Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

POP vs Sports

Doing a quick overnight "budget" trip this weekend and we booked Sports with a FL resident rate. We've stayed there before - fine for a short stay, but when I made the reservation, they said that Sports is undergoing a refurb and won't have a fridge. Not a huge deal, but they offered POP for $8 more - that's a big bag of caramel corn in Epcot!

We will be taking the bus to MK and back from Epcot one night and I know POP has it's own buses, so is that alone worth the $8 difference? Plus the fact that POP is newer...?

Or should I save my $8 and buy some treats instead?!

Thanks!

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Doing a quick overnight "budget" trip this weekend and we booked Sports with a FL resident rate. We've stayed there before - fine for a short stay, but when I made the reservation, they said that Sports is undergoing a refurb and won't have a fridge. Not a huge deal, but they offered POP for $8 more - that's a big bag of caramel corn in Epcot!

We will be taking the bus to MK and back from Epcot one night and I know POP has it's own buses, so is that alone worth the $8 difference? Plus the fact that POP is newer...?

Or should I save my $8 and buy some treats instead?!

Thanks!
FOOD COURT AT SPORTS IS CLOSED!!! until December i think? That alone should help you change your mind. LOL! You'll have to use the Music food court. For that reason alone, i'd switch to pop. Even if the food court was open, i'd still be switching to pop because its all around a better resort. I've been to both and i love pop more. At Pop you get the gorgeous lake, soooo serene. Ask for lakeview, you'll thank me! I've even seen turtles in the water! The bridge from Pop to AoA is a bonus, you can walk over and take a look! And yes, the best bonus of all is that Pop has their own buses.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
FOOD COURT AT SPORTS IS CLOSED!!! until December i think? That alone should help you change your mind. LOL! You'll have to use the Music food court. For that reason alone, i'd switch to pop. Even if the food court was open, i'd still be switching to pop because its all around a better resort. I've been to both and i love pop more. At Pop you get the gorgeous lake, soooo serene. Ask for lakeview, you'll thank me! I've even seen turtles in the water! The bridge from Pop to AoA is a bonus, you can walk over and take a look! And yes, the best bonus of all is that Pop has their own buses.
Thanks! I just called back to switch and then they tell me about the food court at Sports! We won't use it at all, so it's not a big deal, but it would have been nice to know when I made the reservation....that could really be a big disappointment for people staying there who didn't know in advance.

Apparently the fridge issues is at all the resorts (??), but she put in a request for one at POP - really not a deal breaker for us since we bring a big cooler.

Thanks again for the reply...POP it is!

Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Thanks! I just called back to switch and then they tell me about the food court at Sports! We won't use it at all, so it's not a big deal, but it would have been nice to know when I made the reservation....that could really be a big disappointment for people staying there who didn't know in advance.

Apparently the fridge issues is at all the resorts (??), but she put in a request for one at POP - really not a deal breaker for us since we bring a big cooler.

Thanks again for the reply...POP it is!
While you might not plan to use the food court, you never know what you might need or want. You might be thirsty, you might want a light snack. imagine going all the way to AS Music??? Its not far, but still. Not that close!

Yes all resorts have issues with fridges. Half of the rooms at pop have the new fridge. I checked into pop on aug.25, 60's building, and expected not to have a fridge. But to my surprise, i had one! Had I not, I would have asked for a credit. Apparently they will credit you $10/day but only if you ask for it. Sneaky eh?

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
While you might not plan to use the food court, you never know what you might need or want. You might be thirsty, you might want a light snack. imagine going all the way to AS Music??? Its not far, but still. Not that close!

Yes all resorts have issues with fridges. Half of the rooms at pop have the new fridge. I checked into pop on aug.25, 60's building, and expected not to have a fridge. But to my surprise, i had one! Had I not, I would have asked for a credit. Apparently they will credit you $10/day but only if you ask for it. Sneaky eh?
Very sneaky! I'd rather have the $10 than a fridge!

Good point about the food court...never know when you might want something. They said they were offering bus transportation to the other AS food courts. No thanks!

Old 09-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at both and really like POP much better. It is closer to MK and Epcot so he bus ride is shorter. The resort feels more disney to us but both are fun. Enjoy your trip!
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: