Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #31
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaVonSchweetz View Post
Wait - theres free dining in december?!?! Thats when were going. Is this true?
Yes, certain dates. Search "WDW free dining offer" and it will come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicOurWayNJ View Post
Can someone explain what is a pin and how do you go about getting one?
A PIN is a code sent via mail, email or text from Disney offering discounts and/or FD. If you can figure out how to get one, then you are better than the rest of us. It seems pretty random. Some say if you plan a trip on the website and save it (but don't book it) there is a better chance to get one, but it never worked for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspaugh View Post
Just wondering how others used their free dining? We always upgrade to Deluxe Dining. My husband and I love the signature restaurants, so we try to hit as many as possible. My favorite restaurant is the California Grill!!!!!! My kids insist on going to Boma every trip. What is your favorite restaurant on the dining plan?
We are staying mod. so get the regular DDP free for our trip next year. We used a bb pin code to book. We will use it as it is and not upgrade. We don't eat at a lot of the signature location, just few and will pay OOP if we use up the points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post
If we are already booked for the Port Orleans Riverside with the DDP can we get this deal?
Yes, as long as there are rooms still available under the promotion. Usually only a certain number of rooms at each qualifying resort are set aside for the promotions. Once those are booked, you would either need to find an alternate resort or promotion.

Quote:
So another question we are there for 9 days/8 nights is there a max of days?
No limit. The free dining is for your entire stay as long as it applies on the day you check in.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #32
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
So another question we are there for 9 days/8 nights is there a max of days?
14 nights
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #33
vacation_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post

No limit. The free dining is for your entire stay as long as it applies on the day you check in.
Promotions / Discounts / Pins in general have a 14 night cap.
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
Old 09-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #34
vacation_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittmarie04 View Post
If anyone comes across free dining let me know I'm really anxious to see if it will come out for Jan/Feb or if it will only be the stay/play discount
Its only P/S/D & a RO discount. No free dining via pin nor any other promo
Old 09-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #35
vacation_junkie

Quote:
If we are already booked for the Port Orleans Riverside with the DDP can we get this deal?
It will cost you approx..$18.88 a person for the DDP @ POR. and yes, if there are rooms available under the promo you can add the promo to your existing information.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
red4100
Earning My Ears

What dates is this available for?
red4100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #37
Daizylover
Earning My Ears

What about any dates in March, or is that to far in advance?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #38
aggordon2
Mouseketeer

We just came back 2 weeks ago and had a bounce back offer for free dining for August and September of 2014.

Jumped on it immediately

DIS Dad's Club Member #576

aggordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #39
LindseyDuck
New to the Boards, but Lifelong Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggordon2 View Post
We just came back 2 weeks ago and had a bounce back offer for free dining for August and September of 2014.

Jumped on it immediately
Oh that's good to know...thanks!
LindseyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #40
Brittmarie04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

The best way to know is if anyone booked a bounce back trip that offered it. usually that is a pretty good indication of if it will be offered. I know it was not offered last year and a lot of people were surprised or bummed as they were planning on it. Based on it not being available last year, I am guessing no.
Thanks for info, when I called the CM acted like it would be. But she could be wrong!
Brittmarie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #41
Brittmarie04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggordon2

Jumped on it immediately
Wow that's awesome, but really far in advance. I didn't realize they'd do a bounce back a year out
Brittmarie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #42
Fryan08
Mouseketeer

2014 Free Dining

I was wondering if anyone remembers when they announced the free dining for this year for the fall. We are planning on going next Christmas and I want to go ahead and make my reservations so I have a longer time to pay for my trip but was wondering do I just make a room/ticket reservation and can I add the free dining later or do I go ahead and make the reservation with dining? I guess what I am trying to ask is Can I add dining onto a reservation after it is made and how long before arrival do I have to do that?

Thanks
Fryan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #43
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryan08 View Post
I was wondering if anyone remembers when they announced the free dining for this year for the fall. We are planning on going next Christmas and I want to go ahead and make my reservations so I have a longer time to pay for my trip but was wondering do I just make a room/ticket reservation and can I add the free dining later or do I go ahead and make the reservation with dining? I guess what I am trying to ask is Can I add dining onto a reservation after it is made and how long before arrival do I have to do that?

Thanks
I got FD for November trip. The promotion started around around the first week in August.
I had an existing reservation that I opened up in January at POFQ but POFQ was not included in the reservation so I had to switch resorts to get FD. No fee or any problem getting it changed. I could have stayed at POFQ for RO but the FD was significantly a bigger savings since we had ADRs for each day already. Once we got FD I was able to add another ADR which brought me over the count for FD, but we are ok with the OOP expense since most meals will be covered now.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #44
Fryan08
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your help. Quick question though which resort did you have to move to to get the free dining. We are considering staying at POR. Are they one of the resorts that normally has free dining rooms?
Fryan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #45
jcieutat
Mouseketeer

From what I have seen in the past, the only moderate that has been exempt from the FD was POFQ. POR is too big of a resort to not offer FD if it is offered.

35 trips and counting!!!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: