Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #2236
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

There is also a CVS right outside the Disney Main gate and it is probably closer. We always have a town car pick us up from the airport and back and stop there on the way in. They have all kinds of drinks and stuff..

Mears also has a trip estimator on their website if you want to get an idea of how much a trip would cost. Not an exact, but a good guess.
http://www.mearstransportation.com/t...are-estimator/
Old 09-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #2237
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Do the corner rooms at CSR have two windows like they do at POR/FQ?
The corner room I was in had 2 windows ... yes.

C-DSCN0036 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #2238
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
The corner room I was in had 2 windows ... yes.
Thanks! Seems like with all the pictures out there I couldn't find one of a corner room!

Stupid Judy.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #2239
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

What are the standard room views for 9B business class? Also, do they ever add to the food options in the lounge?

Thanks for any information that can be given!

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #2240
smplicty29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsJason View Post
Also, does anyone know what the average price upgrade for a Preferred Room is over a Standard Room is, per night? Just a guesstimate is needed.

I am trying to help a co-worker plan a trip for next year, and any dates we try online says that nothing is available in the preferred room category. Just Business class.
I can't tell you specifically for CSR, but when we were booked for CBR we upgraded to preferred and it was about $200 total difference. When we switched the ressie back to CSR there were no preferred available. I would imagine the cost would be similar.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #2241
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
What are the standard room views for 9B business class? Also, do they ever add to the food options in the lounge?

Thanks for any information that can be given!
You will either have a view toward the lake in the middle and bridge toward pool, or the backside is a view of another little lagoon. We were on the 2nd floor, back and it was so peaceful and quiet. Hope we get the same next year.

ETA. When we were there in June, the food offerings were consistent with what is listed in this thread. If you stay business class, I think you will really like it.

Lynne

Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (12)

Old 09-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #2242
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Shipments

Hi all, I was wondering about shipments to the resort. It's for our Halloween costumes, but I wonder what the process is? We will be arrive Oct 2nd.

Also, I am unfamiliar with the length of time for shipping in the US. Normal shipping domestically is what? One week perhaps?
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Old 09-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #2243
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608 View Post
Hi all, I was wondering about shipments to the resort. It's for our Halloween costumes, but I wonder what the process is? We will be arrive Oct 2nd.

Also, I am unfamiliar with the length of time for shipping in the US. Normal shipping domestically is what? One week perhaps?
From Page 1 of this thread:

If you send a package down ahead of your arrival via Fed EX or UPS, it will end up at the Business Center and will incur a charge.

If you send it via USPS, it will end up at CSR Operations behind the check in desk.

My guess is that you should check with whomever you are using (Costco, Wal-Mart, etc.) to see which shipper they use so you know if you'll have an additional charge at the CSR end.

You can get shipping times from each shipper from your ZIP/Postal Code to Lake Buena Vista. These are usually pretty accurate, but I always arrange to have the package arrive two days before my check-in date to make sure it's there before I am.

The "charge" issued by the business center is usually $5.

Stupid Judy.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #2244
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
From Page 1 of this thread:

If you send a package down ahead of your arrival via Fed EX or UPS, it will end up at the Business Center and will incur a charge.

If you send it via USPS, it will end up at CSR Operations behind the check in desk.

My guess is that you should check with whomever you are using (Costco, Wal-Mart, etc.) to see which shipper they use so you know if you'll have an additional charge at the CSR end.

You can get shipping times from each shipper from your ZIP/Postal Code to Lake Buena Vista. These are usually pretty accurate, but I always arrange to have the package arrive two days before my check-in date to make sure it's there before I am.

The "charge" issued by the business center is usually $5.
Thanks so much! Is it $5 per parcel? Also, would 5 parcels be TOO many? And if at CSR Operations, should I tip?
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
Old 09-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #2245
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much! Is it $5 per parcel? Also, would 5 parcels be TOO many? And if at CSR Operations, should I tip?
I'm not sure if it's per parcel, as I've only had one parcel delivered. You may want to call the business center to find out: (407) 939-1000.

I don't think a tip is necessary/expected for parcel pick-up, whether it's at the business center (they're already getting paid) or at the front desk.

Stupid Judy.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #2246
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Great! Thanks for the info!

I was wondering if it is helpful to fax my requests for the room type a week before we are leaving?
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
Old 09-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #2247
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great! Thanks for the info!

I was wondering if it is helpful to fax my requests for the room type a week before we are leaving?
You should make sure your requests are noted on the reservation. Faxing can help, but it isn't necessary.

Stupid Judy.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #2248
FUNMAMADIS
Mouseketeer

We requested a certain section when doing online checkin. When we arrived the CM noted the request and we got it.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #2249
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Sorry it has taken me a while to report back.

RejoyceoverDisney-thank you for your PM and apologies for not replying but i have had a rough week since we returned on Sep 1st .
On Sep 2nd after waking up in the morning i suffered a heart attack ,i am only 38 years old.They could not find what caused it after numerous tests being done on me.I am now on beta blockers(heart tablets)for the rest of my life.i was only discharged on Wednesday night.

The rest of our holiday was amazing,although AKL was not for us though,the food court is not great,which meant we ate at DTD more than we planned for,which meant from AKL aproximately 40-60 minutes bus journey away,and only one pool for Jambo house meant it was constantly packed.We chose CSR for their numerous pools,food court,theming+privacy door between bathroom+sleeping area,so i will be complaining as to why we got moved,as it wasn't the holiday we orginally booked.

We were lucky enough to get chosen as we walked past to try the new Starbucks at Epcot before it was open,we got 2 vouchers each for a free drink and a free food item.Highly recommend the artisan sandwiches and the hot chocolate.

We enjoyed the atmosphere at Sci-Fi Diner,but the food was not great,we wouldn't go again.

Chef Mickey's for dinner was fab as always.

Tusker House breakfast was a new one for us,and the food was lovely.

Wishes Dessert party was fab as always but sadly no photopass photographer there anymore.

Speaking of photopass,we pre paid for photopass+ before we left the UK,and having done photopass on our previous trip in 2011 was looking forward to doing it again,but the photographers were very sparse this time,and hardly any of them were doing the magic shot's which was very disappointing.

Magic bands-we liked using these,it was great to be able to request our rides and times before we left the hotel for that park the next day,and also the ability to change a pre selected fastpass right at the last minute if it was only a 10 minute wait was great.
Only downside to these over normal fastpass tickets is if you do 2 parks in one day you can only use the pre selected fastpasses in one park.So say you go to morning EMH at MK,then keep your pre selected fastpasses for the park you intend to go to in the evening.This worked well when we went to Epcot in the evenings as it meant we got to ride Test Track and Soarin.Also waste of time wasting a fastpass for the shows as we found out to our disadvantage,i did mention this at guest services as they wanted feedback on these good or bad,and we were given extra fastpasses as they didn't 'work' for us which was very good of Disney.So on 2 days we had 6 fastpasses each instead of 3 each.

We had the free QSDP and it worked out great for us,i would never pay for the plan as we sometimes have only 3 meals between the 4 of us and we never get a dessert with every meal.We had 30 something snack credits left and used them all up in Goofy's to bring home with us,and we had over 20 counter service meals left and that was even after i 'paid' for other folk's meals when i spotted they were paying cash.

Seeing the Halloween decorations at MK for the first time.They were great,gives such a different feeling to Main Street.

New fantasyland and storybook circus are excellent,the theming is amazing.Also the front for the new Princess meet and greet is now up and visible above the walls.
Be Our Guest counter service and table service were fab.Counter service on the dining plan is great value,highly recommend the pot roast,french onion soup+rolls and strawberry cupcake.

Transformers and Despicable Me ride at Universal were amazing.So glad we had a night at the HRH,to get the express passes as we deffinately needed them.
Simpsons area is excellent.
.........................................x........ .............................

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #2250
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Sorry it has taken me a while to report back.

RejoyceoverDisney-thank you for your PM and apologies for not replying but i have had a rough week since we returned on Sep 1st .

.........................................x........ .............................
Thanks for your update and glad you checked in to let us know how things went and that you are ok. Yes quite sad about your need to go to hospital. I hope you continue to be ok.

Sounds like overall your holiday was a good one with lots of things that were magical. Get some rest and recovery quickly from both your vacation and illness.

peace!
Joyce

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: