Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #16
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcildw2m View Post
So far so good keep it comin .
Thanks for reading along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Sounds like a wonderful first day!

That landing would scare me, though. At least the pilot warned you, but still...everyone screaming and a bounce would freak me out.

Very cool that you had a good bus driver. That can really a bus ride more magical.

I have not heard about the PIN for KTTW cards. Did you need to use it for something with them?

And clearly I'm not keeping up with my Disney news, since I have no clue what the new turnstiles are like. Good thing they have people to walk you through what to do and cheer you on, I guess.

That sounds like just a lovely evening in Epcot!
Hi!

I'm not the best at flying, but usually it's the mid-flight turbulence that scares me - I was ok during the landing, maybe because I knew Florida was below us, not the Atlantic

I agree about the bus drivers, our one was great this time

For the KTTW cards, if you make any purchases in the parks/resorts - then you use the contactless payment pad (shaped like Mickey!) and enter your pin code that you picked when checking-in. I guess it makes it safer in case you lost your card and someone else tried to use it.... we use pin codes on our credit cards in the UK so we were used to it!

And the new turnstiles.. are not really turnstiles! Just posts in the ground with a Mickey shape on the top, you hold your card up (and in the near future, Magic Bands) and then place your finger on the scanner.. then the Mickey turns green, and you're allowed in to the park!
We used it the next day at DHS and it made entering the park so much faster

(Picture from WDW Magic: )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Your smoked salmon bagel looks delicious! My all time favorite breakfast is definitely smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers on a bagel. Delicious!

Hope the flight crew enjoyed your gifts. What type of perfume do you buy?

That is so cute that the Mears driver sang to you guys!

Love Tutto Gusto. In fact, you were the one that told me about this place so thank you

I'm going to have to remember to check out the Norway pavilion this time around, and look for that Laila lotion. The lotion I have right now (which is from the UK pavilion), DH HATES IT WITH A PASSION. I absolutely love it and love to enhale it, and it take me right back to the UK. But he says I smell like an old lady He doesn't want me buying anymore after it's gone, so now I'll have to look for a new one.
Hi Lesha!

That is one of my favourite breakfasts too

The chocolates for the cabin crew went down well! The air hostess I gave them to was so surprised, I like doing random 'good deeds' each day if I can, and I really appreciate the job that cabin crew do! Sometimes we've been given glasses of champagne/little extras after giving crew a box of chocolates, this time we didn't - but it didn't matter, her reaction was so cute!

The perfume was for me, I got Vera Wang's new fragrance called 'Pink Princess' - it's in a heart-shaped sparkly bottle, perfect for me!

We love Tutto Gusto too - I realised we'd been there four times in the last year.. which is probably more than any bar or pub at home!

The Laila lotion is so nice, it's a fresh/cotton smell - the whole shop smells of it, so I'm always reminded of Epcot when I use it hehe I used to have a pink grapefruit lotion that my DH hated, I couldn't really smell it but he couldn't stand it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej119 View Post
Subbing!

Excited to hear about your romantic experience on the Fantasy since my husband and I will be going on our (belated) honeymoon on it next year.
Hi! Thanks for reading, the Fantasy is amazing - great choice for your honeymoon next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
Geez even reading about someone just arriving at Orlando airport, getting on the Magical Express and arriving at Disney World gets me excited every time. Great start. I always need to take pictures of the fireworks as well. I can't even say how many pictures I have of their fireworks.
Hi! Thank you for your comments : every time we watch a fireworks show I say I won't take any photos, they rarely come out well and I end up watching the show through a lense.. but I still do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Thanks for reading along so far!
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 2... early morning

Friday 21st June 2013

Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Boardwalk.. and will we get to try The Grey Stuff?!

We woke up really early, as usual, due to the jet lag – but this time I didn’t mind because I had something planned before we headed to DHS for the day… I wanted to practice running at Disney World!

As a bit of background… I’ve registered for the WDW Half Marathon in January 2014. I exercise a lot at the gym but had never really enjoyed running outside, it’s so much harder than on the treadmill! However the half marathon was something I’ve always wanted to do as a Disney fan; and next year it works out ok for us to take a vacation in January.. so I’m doing it! I registered in April and have been running outside every weekend since then, and I’m actually really enjoying the training – last Saturday I ran 12.5 miles in just under 2 hours, my longest run ever! Something I’m enjoying the most is the learning about running, fitness and nutrition – especially the Disney-specific websites and podcasts such as Team Run Disney and the Mickey Miles Podcast. There’s a great community of Disney runners!

So – back to the Boardwalk – we both got up, DH said he’d try running too, dressed in our gym gear and were outside by 6.30am! The Boardwalk area was beautiful that time of day and it was great to see other runners and walkers out too – everyone would smile and say ‘good morning’! We ran two laps of Crescent Lake together (it’s about 0.8 miles all the way around), then we headed back to the canal/pool side of the Boardwalk – DH went back to the room but I wanted to carry on, so I ran to Hollywood Studios and back!

Stopping to take a photo (I need to practice doing this during the race in January!)

I ran back to the Boardwalk, and did another lap of the lake. I had wanted to run to International Gateway too, but found that the gates were closed just beyond the Beach Club.

I loved how flat it was at WDW compared to running at home, I kept a good pace despite much higher humidity than I was used to – my total run was just under 5 miles. (My iPod was still on UK time!)

I am so excited for the race in January now!

I decided to stop at the Boardwalk Bakery to get a banana and something to drink before heading back to the room. It was lovely to see the newly refurbished bakery, but I suddenly became aware of how sweaty I must have looked, wearing no makeup, and still dressed in gymwear! The CM who served me didn’t say anything though I tried a Smart water – we don’t have this in the UK and I really liked it.

Back at the room we got ready, it was only 8am but we were ready to head to DHS for opening at 9!

…………..
Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ooh such a fancy, pretty bottle! Bet is smells delicious!

That's awesome that you'll be doing the half marathon in January! Hope your hubby will be cheering you on, on the sidelines. Do you actually have a time that you want to hit? Or are you just going to go with it, make stops with characters for pics, etc?

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #20
Dream426
Love Disney!!

I could never imagine running 12.8 miles. I would love to walk it though. I enjoyed your early morning pictures. Even with the humidity I love waking up early in Disney World and going outside while the sun is coming up and it is quiet. It is just so relaxing.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #21
Kuiska2009
Earning My Ears

Awesome review so far. Congrats on entering the half-marathon. I did the Princess half and it is a blast! The on-course entertainment really makes the time fly by, I couldn't believe how quick it all seemed to go!

I'm looking forward to reading your take on Boston. I was born and raised in Massachusetts and Boston was always one of my favorite places to visit. However, if you're ever on the East Coast in the Fall (Late Sept-Oct), then Western MA is the place to be. The Berkshire mountains are gorgeous in the fall because of all the foliage changing colors. There's also a ton of cute little villages and towns that are fun to visit, like Northampton.
Kuiska2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Ooh such a fancy, pretty bottle! Bet is smells delicious!

That's awesome that you'll be doing the half marathon in January! Hope your hubby will be cheering you on, on the sidelines. Do you actually have a time that you want to hit? Or are you just going to go with it, make stops with characters for pics, etc?
It's a really nice perfume, quite sweet smelling - but now whenever I wear it I'm reminded of this vacation.

Thank you! Yes DH will definitely be there (and my parents too.. they extended their trip to WDW in January especially ) - before I registered for the race, I checked he was ok with me planning a vacation around me running, it felt a bit selfish! He was completely fine with it and has been so supportive, I actually think he could have run it with me but it's fully booked now.. maybe we'll run another one in the future together? Instead he's looking forward to having a coffee/breakfast on Main Street and cheering me on!

I'm not sure about time... from my training so far, I think I could do it in 2 - 2.5 hours.. that would be without stopping, and while I want to enjoy it - it would be great to get a good time on my first ever distance race. I might stop for a few pictures with characters if the lines aren't too long - but from what I've read/seen on Youtube.. runners wait 10/15 minutes in line for photos with characters during the race! Plus I don't look my best when I'm running, maybe it would be best not to have photos taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
I could never imagine running 12.8 miles. I would love to walk it though. I enjoyed your early morning pictures. Even with the humidity I love waking up early in Disney World and going outside while the sun is coming up and it is quiet. It is just so relaxing.
Hi! Thank you - it was a lovely time to be out enjoying the Boardwalk the first time I ran outside I did about 3 miles, and couldn't imagine running another 10.1 for a half marathon... but now the miles fly by! When I'm training, I like to think 'at this point in the race, I'll be in Magic Kingdom... or near the Polynesian' ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuiska2009 View Post
Awesome review so far. Congrats on entering the half-marathon. I did the Princess half and it is a blast! The on-course entertainment really makes the time fly by, I couldn't believe how quick it all seemed to go!

I'm looking forward to reading your take on Boston. I was born and raised in Massachusetts and Boston was always one of my favorite places to visit. However, if you're ever on the East Coast in the Fall (Late Sept-Oct), then Western MA is the place to be. The Berkshire mountains are gorgeous in the fall because of all the foliage changing colors. There's also a ton of cute little villages and towns that are fun to visit, like Northampton.
Thank you for reading so far! Congratulations on running the Princess Half - I'm so excited for January, it's something that I've wanted to do for years.. and now is only a few months away!
That part of MA sounds beautiful... I'll get to it later, but we loved Boston

Emma x
Old 08-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #23
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great start, Emma! I LOVE that Vera Wang perfume-- all of her "special" perfumes have been wonderful. I loved Preppy Princess and Flower Princess from a few years back.
I'm glad you guys didn't let the rain slow you down-- Epcot is perfect no matter the weather! Your run sounds really nice! I love wandering the Boardwalk area.
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

such a great start! those pictures you took during you morning run were AMAZING!! xxoo
dreamerchic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Love the start of your TR! We get to try the Magic Band in October and I'm super excited!
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #26
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Impressive early morning run! I'm not a morning person or a runner, but it did look like a nice way to start your day. Love Disney when it's peaceful and quiet!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #27
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Great start and Happy Anniversary!

Jill in CO
Old 09-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #28
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I remember reading along on your honeymoon trip. So glad I found this one too.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #29
Sweet Pea UK
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma

Have you seen the new Disney Cake Decorating magazine - first issue only 99p with a lovely Mickey cookie cutter - looks like its going to have lots of useful equipment in future issues.

Sara xx
Sweet Pea UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

Love the report

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: