Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #16
Roccosmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what the OP wants to do. Why try to stir up trouble where the isn't any?
Not stirring anything- honest. And don't get me wrong- I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to watch the fireworks for free.
But I do think there is something wrong with people advising the OP to use Disney transportation if they are not staying onsite.
Per the Disney World website:
"Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort—including transportation to and from Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks—is available to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels."
Roccosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccosmom View Post
Not stirring anything- honest. And don't get me wrong- I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to watch the fireworks for free.
But I do think there is something wrong with people advising the OP to use Disney transportation if they are not staying onsite.
"Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort—including transportation to and from Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks—is available to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels."
You will find a lot of errors on the Disney website. It's one of the least reliable resources (second only to phone CMs.) Disney transportation is open to everyone.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #18
tjohnson99
Earning My Ears

Well, if it makes you feel any better. We did not use any Disney transportation at all. (Ok, we may have used some disney transportation because we did ride the monorail loop one time just for fun. But it was not crowded and it gave us a chance to feel like we "experienced the magic.") We called the dinner reservation number, got a reservation for dinner at the Polly and then drove our car to the resort where we parked. We had dinner and then watch the fireworks.
Don't get me wrong, my wife and I are huge Disney fans and go often, but this trip we didn't have the time or the money to visit Disney while in Orlando.
My intent in starting this post was not to learn how to cheat the system or anything. My wife and I just wanted to enjoy a cool date night at Disney. Sorry for stirring something up and possibly upsetting some people.
tjohnson99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #19
traylorc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just so you know, I did not interpret your original question as "stirring up trouble". I had the exact same concerns/questions when reading through this thread. You asked your question in a tactful manner that did not attack the OP or other forum members. Last time I looked...this was public forum and everyone is entitled to express their opinion.
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:22 AM   #20
smidgy
dimples

the WDW transportation system is available to any guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort... this includes all 48? acres (was 55?)

you do NOT need to be staying at a WDW owned resort to use the transportation. (ask all the guests staying at swolphin or bonnet creek!)

even those guests staying offsite may use the WDW transportation to get from one park to another, or to a resort. disney encourages "day guests" to visit their resorts, dine there, shop there. perhaps get an "itch" to stay there in the future! (you just can't use the pools)

the OP actually had dinner at Kona cafe, so they were well within their rights to use the transportation and view the fireworks from the beach. (although the dinner wasn't necessary)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #21
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
and that is true, it is available to them. does NOT say it is NOT available to others. nor does it say "exclusive".

and before anyone thinks I am looking for anything, we always stay onsite. I remember coming with the kids in the 90's and we had to show a esort ID to get on the bus.. they stopped doing that LONG ago! they realized, the more day guests (even those without a park ticket ) visit the resorts, the more money they make on dining, shoping, and future onsite resort guests.

anyone wanting to use WDW transportaion and view wishes from whereever, feel free! (ok there may be blackout dates .. 4th of july NYE, etc)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #22
BexD
Earning My Ears

Can you see the fireworks from the beach or pool area near the Garden Wing at the Contemporary?
BexD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #23
mbake2
Earning My Ears

poly beach closed?

I thought I read somewhere that the beach at Poly might be closed for non guests. We will be there Oct 17th -23 . Will we be able to go there
? We are having dinner at Kona on the 18th and were planning on watching the fireworks from there.
mbake2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbake2 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the beach at Poly might be closed for non guests. We will be there Oct 17th -23 . Will we be able to go there
? We are having dinner at Kona on the 18th and were planning on watching the fireworks from there.
There is a possibility of that happening on Christmas, NYE, and July 4th. You won't have any problems in October, though.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #25
mbake2
Earning My Ears

Oh good, thanks. We thought that would be a good place since 1 of my kiddies does not love the loudness of the fireworks.
mbake2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia
Parking at DTD is a nightmare.

You can probably park at the Poly. If not just pay to park at the TTC.
We watched Wishes from the boat dock at TTC, after leaving the park for the day, and it was awesome! They even had the music from the show piped in! As soon as it was over, we got in our car, drove back to our resort...no fighting crowds, it was great!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: