Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #16
Gambee
Mouseketeer

They have the clocks with all the times of the Disney parks around the world.

How cute is that sign?

The main pools already getting some action.

Sarah got some ice cream. They did not have the Banana and strawberry available yet, they brought those out on the second and third day.

Gambee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #17
Gambee
Mouseketeer

By the way the pool towel system is just like X, you can grab as many as you want and just return them into a towel place or leave them anywhere. No need to worry about someone stealing your towel, and then you having to pay for it later on. I have to admit this is something that really bothers me about the other cruise lines. I am thinking about bringing my own from home from now on to avoid worrying over that. I had my towel stolen twice already on two separate cruise lines.

Then we headed to the spa to do a tour. Here are the prices for the spa, they also have a separate area just for kids, and they offer products specifically for them.

The spa is very neat, they offer multiple room and most of them are in over looking the bow of the ship.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #18
Gambee
Mouseketeer

I really need to get my fat butt in the gym ASAP, I just have a hard time finding the motivation to get started...

Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #19
Gambee
Mouseketeer

They also have a facility called the rainforest that is very similar to the spa in Breakaway, but the difference is in the price. Disney only charges $18 per person per day vs whatever NCL decided to raised it this week to….

The Rain forest is a very nice area and it really shows how disney goes above and beyond to stand out from other cruise lines. I will let the pictures talk from now on. They also offer a more expensive version but it includes the scrubs (is that what they are called?) for you to use in the steam rooms to exfoliate yourself.

We gave it some thought on buying the one day pass, but ultimately we did not. I think it was just the fact that the cruise was going to be so short and I we wanted to experience more of the ship instead of being stuck in a particular area. The funny thing is that we did end up stuck on the adult pool for a lot of time, and the adult pool is adjacent to the spa... Go figure, oh well maybe next time.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #20
Gambee
Mouseketeer

My lens fogged up, lol.

Those look so much better than other ships I been to, and they feel just amazing! I bet that would be a great thing on a cruise in alaska.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #21
Gambee
Mouseketeer

They also offer this couples room complete with everything. I asked about the price and she said that I had to book the treatments. But I imagine that you're required to purchase some more expensive treatments to get it. I can only imagine what it will end up running you for a couple of hours there, but that should be really neat for a couple in a honeymoon or just a short getaway from the kids.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #22
Gambee
Mouseketeer

These are the FWD facing rooms, very neat.

This is the teen area, it was really dark in there and with a color explosion going on.

I also want to point out that the entire staff is there to make you feel like you're the only person aboard that ship. Disney service is on a league of their own, I think this is the cruise were I really noticed the least amount mistakes done. And the entire cruise was full of smiles and friendly staff, this is the way a cruise should be!

We also never noticed them pushing sales on us, it felt very much like Celebrity. The product is there for you to buy it, but they will never push you into it. They will just offer you the information you need to make an informed decision. Nicely done Disney!

Old 09-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #23
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Really good pics; what date did you sail?
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #24
lin7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambee View Post
The food in the Buffet of the Allure has nothing on the food of the Dream. I mean it is by no means bad food, but it is just not comparison. I actually found the area itself to be more quiet in comparison to the dream. I think mostly because of the amount of kids vs adults in the area.
Thanks so much for the reply. We love the seafood section of the buffet, on the Fantasy they have the crab legs instead of the claws when we went, and you can ask for melted butter, tastes so good.

Your pictures are beautiful
lin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #25
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohJen View Post
Really good pics; what date did you sail?
Thank you.

August 15
Old 09-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #26
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin7 View Post
Thanks so much for the reply. We love the seafood section of the buffet, on the Fantasy they have the crab legs instead of the claws when we went, and you can ask for melted butter, tastes so good.

Your pictures are beautiful
No problem. I actually thought that some melted butter was really missing there. Good to know that you can ask for it.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #27
Gambee
Mouseketeer

I took these on the way to the atrium, this is the connecting corridor between the Animators Palate and The Atrium. That corridor is just amazing, specially when it was empty in that manner. I really enjoyed how bright it was with all those huge portholes running through it.

By the way for those of you wondering how this effect is created. It is a feature of the Sony RX100, it is called the Illustration effect. So far this the only camera that has this effect, but I am hoping that Sony integrates this future into more future cameras.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
Gambee
Mouseketeer

After the spa tour we decided to go and verify that we had a table for ourselves during dinner. So we went to the Royal Palace to confirm that. I took some pictures around that area, it is right by the Atrium.

This guy was great! they had him in the adult pool area on several occasions. He was my favorite musician on the ship.

Character meet and greet

Old 09-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
Gambee
Mouseketeer

After verifying that we had a private table, we decided to go to the adult area before our room open. Rooms would be available at around 1:30pm and I needed to drop off my very heavy backup that was full of drinks :D.

These two were taken on the way to the adult area.

There is a really cool art gallery right before the District, they have some incredible art. I fell in love with several pieces. The prices range from $100-$3200, with the average around $500.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #30
Gambee
Mouseketeer

Can you say AWESOME little dude? Totally….. This one is one of my favorite ones, I believe it was $795 or around that price.

[

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: