Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #496
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
I don't blame them for this...

but gee...doesn't it seem like old CMB and the beans department have really tightened the screws on the customers across the board the last 3 years or so?

the dining plan costs and reductions, the hotels (while admittedly at somepoints in their histories have seemed like a good deals) are not really a good deal at all anymore, and the huge assault on the price of annual passes last year....

just seems like they buy the hype that the economy is booming and people are raking it in...except that the second part is pure fiction because wages are still down.

8.99 for one day is kinda an insult...you have to suck down 4.5 cups of coke (which costs disney 0.5 cents per cup) to just break even.

I don't know...i don't typically whine about price...but the inflation at WDW is gonna have to take a break sooner or later here. the $4000 vacation is going to quickly become $6,000 or $8,000...and that's hard scratch to swallow for your average peep.

But i know...it's ok because they're paying me back by building Star Wars Land, Carsland, Russia, Brazil, and Spain and two new lands in AK

at least they are dropping the pretense of only being allowed to use the mug where you're staying...and this should give no excuse for them not to keep the self service ones open 24 hours....as it would basically require one custodial employee with minor training to service/clean them and engineering has somebody available 24 hours a day as is.
yeah I notice they gave up the commercials with Disney as an affordable vacation for 4 people!! remember the one with ccinderellas coach?!

I thought the water parks already had these types of cups...I will pay the price as long as my hubby can get his fill of coffe and sodas...if they limit it to 3 or 4 a day we would not be interested...
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

txaggie94gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #497
Hibernians
Donald Duck Changed My Life

I buy a mug for all of us - 6 people, 6 mugs, I figure its a nice souvenir for my kids and I know they love to go to the soda fountain and do their own thing; besides, I use my mug mostly for coffee and no one wants to drink out of mine after a day or two.
Cost wise its probably a good deal; we are usually on property for 7 days and between hanging out at the resort pool and grabbing a coffee or 2 in the morning, I think we easily get our initial investment back and have a nice Disney mug to use for years to come.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #498
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibernians View Post
I buy a mug for all of us - 6 people, 6 mugs, I figure its a nice souvenir for my kids and I know they love to go to the soda fountain and do their own thing; besides, I use my mug mostly for coffee and no one wants to drink out of mine after a day or two.
Cost wise its probably a good deal; we are usually on property for 7 days and between hanging out at the resort pool and grabbing a coffee or 2 in the morning, I think we easily get our initial investment back and have a nice Disney mug to use for years to come.
We usually get one for all of us too. I am an early riser so I spend a while at the food court reading with my coffee, and my dsil drink soda, so ours always pays for themselves. My dd and DVD probably don't break even, but we like bringing them home and using them between visits. I can't say we would buy the new ones, but if they are included in the ddp, we would use them
Old 09-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #499
Tekneek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
We usually get one for all of us too. I am an early riser so I spend a while at the food court reading with my coffee, and my dsil drink soda, so ours always pays for themselves. My dd and DVD probably don't break even, but we like bringing them home and using them between visits. I can't say we would buy the new ones, but if they are included in the ddp, we would use them
If you get the standard dining plan, they are still included. If you get the Quick Service Dining Plan, they are no longer included. The disappointing aspect of that is that I felt like the mugs really presented good value for the QSDP, and I can't imagine the QSDP being worth paying for without them (debatable value even with them, but raising the cost plus dropping the mugs out is Disney not even pretending to not rip their guests off).
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #500
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post

If you get the standard dining plan, they are still included. If you get the Quick Service Dining Plan, they are no longer included. The disappointing aspect of that is that I felt like the mugs really presented good value for the QSDP, and I can't imagine the QSDP being worth paying for without them (debatable value even with them, but raising the cost plus dropping the mugs out is Disney not even pretending to not rip their guests off).
That's for 2014 or for now? Because the 2013 dining plans all include mugs and most people who will be heading to the resorts over the next quarter booked their dining plans a long while ago so I'm not sure disney can change that entitlement yet.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #501
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie94gigem View Post
I thought the water parks already had these types of cups...I will pay the price as long as my hubby can get his fill of coffe and sodas...if they limit it to 3 or 4 a day we would not be interested...
They are NOT limiting to 3 or 4 a day. They have available "short term" cups that can be used for up to 4 fills within an hour. The mugs are unlimited fills for the length they are purchased for, just with a 2-2.5 minute limit between fills.

The water parks have a similar system, but it is for daily use. They do offer to "re-enable" previous mugs though. I believe the price of the mug is similar to the 1-day mugs at the resorts, but I think the mug itself is bigger.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #502
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. The only time I ever had them included was our last visit, although my DD said that they had been included on the QSDP on her previous visit. After the last trip, I questioned the value of the DDP, and had it not been included in our package, I would have had buyers remorse, so when I plan our next vacation, I need to do some serious number crunching. I wanted to take my DGD on a girl's trip, and stick with the QSDP because I though it would work well with just the two of us. I will need to consider teh total cost vs convenience now that the mug is not included.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #503
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. The only time I ever had them included was our last visit, although my DD said that they had been included on the QSDP on her previous visit. After the last trip, I questioned the value of the DDP, and had it not been included in our package, I would have had buyers remorse, so when I plan our next vacation, I need to do some serious number crunching. I wanted to take my DGD on a girl's trip, and stick with the QSDP because I though it would work well with just the two of us. I will need to consider teh total cost vs convenience now that the mug is not included.
I know of no plans to remove the refillable mugs from 2014 dining plans. The web page still lists it on the QSDP:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/va...-serve-dining/
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 09-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #504
christyhecht
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I'm sorry, but that's just not true. The 2014 QSDP lists the rapid fill mugs as an amenity of the plan. I am unable to post the link (newby!), but google "wdw qsdp 2014 pdf". First search result.
christyhecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #505
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Source???

The ONLY rumor I have heard with regards to the QSDP and the mugs is that if and when the mugs can be used in the parks, they will remove the drink entitlement with the QSDP and people will use their included mugs for all QSDP meals. Again, that is just a rumor. As far as I know, they intend to keep mugs included in all dining plans.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #506
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Source???

The ONLY rumor I have heard with regards to the QSDP and the mugs is that if and when the mugs can be used in the parks, they will remove the drink entitlement with the QSDP and people will use their included mugs for all QSDP meals. Again, that is just a rumor. As far as I know, they intend to keep mugs included in all dining plans.
I just started going through the motions to make a resort reservation to see what it said for the Dining Plans. The QSDP came with 1 mug per person good at any resort quick service location for a reservation in October.
surferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #507
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibernians View Post
Ugh. I forgot about that with the coffee! I drink coffee in the morning, and have a soda sometimes later in the day. I admit it - last time I took back my earlier mug, but I legitametly had a mug. I used my old mug for coffee and my new mug for soda. Never at the same time, but that way the coffee smell/taste that stays in the mug did not affect the water or soda. Oh well.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #508
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
Ugh. I forgot about that with the coffee! I drink coffee in the morning, and have a soda sometimes later in the day. I admit it - last time I took back my earlier mug, but I legitametly had a mug. I used my old mug for coffee and my new mug for soda. Never at the same time, but that way the coffee smell/taste that stays in the mug did not affect the water or soda. Oh well.
I was actually surprised that CBR didn't have some sort of wash station for the mugs. I don't think SSR did either...but I want to say that Mara at AKL did? Or am I misremembering?

Old 09-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #509
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

Just wondering if anyone is seeing guest use older mugs for coffee and water and buying new RFID mugs for soda.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #510
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro77 View Post
Just wondering if anyone is seeing guest use older mugs for coffee and water and buying new RFID mugs for soda.
With the changeover to the neon orange, purple and green, cheaters stick out like a sore thumb now. I didn't see any!

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: