Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #1921
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

One of our sons has a black Cruze which is why DH likes it so much. He was really pushing the Malibu more than the Cruze & I so hate that car! My Firebird was bought new & she looks like new & has really low miles. Mr car before this was a new Monte Carlo that was a piece of crap. It had to have a new engine after only 1000 miles! Never did get better.

The only thing that counts is that you like your car! I did see an ad tonight for a mini van with a built in vacuum cleaner, now that's a great idea!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #1922
coneygoil
Mouseketeer
 
coneygoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 427

I don't think that Cinderella's smile is awful, but it does looks really fake, like she's just putting it on for a show. This may sound mean, but I've only come across a few princess who were actually really pretty. A lot of them look odd to me The prettiest I've ever seen was when I met Ariel in her dress in Adventureland. She was gorgeous! And also one of the best face characters I've ever met too. I was pregnant with my daughter at the time and she asked me all these questions about the baby.
__________________

Zorro Gets The Ladies (10-2-09 MNSSHP)
Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...Yep, I'm Crazy (Jan. '13 TR)
Cast Member Appreciation! In memory of Mr. Bob who worked on Main Street USA
coneygoil is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #1923
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

Yay for a new car!! Can't wait to see it!!! Corey's car is going to have to be replaced at some point… but I want to wait until the wheels actually just fall off…… We have no car payment right now, and I'm enjoying that!

You know, I had that same Cindy and I didn't like her much either. I think she has a very "scared" look! I like that Snow White though! That was Catie's very first character meeting, so I might have a soft spot for her!

How is Paige feeling?
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #1924
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Congrats on the new car! I have seen a lot of the Cruze around and it is a nice one. I am partial to Chevys, I have had 2 Cavaliers and I am now in an Equinox. They have been pretty reliable for me. I have a car color too and it is Blue, I have always had a blue car until the one I just traded in (which was silver). I am so glad to be back in a blue car again! LOL
I am happy with it. It's a basic car, but I was surprised how many standard features it has. Do people think you are weird when you have a car color? I swear so many people have told me to be more flexible, but seriously, if I have to drive this for another 10 years, I want to like what it looks like. I have dorve my share of junkers over my lifetime and some really ugly cars...REALLY ugly and I am at that time in life where I want to be a little spoiled.

One time I did have a blue car, but it was powder blue. It was a used car my Dad had found and I basically bought it site unseen because Dad was so in love with how sporty it looked. It was a Dodge Aspen. I think it was a late 70's/early 80's model. It was so UGLY. It was sporty for 1950, not 1993. It was twotone blue, powder blue and darker blue.

Here is basically what the style looked liked, only in blue twotoned.




It was a piece of junk too. I hated that car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
One of our sons has a black Cruze which is why DH likes it so much. He was really pushing the Malibu more than the Cruze & I so hate that car! My Firebird was bought new & she looks like new & has really low miles. Mr car before this was a new Monte Carlo that was a piece of crap. It had to have a new engine after only 1000 miles! Never did get better.

The only thing that counts is that you like your car! I did see an ad tonight for a mini van with a built in vacuum cleaner, now that's a great idea!
I know what you mean. There are cars that some people live, but I would never want. Just not my taste.
I know so many people who love the Monte's and I have never been a fan and I swear they always have problems.

Now a built in vacuum would be paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
I don't think that Cinderella's smile is awful, but it does looks really fake, like she's just putting it on for a show. This may sound mean, but I've only come across a few princess who were actually really pretty. A lot of them look odd to me The prettiest I've ever seen was when I met Ariel in her dress in Adventureland. She was gorgeous! And also one of the best face characters I've ever met too. I was pregnant with my daughter at the time and she asked me all these questions about the baby.
Yes it is forced and I think the eyes are just crazy looking.
I agree, a lot of them just are not that pretty. I swear they used to be better, but as time has gone I notice more and more not so pretty ones. We also see Rapunzel later and she was NOT prettty at all. Very nice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Yay for a new car!! Can't wait to see it!!! Corey's car is going to have to be replaced at some point… but I want to wait until the wheels actually just fall off…… We have no car payment right now, and I'm enjoying that!

You know, I had that same Cindy and I didn't like her much either. I think she has a very "scared" look! I like that Snow White though! That was Catie's very first character meeting, so I might have a soft spot for her!

How is Paige feeling?
Life is getting back to normal...and I just see you message me too.
I do hate having a car payment now, but it's not too high and we can pay it off early if we want to with no penalty.

This Sniow White was good. In 2011 we had one that I really had to keep myself from laughing in her face because she was a goof ball.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #1925
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Once Tom gets here (yeah Skip named the car already...Tom Cruze ) then i will take pictures and post them.
I gotta give Skip points on that one!

New car!! I love red, but since my foot tends to be a bit heavy, I'm afraid of being noticed too much. My gray Trailblazer blends in pretty decent, I haven't had a speeding ticket since I owned my flashy aqua blue-green Grand Am!
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #1926
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I gotta give Skip points on that one!

New car!! I love red, but since my foot tends to be a bit heavy, I'm afraid of being noticed too much. My gray Trailblazer blends in pretty decent, I haven't had a speeding ticket since I owned my flashy aqua blue-green Grand Am!
He is so clever...or at least he thinks he is.

I know many people tell me red is not a good color if you don't want to me noticed......but I have gotten tickets in all color of cars. Probably because I am such a hot momma and the police just want to meet me!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #1927
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,616

And then Aurora made her way to our table.











And one of Claire’s favorites!!!!! Ariel!





Again, I am being caddy, but I didn’t think she was a very pretty Ariel from the front.





And then we were done. We were full and happy and ready to head out to the park again. It was a better experience than last time, but nothing can top our first time there.



We headed back out into the sunshine again. I guess I felt the need to take this picture.



And then of course we had to make a stop to try the sword once again.



Each time she did this, she was sure she could feel it start to move and it would come out at any minute for her.





But once again, we did not have success.
Claire then requested we hit Small World.



The line was kind of long, but it kept moving at least. Soon we were on our boat.



I have yet to eat in Pinocchio’s at one of these tables.



This is my sneaky picture of the baby in front of us. He was a few people ahead of in line too and we just kept laughing because he looked hysterical and cute in this little hat. And he never fussed about having it on.













jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #1928
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,616

It’s a Small World After All!































We had another fabulous trip around the world. The party time was now approaching so we got our wrist bands and then did one of our favorites ….a jungle cruise at night.





And now it was party time!



We made a stop in the bathrooms so Claire could change for the party.

And we found some Carolers out who were have a fun time.



And they graciously took a picture with Claire.



And then Claire showed off her flashing necklace, which didn’t show up with a flash picture and a non-flash picture was horrible.



We loved how they had red and green lights accenting on the buildings.







More water art.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #1929
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

Ariel looks scarier to me than Cinderella did. Claire's dress is so cute and she blends in perfectly with the carolers.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #1930
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Ariel looks scarier to me than Cinderella did. Claire's dress is so cute and she blends in perfectly with the carolers.

Corinna
LOL!

I know she really did match them. That was another wonderful outfit my friend Janet loaned us.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #1931
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

Well… where is the picture of the CAR?!?!?!?!!?!?

Man… seeing these holiday party pictures are making me want another holiday trip!!!!!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #1932
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,620

Cute dress on Claire and a great start to the party.

Ariel does look a bit off but at least Aurora looks better than some I have seen.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #1933
GoofyWife
Mouseketeer
 
GoofyWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 172

Jen - your trip report is great as usual although I'm so far behind, but going to start catching up - life always gets in the way of trip report reading! thinking about doing a quicky trip with DS the day after Christmas for three days and would stay offsite as the dis hotel prices are high then, but love looking at your pictures to tide me over!
__________________
1987 - first trip - offsite
1989 - CBR
1990, 2000, 2001, 2005- offsite
2009 - POP
2013 - Offsite trip
GoofyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #1934
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well… where is the picture of the CAR?!?!?!?!!?!?

Man… seeing these holiday party pictures are making me want another holiday trip!!!!!
I know, but I have only taken phone pictures and the are not good at all.
I want another holiday trip too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Cute dress on Claire and a great start to the party.

Ariel does look a bit off but at least Aurora looks better than some I have seen.
That is another one we borrowed from the fabulous Janet.
Aurora was a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
Jen - your trip report is great as usual although I'm so far behind, but going to start catching up - life always gets in the way of trip report reading! thinking about doing a quicky trip with DS the day after Christmas for three days and would stay offsite as the dis hotel prices are high then, but love looking at your pictures to tide me over!
I am so behind too. But we'll all catch up eventually.
That will be a fun trip. Busy but fun.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #1935
Woth2982
DIS Veteran
 
Woth2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,083

Congrats on the new car! I just got a call today that my car was going to cost $2600 to fix and is only worth $2500 So via my mom I bought a new car this morning. I am NOT happy about it, but I know I will love the car. My car was old and had almost 200,000 miles on it so it was time, but I thought I would have a few more months! I got a 2013 Rav 4, same exact one my mom has so I know I will like the way it drives.

I am enjoying all your xmas party pics so far! Nothing is better than Christmas time at Disney.....at least that is what I think! I love Claire's outfit! Janet is so talented! I wish sewing was a skill I had. Still waiting for those physics classes I took in high school to have some true usefulness in my life that I took in lieu of sewing.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: