DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #31
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Just closed with fidelity. Have also bought from TSS. I felt the rss was less willing to present lower offers. I got an amazing deal with fidelity. $60 per point at akl. Loaded contract with banked points. Seller paid closing. 160 Pts. TSS would, and did talk me out of presenting such offers.

Anyway the deals to be had with fidelity are worth having to chase them a little. They were professional, responded to email and all went smoothly. Took a little time but so worth it.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #32
francie57
DIS Veteran

We just put in two offers on two contracts with TSS. The agent had no problem with us making a lower offer than the asking price - he actually encouraged it. Waiting to hear back. I contact fidelity an a few occasions for offers they had for BW but never heard anything from them. They had one contract that was very low and I was actually worried about it not passing ROFR because it was much lower than the average price being paid. Hopefully we will get our offers accepted and move to the next stage of the process.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #33
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Just closed with fidelity. Have also bought from TSS. I felt the rss was less willing to present lower offers. I got an amazing deal with fidelity. $60 per point at akl. Loaded contract with banked points. Seller paid closing. 160 Pts. TSS would, and did talk me out of presenting such offers.

Anyway the deals to be had with fidelity are worth having to chase them a little. They were professional, responded to email and all went smoothly. Took a little time but so worth it.
Good for you. Thankfully AKV is actively being sold so Disney doesn't do much ROFR there yet.

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #34
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie57 View Post
We just put in two offers on two contracts with TSS. The agent had no problem with us making a lower offer than the asking price - he actually encouraged it. Waiting to hear back. I contact fidelity an a few occasions for offers they had for BW but never heard anything from them. They had one contract that was very low and I was actually worried about it not passing ROFR because it was much lower than the average price being paid. Hopefully we will get our offers accepted and move to the next stage of the process.
Never hurt trying.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #35
francie57
DIS Veteran

We are extremely with the 2 offers we put in for the BW through TSS and both were accepted within a few hours. Sending back paperwork and now have to get through ROFR and then on to closing. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. Our agent with TSS has been great and actually got a few things added to our offers that save us even more.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #36
kroy
Earning My Ears

Crazy Market?

Very helpful information on this thread! I've just started to seriously look into buying into the DVC via resale. It looks to me like the Resale Store gets consistently good marks, generally better than Fidelity. I first casually looked at what was available via resale last winter, and it seems to me that there were many more listings at that time. I'm interested in the VWL as my home resort, and there are VERY few current listings, while last winter there were many. Also, the price per point seems to have gone from about $65 to $80 or more. Is this all caused by supply and demand? Is it a seasonal thing? Should I expect more VWL listings to show up late in the year, and are prices likely to come down? I'm looking for 200-215 points, and the use year isn't critical to me.
kroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #37
Andrew015
WL Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroy View Post
Very helpful information on this thread! I've just started to seriously look into buying into the DVC via resale. It looks to me like the Resale Store gets consistently good marks, generally better than Fidelity. I first casually looked at what was available via resale last winter, and it seems to me that there were many more listings at that time. I'm interested in the VWL as my home resort, and there are VERY few current listings, while last winter there were many. Also, the price per point seems to have gone from about $65 to $80 or more. Is this all caused by supply and demand? Is it a seasonal thing? Should I expect more VWL listings to show up late in the year, and are prices likely to come down? I'm looking for 200-215 points, and the use year isn't critical to me.
Hi Kroy,

With the release of VGF, Disney announced a price increase for DVC purchases bought directly from Disney. They also had a significant increase in the amount of contracts that they exercised their ROFR on during this same time period. With both of these things combined, it caused resale prices to jump as well. So basically, you can call it supply and demand. But I wouldn't necessarily call it free market supply and demand rather, the market was partly manipulated by Disney's actions described above.

Nevertheless, "it is what it is" as they say. Resale prices have risen sharply over what you would have paid last year. If you are patient, I suspect that we will see another down cycle somewhere in the 2014-2015 time period, prior to the release of Poly DVC. Then I think its safe to say that we can count on Disney pulling the same strings with Poly DVC as they did with VGF - announcing yet another price increase and causing another "run" on DVC sales at that time. This is my opinion only, so take it for what it is worth, but I think the best time to buy will be the next slump prior to Poly DVC coming online. Please don't take this as gospel - I cannot guarantee that there will be a resale slump, but my feeling is that prices will pull back sometime between 2014-2015.

As for VWL, this is the smallest of all DVC resorts, and it has a pretty devout following, so the amount of contracts that come available tend to be on the low side. However, I promise, you WILL find one that fits your criteria, and it wont take that long. Don't be afraid to make a low-ball offer, but also know that with the limited amount of contracts that hit the resale market, it might be awhile before you see another one come up. You will have to determine what price you want to offer, and how long you are willing to wait for "the one". If you have lots of time and flexibility, I say hold out for one that meets your desired price. Search the ROFR thread and see what the lowest prices are sneaking through ROFR, and use this as a basis for your $/point tolerance. If you have to have it now, I recommend offering as close to asking price as your budget will allow. In the end, even at $80/point, you are far below what you would pay direct, even if it is substantially higher than what you would have paid last year. The good news is, as you can see, DVC tends to hold it's value pretty well when purchased via resale.

Best of luck with your decision, and I hope you find the perfect VWL contract.

Last edited by Andrew015; 09-05-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Andrew015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #38
chrisaman
Mouseketeer

Heres to hoping to good fortunes on the resale market
chrisaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: