asked but I can't follow all the information. Are BWI and BWV people using magic bands yet? I know AKV and BLT had tests this summer and it seems people staying there now/soon are still being able to register for them. I don't think BWI/V was part of a test in the summer so I don't know if guests have been able to register or not.

I can't keep up! It's too much to follow. Don't know if I should be stressed about it or not....

Thanks!
No, I was told that they will begin to use the magic bands sometime in October. I was also informed that if you really don't want to wear one, and insist that you want the "old style" kttw card, they will cut you one.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #785
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post

Thanks, I'll have to wear a disguise or something. This will make all the DVC resorts at WDW (except for the new VGF) and we have been to HHIR & VBR. Each resort has some similarities, but they also have their differences. It will be interesting to see how BCV & BWV compare.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #786
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Thanks, I'll have to wear a disguise or something. This will make all the DVC resorts at WDW (except for the new VGF) and we have been to HHIR & VBR. Each resort has some similarities, but they also have their differences. It will be interesting to see how BCV & BWV compare.
In the villa, you won't see much of a difference, except for colors in the room. Other than the studio connects near the entrance to the villa at BCV and it connects inside the studio at BWV. And BCV will be quieter and you can park closer.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #787
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
In the villa, you won't see much of a difference, except for colors in the room. Other than the studio connects near the entrance to the villa at BCV and it connects inside the studio at BWV. And BCV will be quieter and you can park closer.
Thanks for the preview. I try to forget about the parking at BWV.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #788
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
But, but, BWV will be staring right at you from across Crescent Lake. You might have to pull the drapes when you're in the room or put up aluminum foil or book a villa facing the parking lot on the other side of the resort.

It's good to mix it up and try new WDW Resorts. Nothing wrong with that - splits are good, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post

Old 09-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #789
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

BWV March 9-14, 2014

I just booked 5 nights at BVW, March 9-14, 2014. Staying in a studio with a garden/pool view, with a waitlist for standard view.

This will be my first trip to WDW that isn't in the summer, and I'm really looking forward to experiencing the parks in a different season. Also looking forward to Flower and Garden, if it's up and running by then.

As I type this, my countdown widget tells me that I have 182 days to go. Just in time to make ADRs!

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
Old 09-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #790
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
But, but, BWV will be staring right at you from across Crescent Lake. You might have to pull the drapes when you're in the room or put up aluminum foil or book a villa facing the parking lot on the other side of the resort....
Not to worry. Can't see BWV from BCV. It's behind the BC. You won't even know it is across the lake because you'll be taking the short cut to Epcot and in Epcot in five minutes or less.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #791
picktails
DIS Veteran

Really, really hoping for magic bands when we check in to BWV Nov. 2!
Have ressie and tickets synced on MDE, all ready to go, and following all the threads for news and updates.

1976-CR...1980-offsite...1986-offsite...1990-CBR...1995-Dolphin...1997- POR...1999-POR...2001-CSR...2003-CSR...2005-AKL...2007-BC...2009-BC...2010-CSR...2011-BWV...2013-BWV
Old 09-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #792
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

MY WL/VWL PICTORIAL OVERVIEW/TR IS POSTED HERE.

Hope to see everyone over there - there are plenty of good rockers still available!

Time to get caught up here now...
Old 09-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #793
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Are there any rumored refurbs at BWI within the next year or so? TIA

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #794
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
MY WL/VWL PICTORIAL OVERVIEW/TR IS POSTED HERE.

Hope to see everyone over there - there are plenty of good rockers still available!

Time to get caught up here now...
Thank you for sharing!! Now I feel a bit down that I'm heading back to BWV soon, we went back and forth trying to decide on BWV vs VWL. Its been a while since we stayed at WL/VWL - I'm thinking we're due for a much needed stay!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #795
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
I just booked 5 nights at BVW, March 9-14, 2014. Staying in a studio with a garden/pool view, with a waitlist for standard view.

This will be my first trip to WDW that isn't in the summer, and I'm really looking forward to experiencing the parks in a different season. Also looking forward to Flower and Garden, if it's up and running by then.

As I type this, my countdown widget tells me that I have 182 days to go. Just in time to make ADRs!

-- Dave
Congratulations, Dave. I'll put your dates in the BW Bulletin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Not to worry. Can't see BWV from BCV. It's behind the BC. You won't even know it is across the lake because you'll be taking the short cut to Epcot and in Epcot in five minutes or less.
He's in luck then

Quote:
Originally Posted by picktails View Post
Really, really hoping for magic bands when we check in to BWV Nov. 2!
Have ressie and tickets synced on MDE, all ready to go, and following all the threads for news and updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Are there any rumored refurbs at BWI within the next year or so? TIA
Not that I'm aware of...umm, why? What are you up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
Thank you for sharing!! Now I feel a bit down that I'm heading back to BWV soon, we went back and forth trying to decide on BWV vs VWL. Its been a while since we stayed at WL/VWL - I'm thinking we're due for a much needed stay!
VWL will be there for another stay, and it looks like they might be getting a rehab in 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: