DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
Jetsfan523
Earning My Ears

To be honest I have very limited knowledge on everything you just mentioned Any information you could give me would be great!!!
Jetsfan523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
jerseyduke
Mouseketeer

You got some double talk about the double points, but it is not anything to worry about, and do not let that affect your happiness or lack there of about your purchase.

2013 points are all prorated since the resort does not open until 10/23 ( next year they will be the full amount)

Ideally you want to travel early in your use year. April will be the most common UY for GF, or at least one of them, so in that sense it is good. When contracts are on the resale market, April UY contracts will be easy to get.

You can "bank" points (move them to the next year) but that must be done by a certain time. If you cancel a trip past your banking deadline, you have to use the points before they expire (in your case March 31st)

Prior to 2008 (few at the poly, few off property)
2008 - AllStars
2010 - Poly
2012 - Poly/PO-RS
2013 - VGF&WL
2014 - AKL & OKW
jerseyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #18
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan523 View Post
To be honest I have very limited knowledge on everything you just mentioned Any information you could give me would be great!!!
As I said there is more to owning than just going on Disney vacations. DVD may be a great fit for you and your family, or it may not.

The topics that I listed have been discussed here on the DIS for years so I suggest that you start reading. Some people don't have an interest in knowing about the product and they take what they can get when it comes to reservations, others want the best chance at getting what they want.

You don't have enough posts to receive a PM yet or I would contact you privately.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #19
Jetsfan523
Earning My Ears

That's good to know thanks! Any one know if we should expect a price per point increase soon?
Old 08-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #20
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

So you got "that" guide that made up a "promotion" since there are none.

The good thing is that there are no promotions for VGF so you didn't miss out.

When a new resort opens the dues are paid based on the latest of:
1). Your purchase date
2) The start of your initial Use Year
or 3) The occupancy date of the Unit you purchased

In your case with an April UY and the resort opening in Oct #3 is the latest date so dues are calculated for the last 2+ months of the year. As was mentioned you will receive a bill for those probably in Dec. Shortly after that you will receive a bill for your 2014 dues which are due in mid January of 2014 if you pay in a lump sum or you can elect to set up for a monthly payment which will spread them out over all 12 months in 2014. This will be the same for all Apr, June, Aug, Sept and Oct UY's. Dec UY starts 12/1/13 so they will only have 1 month of dues to pay in 2013. For Feb and March UY's there are no 2013 points so they actually will pay prorated 2014 dues.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #21
Jetsfan523
Earning My Ears

That was very helpful thanks!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
anne0866
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!

We also just purchased our first DVC and purchased 200 pts at the Grand Floridian. It is very exciting !!! We are planning to go Dec 15-25. Our guide placed a hold for us on a Savannah Studio at AKL Kidani while the paperwork and the sale is processed.

Congrats again!!!

DVC Villas at the Grand Floridian - Member Since Sept 2013

First DVC trip - AKV Kidani - Dec 15-25, 2013 / SSR April 21-28 2014

DisMom(48): DisDad(45); and DisSon (13)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
anne0866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #23
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne0866 View Post
Congratulations!

We also just purchased our first DVC and purchased 200 pts at the Grand Floridian. It is very exciting !!! We are planning to go Dec 15-25. Our guide placed a hold for us on a Savannah Studio at AKL Kidani while the paperwork and the sale is processed.

Congrats again!!!

You paid a premium for those VGF points... with special privileges. You should use those privileges to get VGF, and not AKL. If you want AKL, those points are available at half price of VGF through resale. Also, AKL usually only gets full after the MK resorts are filled first because of its location. If the VGF room is full now for December 2013, your guide can "create availability" for a one-time purchase courtesy. Don't lose that privilege!

The other way to look at it is that you can rent out those VGF points for as high as $17.5... just search the thread. Then use the cash to rent a distressed point at $9 per point. You will save $8 per point, over $1600 for 200 points! That will pay your dining plan so it's worth the hassles of renting and switching.
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #24
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTravels View Post

You paid a premium for those VGF points... with special privileges. You should use those privileges to get VGF, and not AKL. If you want AKL, those points are available at half price of VGF through resale. Also, AKL usually only gets full after the MK resorts are filled first because of its location. If the VGF room is full now for December 2013, your guide can "create availability" for a one-time purchase courtesy. Don't lose that privilege!

The other way to look at it is that you can rent out those VGF points for as high as $17.5... just search the thread. Then use the cash to rent a distressed point at $9 per point. You will save $8 per point, over $1600 for 200 points! That will pay your dining plan so it's worth the hassles of renting and switching.
I would have to agree here :/ And I am not one to really want to deal with the hassle of renting and transfers and all that madness! Lol.

Is there a reason you chose AKV over VGF? Or is it an issue of availability?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #25
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTravels

I think part of it is wanting to vacation in Dec of this year. If they tried to do this there would not be a room available with the distressed points they try to rent.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
anne0866
Mouseketeer

There are couple of reasons we chose to have our first dvc stay at AKV. First, any DVC resort is going to feel like a huge upgrade for us since we have always stayed at values (POP mostly). Secondly we will have a car on our December trip (we usually do not have a car) and figured AKV would be good choice due to only have bus transportation there. And we left the choice up to our 12 year old son, and he wanted to stay at AKV. We will most likely be using our home resort advantage of VGF on our next trip. Also there was no availability.

We are so excited to join the DVC family!

DVC Villas at the Grand Floridian - Member Since Sept 2013

First DVC trip - AKV Kidani - Dec 15-25, 2013 / SSR April 21-28 2014

DisMom(48): DisDad(45); and DisSon (13)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
anne0866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan523 View Post
I don't mean this in a negative way at all, but my sincere advice is that you cancel your purchase.

The legal term it is rescission, and under Florida Law you have 10 days after signing the formal agreement to purchase to rescind with a full refund and no penalties. Even if you are past the ten days, DVC would probably let you out of the purchase if you explain you were misled.

DVC is a good timeshare product, and I'm not trying to talk you out of it. But it is obvious that you don't understand even the most basic aspects of the product. Rescind and take your own sweet time researching here on the DIS until you really understand what you are buying.

I would also research other options to buying a timeshare, as well as other timeshares if you decide you want to go that route.

Then, if you think DVC is a good fit for your family, go for it.

You received absolutely nothing special -- no promotion, just the list price...and that will be there whenever you are truly ready to buy.

You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by taking a step back, doing your due diligence, and making a well-informed decision.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #28
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne0866 View Post
There are couple of reasons we chose to have our first dvc stay at AKV. First, any DVC resort is going to feel like a huge upgrade for us since we have always stayed at values (POP mostly). Secondly we will have a car on our December trip (we usually do not have a car) and figured AKV would be good choice due to only have bus transportation there. And we left the choice up to our 12 year old son, and he wanted to stay at AKV. We will most likely be using our home resort advantage of VGF on our next trip. Also there was no availability.

We are so excited to join the DVC family!
Well have a great vacation! Your son will have a great time. My BF loved staying in AKV even though it is kind of far away from everything. We did not have a savannah room but we could still walk out to the viewing areas. Are you staying in Jambo or Kidani?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #29
bcvlover
Love Beaches and Creme

Welcome home to GF
bcvlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:48 AM   #30
cindymouse6
"Remember, it all started with a Mouse!"

don't freak out.....

being a DVC member will be the best thing you ever did if you a Disney fan.... learn about the ins and outs.... not that complicated..... but VGF will be a fabulous resort. talk to your guide in depth about the ins and outs of your points, when you get them, how to bank them, how to use them. I own at 4 DVC's and just booked today a stay at Grand Floridian with my OKW points.... can't wait! you did not get cheated.... Disney freebies are what they are.... no matter what, it will be worth the purchase for those who come annually..... many feel DVC is a waste, but it's the best money I ever spent. Lost so much in the stock market, but my DVC points are constant and provide a guaranteed vacation for my family enjoy

New Years and marathon OKW 2013-2014; VGF April 2014; BCV July 2014; BLT Oct.2014
cindymouse6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: