Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
Spirit Mage
Earning My Ears

I was reading about this and it sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to go. I'm considering it... I wonder if I can get anyone to go with me LOL.
Spirit Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
Sisa
Earning My Ears

My family will be there, planned our vacation knowing it was a LTM event. Very excited for it. We will be heading into DL after dinner time. Hoping DL won't hit capacity before we get there if it does, not sure how strong of a possibility that is.

September 2013 DL TR, Kid's first visit & lots of photos
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3140711
Sisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
onespeed
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisa View Post
My family will be there, planned our vacation knowing it was a LTM event. Very excited for it. We will be heading into DL after dinner time. Hoping DL won't hit capacity before we get there if it does, not sure how strong of a possibility that is.
What is LTM? Didn't see it on the abbreviations page...
onespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #19
DHSbutcher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onespeed View Post
What is LTM? Didn't see it on the abbreviations page...
Limited Time Magic! The special events disney is putting on almost weekly this year
DHSbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
onespeed
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHSbutcher View Post
Limited Time Magic! The special events disney is putting on almost weekly this year
Got it, have fun y'all!
onespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #21
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

What time would be good for a meet??
ImTooExcitedToSleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #22
SweetCassandra
Earning My Ears

We're going! When I first read about the villains party i brought it up to DH but we dismissed it. My LO's 2nd b-day is the 12th and we have gone to celebrate the older ones b-days this year so we decided Why not? (last week) Thank goodness we could still get a room! I am already packed LOL!

I was planning a nap time and return to the park @4ish, but I don't want to be screwed if it reaches capacity...what do you guys think? Should we not leave or just come back from nap time earlier?

TIA
SweetCassandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #23
AZlady
DIS Veteran

I saw villians party- I knew I had to attend!!! My family is going!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #24
Congo Queen
DLand Devotee Since 1966

I too have questions on Dland reaching capacity for the night time Unleash the Villians. Hard to know since it is such a unique event. My plan is to ask cms that day what they are expecting and what their advice is.
Congo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #25
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I'll be there! I'm not sure what I will be doing at which times of the day (a lot of it will involve going on a wild photo/information-gathering spree for the Halloween Superthread, and that can take up a lot of time), and I'm not sure what time I'm leaving at night...but I'll be there!

If you notice a strange woman crawling under and around people to get to window displays, or to get extra close-up photos of small details on pumpkins, or to get shots of foliage, that could, possibly, be yours truly...maybe...perhaps.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #26
AndyR
DIS Veteran

We'll be there from the 12th
2008 Mar DL Repo Mini Meet, Aug Captain Jack's Panama EB Repo
2009 Feb Contemporary (DSIL gets's married @ Grand Floridian), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Mar - Disneyland, Jul - Boardwalk
2010 Mar AKL - Sept Grand Californian, Nov Grand Californian
2011 Jan Boardwalk & Dream Maiden Voyage, DL March, Apr GCH, June, GCH, Aug - Bay Lake Tower, Oct Wonder 7nt MR
2012 June - Panama Pirate Reunion on Fantasy - There's the Jack I know....
2013 April - Tokyo Disney, August - Aulani, Sept - Disneyland, Oct - Disneyland MHP, Dec - Grand Cali.
2014 Mar - GCH, July DCL Alaska, Oct DCL Magic B2B Southern & Repo

AndyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #27
pudinhd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
If you notice a strange woman crawling under and around people to get to window displays, or to get extra close-up photos of small details on pumpkins, or to get shots of foliage, that could, possibly, be yours truly...maybe...perhaps.
I am totally picturing this and laughing!! We'll be on the look out for you!
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise
pudinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #28
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudinhd View Post
I am totally picturing this and laughing!! We'll be on the look out for you!
pudinhd --

You've seen what I've come up with for the Theme Weeks in the Christmas Superthread thus far, and you will see much more as the weeks roll along! Those photos required a lot of climbing under, over and around things or people to get to certain spots, and I have received more than my fair share of odd looks as I intently zeroed in on various details! People have even commented. One guy said, in disbelief, "I've just...never seen anyone take a picture of a...plant...before..." And another guy thought I'd lost my mind as I focused on one particular Mardi Gras mask for about 10 minutes.

The last time I was at DL for Halloween Time I was all over the harvest-y, autumnal details, especially at (what used to be) the Halloween Round-Up (now the Carnival) and in the Scare-Dy Crow Shack.

So if you see anyone who looks she is on a serious mission to get pictures of Halloween merchandise, treats, decorations, window displays, etc., I'm just saying... I might be that person. I'm like a mad scientist when I get on a roll!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #29
pudinhd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
pudinhd --

You've seen what I've come up with for the Theme Weeks in the Christmas Superthread thus far, and you will see much more as the weeks roll along! Those photos required a lot of climbing under, over and around things or people to get to certain spots, and I have received more than my fair share of odd looks as I intently zeroed in on various details! People have even commented. One guy said, in disbelief, "I've just...never seen anyone take a picture of a...plant...before..." And another guy thought I'd lost my mind as I focused on one particular Mardi Gras mask for about 10 minutes.

The last time I was at DL for Halloween Time I was all over the harvest-y, autumnal details, especially at (what used to be) the Halloween Round-Up (now the Carnival) and in the Scare-Dy Crow Shack.

So if you see anyone who looks she is on a serious mission to get pictures of Halloween merchandise, treats, decorations, window displays, etc., I'm just saying... I might be that person. I'm like a mad scientist when I get on a roll!
I love it!! Way to take one for the thread!
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise
pudinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #30
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCassandra View Post
We're going! When I first read about the villains party i brought it up to DH but we dismissed it. My LO's 2nd b-day is the 12th and we have gone to celebrate the older ones b-days this year so we decided Why not? (last week) Thank goodness we could still get a room! I am already packed LOL!

I was planning a nap time and return to the park @4ish, but I don't want to be screwed if it reaches capacity...what do you guys think? Should we not leave or just come back from nap time earlier?

TIA
That is my plan as well. We are flying in that morning and will need to be up by 4:30 AM to make our flight. We are going to do the morning in the park, take a long nap and go back out around 5 or 6. I figure the party doesn't start until 8:00 and I don't think the park will sell out, though it will be crowded. My LO is 2.5.

I think 6:30 or 7:00 would be a great time to meet somewhere in the park.

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: