Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #136
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

D~ So glad you made it to CRT, you just re confirmed to me about Not staying at a monorail resort. I could make it on my ECV but poor Bob since he is stubborn and refuses to rent himself an ECV would be pulling up the rear between his knee, hip, and back

We ate at CRT years ago when it was King Stephens Banquet and I keep thinking about eating there again but the $$$ is hard to swallow.

Love all the pictures especially from Lil Mermaid which was open last November but we skipped it since Bob did not want to go on it we don't do many attractions now that we are "old" lol

Hope the girls school days are going well and your first day back at work too!

I need to make a run to Target either today or early next week.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #137
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Whew, your rush to get to CRT made me nervous because I knew how much that meal meant to V. So glad you made it!

Nice pictures of the Little Mermaid ride! I really loved it, especial the part where you go "under" the sea!
I know - I was a wreck!!! I couldn't believe we made it!

I agree - that was the coolest part, and I didn't take a picture... Before we got on, Suzi told me that part was really cool - so I was sure to watch for it, and as we were going under - I even found myself holding my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
About the Laupoooo lapoooo umm you never asked???
You are right - we didn't ask... But I think we just assumed you would know.

Quote:
yes i was very ill after drinking that seriously ruined the Christmas party.
So sad...

Quote:
OMG the ariel ride looks ADORABLE! and all of you are so dang stinking cute.
It was adorable! I just loved it. Suzi is the cute one.

Quote:
so CRT is a go? I need to add it for next year?!?!
I agree with most people... It is a must-do once in a while, but I don't think it's necessary to do every trip. I wish I would have done it while my girls were younger - but I am glad we finally went. I know the girls think CRT is now on our must-do list - I hate to disappoint them, but I just cannot get myself to pay that much for a meal... They would have to pay for half again if they wanted to do that.

Quote:
where are A's pictures?!?!?
I asked her last night at dinner, and she just got annoyed with me, so I didn't ask again... But I told her I'd like to post them in my TR - and she told me they were her pictures...

Quote:
glad you made it in time. that is a bit scary. yet don't you think there would be a way to contact the restaurant Hey it's me D~ ya know the celebrity? yeah i am kinda stuck on this monorail and going to be a bit late. Don't believe me? tell Cindy to look out the castle window and wave Yeah yeah.. That's me waving at you... Yep Your welcome... Huh what's that? Oh sure i will sign autographs for you when i get there.. Ya know i am a hot shot round these parts..
Hahaha, that would end up being one of those blank stare moments. LOL Seriously - you all are the only ones who know who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Wow, how frustrating to have to RUN for that ADR! We had a moment like that on our 2011 trip when we waited for a MK bus for 45 minutes, with a Luau ADR. So glad you made it in time, though! Yes, I remember how special this dinner was to V. She worked hard for it, glad she enjoyed it!
I was super relieved that we made it... but I was really annoyed that we looked like crap for our photo. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
So glad you guys got to spend a good amount of time with Suzi...and why does it not surprise me that she is one of those "always prepared" kind of friends? She just happened to have three extra ponchos??? That is AWESOME!
I am so glad too... We tried to make a point of meeting up a few times before she left - and I am so glad we did. It was so fun to have so many great friends down there with us.

And yes, Suzi is one of those "always prepared" friends... Let's not forget the charager she borrowed me too... Suzi totally saved the day that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Awesome pics!
Thanks!!! I am sure the ones on Alli's camera are much better, but she hasn't put them on the computer yet - if she had, I would steal them for my TR. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Phew, glad you made it to CRT. Double YEAH to V for earning the money to pay for half of that meal.
Yes, she was very proud of herself! And I was very proud of her too - it was a nice goal for her to achieve.

Quote:
Glad the waiter was not assigned to Photopass duty. Too bad because that is another great picture (minus the blurriness). The one with Cindy is great too. Love your bling!!!!
No kidding... Although - with how some of our PP pictures turned out, I wouldn't be surprised. Sigh. Thanks - I loved all of our bling!

Quote:
I ate there for the first time on my brother's trip this past January (oh, my poor children have never gotten to eat in the castle). My mom and I both had the Gnocchi and LOVED it.
I hope you get to eat there once with the kids... My only wish is that we would have done it while the girls were younger.

Quote:
I hope Suzi charged you big bucks for those ponchos. How fun that you were all able to meet up and do some touring together. Plus getting to see Erin and V at the castle and Taryn (briefly) on your way off the monorail.
She didn't LOL... And she even helped me when I got stuck in mine... It was so fun to meet all of my Diser friends - both old and new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
Okay long time lurker!!! So much fun, I've read your PTRs and been reading this TR and have to finally say I LOVE it! Reading about your trip is so much fun! I just began sewing (total newbie) you are my inspiration!
Welcome!!! I am glad you are enjoying yourself!

Yay for starting to sew! When I first started, I figured it would be my next new "phase" - to my surprise (and Josh's) - it's the first thing I have ever done that I've stuck with... I think it's because I continually get to be creative. I hope you are enjoying yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Oh the suspense in this TR.

Glad V got to have her just rewards for doing so well on her lanyards.
Me too! It was a fun reward for her to earn!

Quote:
We are at 2.5 weeks and my pre-vacation stress has kicked in. Too much to do, too many bills to pay and not enough time or energy. But your pictures makes me remember that it will be all worth it. Blissful peace of mind, if only for a week, will do wonders.

DH looked at me last night and went "You're not going to be able to make a new purse."
"In two weeks? Sure I can. Remember I did last years the two days before we left!" I replied.
He gave me one of those looks and asked, "Do you even have materials picked out?"
"-Uhm, not exactly."

So now I HAVE to get the purse done.
Hahaha... 2.5 weeks! EEK!!! You can do this Ruth! I know you can - you HAVE to, just to prove to DH that you can! LOL

Quote:
Anyway, good luck getting back in the swing of things in your sewing room and however long it takes, I'll be waiting for those life affirming pictures!
Aww, thanks!!! Today is applique day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
I love V's skirt.

You look so fetching wearing your fascinator.
Thanks! V helped make it - by the end - she was sick of sewing again. Sigh.

Thanks - I loved my headbands... There was one I had with me that I forgot to wear... Oh well - then I will have a new one for our next trip.

Quote:
II don't want to leave Alli out, so she looks lovely as well.
Awww... Thanks!

Quote:
IWhat did you girls think of New Fantasyland? Did it live up to all of the hype?
It is neat - for sure. But it's so hard to really get a feel for it, since the mine Ride is still a HUGE chunck of construction and takes up the whole center. The details in the finished portions are crazy amazing! And I love it so far! I still wish they would have found a way to make Minnie and Mickey's house part of the plan - because they are just classic. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSpaceshipEarth View Post
Your account of literally RUNNING to your ADR is all-too familiar. In fact, I'm seriously considering cutting waaaaay back on them. We usually have an ADR for every day we are at Disney, but this last trip in July found us rushing to empty restaurants. Cinderella's Royal Table was the only table service where it seemed we needed one...all of the others where not necessary. We were shocked at our dinner at 5PM at the Sci-Fi where it was half empty! And, boy, did we rush to make it to that...and don't even get me started at the nightmare of rushing to Fulton's at DD...
I agree - there were a lot of restaurants that we ate in which were half empty. I kind of expected that though, since I did an adr search a few days before we left, and there was still a ton open. However, we do tend to eat at odd-ball times, so we are used to eating in half empty restaurants. LOL

I like having a lot of sit down meals - especially in the heat - it's nice to have a reprieve from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
As usual it's lots of fun reading your post and checking out the pictures. I have always wanted to dine at CRT...maybe one day...maybe if I ever get to go for a honeymoon (OH wait...I have to get engaged and then married for that to happen).
Your day will come- I am sure of it!

Quote:
Rushing is never fun...sorry that happened to you...but so glad that you made it...especially for V's sake! She worked hard to earn that meal!
It was such a relief to barely make it on time - but we were so HOT and SWEATY from running, and our photo turned out horrible.

Quote:
I'll just be hanging around waiting for the next update...
Hahaha... Hopefully you won't be waiting long - I'd like to have another update this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
D~ you do know how to tell a story! Leave us in suspenders.....
Hahaha... I love ya Tess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Charlie and I are getting ready to leave, just finishing up dinner. We didn't want to get stuck in rush hour traffic, but its about time to get on the road. This time tomorrow we will be finishing up dinner at Tony's. I did book a lunch at LTT based on your recommendation for their Freedom pasta!
YAY!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! I cannot wait to see all of your pictures and see how your costumes turned out... I bet everyone will LOVE them!

And I hope you have a wonderful lunch at LTT - it is our all time favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Lived the updates. I will do a proper reply,when I am at the computer. I'm still keeping my leg up so using the iPad and it is so not conducive for the dis. It's eaten my reply 2 times noW.
We have been thinking of you lots Erin... The girls have asked about you and how you are doing several times. I sure hope you are getting better?

Quote:
Love your updates and how well you write they are jus so fun to read
LOL - thank you - I just write how I talk - which is probably too much. Hahhaha

Quote:
I will definitely add LTT to our ADR list nextti,e (if there is a next time) it looks good!
It is so worth it - it's definately different from all the other restaurants in Disney, I think that's why we love it so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycat View Post
Thank you for the info on the PP+. I am also a tightwad - so this will make me motivated to work on it steadily. I didn't realize that you could do fancy stuff (I assume for free? since we are both...frugal) with the PP+. Now I am even more happy that I splurged for it.
Yes, all of the edits are free... However, the PP photographers in the park were sure to tell me that we would only be allowed to add 4 edits to each photo now... Which is not the case for me - I've been able to add as many as I would like - however, they just switched over to the new website yesterday - so I have a feeling the limit of 4 goes into effect on the new website. Since I started my edits on the old website - I am able to continue to do them there.

The best part about the PP+ is honestly the ride photos, and most importantly the photos you get with your meals. Each one of those meal photos are $36/ea - when you show them your PP+ card, they just hand you all those pictures... We came home with 6 dining photo packages x 36 = $216 worth of photo packages... And then we get a CD with all of our regular photopass pictures on it... Well worth the cost - IMO. It is one of our biggest and most used souvenirs each trip. I do make a point of stopping for each PP person I see though - however - this last trip, there were many fewer than normal, and it was always so hot to stop - so I didn't get nearly as many photos as normal. But I love coming home to edit them and relive the fun we had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
D~ So glad you made it to CRT, you just re confirmed to me about Not staying at a monorail resort. I could make it on my ECV but poor Bob since he is stubborn and refuses to rent himself an ECV would be pulling up the rear between his knee, hip, and back
Me too...

I am sure you and Bob will have a wonderful trip, no matter where you stay. After all - it's Disney.

Quote:
[We ate at CRT years ago when it was King Stephens Banquet and I keep thinking about eating there again but the $$$ is hard to swallow.
I agree completely - that $$ is very hard to swollow... I can't do it. LOL

Quote:
[Love all the pictures especially from Lil Mermaid which was open last November but we skipped it since Bob did not want to go on it we don't do many attractions now that we are "old" lol
It is a very neat ride - very classic Disney. If you ever go, and it's a short line - I would certainly ride.

Quote:
[Hope the girls school days are going well and your first day back at work too!
So far, so good... Thank you!

Quote:
[I need to make a run to Target either today or early next week.
I love shopping at Target - but everyone knows that. LOL

I don't have much to update about our day yesterday... It was quite boring. LOL

I worked at Target... I love working this time of year, things start to pick up and we are always busy... It starts with back to school, then immediately into Halloween, then we are in the holiday shopping season... So it's a lot of fun to work at Target then.

The girls walked over to Target after school yesterday. Now that they are both in the High School - it's only a few blocks. I don't love it though, because they have to cross a major highway... Josh tells me I am way too over protective, and I need to start letting go a little bit now, because they are getting older and they are good kids. But my mind always goes to thinking the worst... So, I did let them walk... but it was difficult.

Both girls had a ton of homework last night... Alli is doing Honors English and Honors Geography... She was enrolled to do Honors Spanish too - but for some reason didn't have that class on her schedule? Which is OK - I think that having 2 honors classes this year is enough for her... She loves her teachers and loves her classes so far.

Victoria also had homework last night... I think she is enjoying the freedom that is High School. I also think it will be very helpful for her to finally have a few elective classes that she picked herself and actually ENJOYS... I am praying this school year goes easier for her. It has been a struggle every year, and every year I pray it's different... I pray the same thing this year.

We came home and I made frozen pizzas for dinner...

Then I had one of my monthly meetings - which ran late... I was so tired and completely useless for the last half of the meeting - which isn't good, since I am the secretary.

Josh and I came home and went straight to bed.

Today will be a full day in my sewing room... I get to applique all day - The applique process is my favorite part of bag making - so I am looking forward to getting back to it.

Today's out-take...

I hope you all have a wonderful day today... To my traveling Dis friends - I wish you all safe and FUN trips!!!

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 09-05-2013 at 07:25 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #138
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

HEY!!!! Took me a while but I'm here... Love it, can't wait for more..

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #139
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Enjoying reading your TR and, of course, all about your bags! You are very talented.

Christine

Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #140
DMGeurts

Day 2 Part D

What to do? What to do?

I left you all yesterday with us trying to decide what we wanted to do next...

Our options were meeting the Fairies, meeting Belle or Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor...

While they were all deciding - I ran to the restroom, when I came out - Victoria was in line to meet Gaston. Again - she was the last in line, but she was going to get her pillowcase signed.

After that, we decided to split up and meet at the dessert party later.

Suzi and clan went one way, the girls and I went another.

Again, I was not feeling well.

The girls and I lined up for the Fairies. The posted line wait was 55+ minutes. It was a really sucky wait - the building was air conditioned, so that was a plus, but the floors were concrete and just standing there doing nothing was really hard on my feet. On top of not feeling well... Well, it wasn't much fun.

Finally - after an hour in a slow moving line - we were able to meet Vidia and Tink. Vidia was very funny - and it was neat to meet her.

I am sorry I don't have any pictures of Tink on my personal camera... Like I said, I wasn't feeling well this night, and I was just trying to get through it - since we still had a big event to do.

After we met Tink, it was time to make our way to the Dessert Party. Suzi and clan were already there and seated. The girls and I had been looking forward to the Dessert Party for months!

We were let in, and found Suzi and clan - we had GREAT seats!

The girls and I loaded up on desserts... I am pretty sure I grabbed one of everything. I was hoping that after I ate something, I would feel a little better.

As it turns out Erin and little V had the table right next to ours. Little Victoria came to the party with gifts for each of the kids... So very thoughtful. I have to admit I was a little embarassed, as I did not have anything to give out... I like to think I am thoughtful - but sometimes I am not. Little Victoria gave each of the girls and Bradey a trading pin that she picked out herself, and then she went around the ENTIRE area and gave each person a glow bracelet! Just so sweet! Not to mention her ADORABLE outfit for the occasion! She was just so sweet!

It wasn't long after, I really started to feel ill... Then Alli mentioned to me that she wasn't feeling well either. Uh-oh... Suzi leaned over to me, and said she wouldn't be upset at all if we had to leave... Once she gave me permission... That was it... We had to go. Thank you Suzi for doing that for us... I felt horrible... This was THE night we had all been looking so forward to, and I didn't want to miss it for the world. You all have no idea how upset I was over leaving, but we had to go at that moment - or we wouldn't get out of there for hours.

The girls and I bolted as quickly as we could. The crowd on Main Street was something I have never experienced in my life! We avoid Main Street during parades and fireworks, so when we stepped out of the Dessert Party - there was NOTHING that prepared me for the sight of all those people. How in the world were we going to get out of there?

So, I led the way... The girls and I made a chain... V held my bag strap, and Alli held her's... And we just made our way to the front of the park... Stepping over people, weaving through people, in and out of shops... As fast as we could. Insanity!

Finally - we made it out of the park... I wasn't sure we were going to make it to the busses... I honestly thought I was going to be sick right there, and Alli didn't look much better. I was so worried - our first full park day had ended in total and utter demise. My worst fears had come true... There we were in Florida, and this time - both Alli and I were sick.

After, what seemed like forever... We made it back to FQ and back to our room... Once back and into the air - I started to feel a little better. I encouraged the girls to prep their clothes for the morning, and I prepped my clothes/bag...

I prayed that this was just a result of the long day, exhaustion and not sleeping well the night before - depending on how we felt in the morning would decide how our day was going to go.

We all fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.

Link to this post's corresponding Photopass Photos & Day 3 Part A

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 09-22-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #141
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

D~ letting go of being over protective is hard and I had boys, I can not imagine having girls in today's world

Enjoy your day of sewing

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #142
DMGeurts

Out-takes

For the last few months, in my PTR - I had been doing random photos every day at the end of my posts from past Disney trips...

I've decided to start doing something fun... Rather than doing past photos every day, I've decided that I will post some of the photos that didn't make the cut for the TR.

I've added the first one to today's post above - so if you missed it (because I forgot to add it this morning...) - head back up there and check it out.

D~
Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #143
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Oh no, there's nothing worse than feeling sick at Disney! I sure hope you guys woke up feeling better the next day.

Crowds sure can be crazy on Main Street around the time of Wishes! I've found that walking all the way through the Emporium seems to help. Of course you guys would have had to make it across the street from the Dessert Pary to get there!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #144
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer

Being sick in Disney is the worst!!! We were there for my son's 10th birthday. I came down with bronchitis and my husband came down with pneumonia! That was the worst. I am loving your trip report. I get to make ADR's on the 21st , I think that I am going to try LTT after reading about your meal!! Have a great day.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #145
sjs314

D~ Oh no how awful that you got ill during the dessert party but glad you all at least you made it back to your room and felt better. Being in the terrible heat of Florida can truly wreck havoc on the body.

And your right those crowds during the Fireworks can be just awful, I am a little worried about this year hopeing they extend the park closing time which helps some when trying to exit

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #146
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

oh no!!!!

hey those are some really nice.....

Elbows..
Old 09-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #147
cogero
DIS Veteran

Aww so sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope it was only the stress of a full day.

I am glad the girls like school so far. I am hoping everything goes well for C on Monday myself. I know when C was put in her art class last year she was so super happy. She loves art.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #148
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
It wasn't long after, I really started to feel ill... Then Alli mentioned to me that she wasn't feeling well either. Uh-oh... Suzi leaned over to me, and said she wouldn't be upset at all if we had to leave... Once she gave me permission... That was it... We had to go. Thank you Suzi for doing that for us... I felt horrible... This was THE night we had all been looking so forward to, and I didn't want to miss it for the world. You all have no idea how upset I was over leaving, but we had to go at that moment - or we wouldn't get out of there for hours.

D~
Oh my goodness! I would have been devastated if this happened to us. I'm a cheapskate, too, and it would have killed me to pay all that money and then not get to see Wishes. I'm glad that you made it back to your room though.

The heat of August would have killed me, too.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #149
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Cute pics!
Old 09-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #150
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

Finally, all caught up again on your TR. It's been a little crazy here! I thought once your child(ren) go off to college things get easier....NOT.

It was so nice of Suzi to allow you to share the Poly for the afternoon before your ADR at CRT. I feel your pain when the monorail wasn't moving. That has happened a few times to us. Thankfully, it wasn't too long of a wait. Unfortunately, you had to make a mad dash for your ADR's.

Glad to hear school is going well for the girls. It's not easy when they don't like their classes etc. I had many days where I had to pray really hard that things would work out. Sending a little pixie dust (and prayers) that everything goes well!

Nothing is worse then getting sick on vacation. I hope you all woke up the next morning ready to go.

I know I forgot lots, but I am multi tasking at work

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: