Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
heidispidi
Mouseketeer

My DH and I were going to travel from Australia to Europe next year, however I got a big attack of the guilts and instead put to him that we take my DD and his DD to DL instead. Both trips are extremely costly, but right now I feel better spending the money on a family trip, especially as his DD hasn't been to DL before. At 15, I think it's our last chance for her to really enjoy the trip before she is 'too cool'. We can go to Europe another time!! Our concession this trip is to spend 3 nights in Vegas!

heidispidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #17
Barry Browning
Mouseketeer

Well my only caveat is I don't do disneyland without a Las Vegas stop.They go together like peas and carrots.The worst trip I ever had was a flyover of LV on the way back.We usually rent a car and either drive on way back or fly there and car to Anaheim.All my kids are grown but we went even when they were little.
Barry Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #18
Diszona
Mouseketeer

Well, for my son's October break we decided instead of Disney we would do a San Diego/Legoland trip instead (my son is getting close to age where Legoland won't interest him). However, it occurred to me that given the location we could drive up one evening and catch Mikey's Halloween Party, so even on our non-Disney trip we are still squeezing in 8 hours of Disney
Diszona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #19
CAFarmerGirl
Mouseketeer

We try to squeeze in both...the house budget may get neglected, but not our vacations! So, it isn't Mexico or Disney, it is the air conditioner and insulation or Disney/Mexico. The vacations win.

The one thing I don't do is travel without my kiddos. I love bringing them along, and I know my time is limited with them. Hubby feels the same way.

I am lucky that my kids have loved all of our trips. I do know they would pick Mexico, London or Hawaii over Disney in a heart beat, though. However, I am within driving distance of Disneyland and we like the good neighbor hotels, so it works financially.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #20
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFarmerGirl View Post
We try to squeeze in both...the house budget may get neglected, but not our vacations! So, it isn't Mexico or Disney, it is the air conditioner and insulation or Disney/Mexico. The vacations win.

The one thing I don't do is travel without my kiddos. I love bringing them along, and I know my time is limited with them. Hubby feels the same way.

I am lucky that my kids have loved all of our trips. I do know they would pick Mexico, London or Hawaii over Disney in a heart beat, though. However, I am within driving distance of Disneyland and we like the good neighbor hotels, so it works financially.
I sort of understand that. Anytime DH & I start discussing a trip without the kids, we end up talking about how much they would love it too or not wanting to explore a place without them. That is why Vegas works well for us - it's fairly close and it's a place that we can go and recharge & reconnect as a couple. That said, we've only gone once without them Planning another trip next year for our 15th anniversary.

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH), Nov. '14 (GCH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #21
CAFarmerGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJamieCA View Post
I sort of understand that. Anytime DH & I start discussing a trip without the kids, we end up talking about how much they would love it too or not wanting to explore a place without them. That is why Vegas works well for us - it's fairly close and it's a place that we can go and recharge & reconnect as a couple. That said, we've only gone once without them Planning another trip next year for our 15th anniversary.
Haha...we even took our son to LV when he was 1; I was also pregnant. and we were poor. We also don't gamble with more than a few dollars. Uh, yeah, that was a bit of a waste. I just had to see it, though! I could see enjoying it with hubby, though...
Old 09-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFarmerGirl View Post

Haha...we even took our son to LV when he was 1; I was also pregnant. and we were poor. We also don't gamble with more than a few dollars. Uh, yeah, that was a bit of a waste. I just had to see it, though! I could see enjoying it with hubby, though...
Oh we've taken the kids, too. That's why I don't feel so guilty going without them

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH), Nov. '14 (GCH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #23
Phoenixrising
Mouseketeer

Sometimes you have to decide what's important, a trip or bills. Our situation is one of them. We had a choice of keeping some money aside for bills or fly the family to a wedding. The trip to the wedding won out, but it's driving me insane planning that trip, as we return 14 hrs before I leave on my solo trip to DL in Nov. I personally enjoy traveling without the kids, as I'm a stay at home mom, who every 2 to 3 years takes a well needed vacation without the family. After the insane year we've had, I deserve some alone time without the kids.
Phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #24
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney

After our first trip to DL in 2010 we were hooked. We don't sit in the sun, so beach holidays are out. I can walk for a long time, but only on level surfaces.
Sitting around on a holiday is out because we like to be busy and explore.
Disney is a perfect fit for our holiday style.
We do go to Nova Scotia every 2 years, to see my family, but I can't think of any other place in North America where I would want to go.
However, since DD is in Jr.high this year, we are going to have to change our travel times. We did buy AP's for our 12 day trip in February this year and we will visit the resort 3 times, but it will cost us $4800 for flights for the 3 trips.....$5000 for hotels and food on top of that.....so we are done for a few years.....and we are eating Kraft dinner everyday

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: