Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #10
devonsmommy
DIS Veteran

We are recently back from a 10 day trip to the World.
I had two conversations with CMs that were interesting.

The first was a CM at the FP machines by Primeval Whirl. He was specifically stationed by the Magic Band or Fastpass + scanner, not the regular FP machines. I was curious about the bands because we didn't have this on our trip, and I haven't really taken the time to learn about them, etc. So I asked him a few questions. He said that research has found the "average" guest was only getting 2.5 fastpasses a day. So they had to put a limit on the number for the Magicband or Fastpass + and they chose 3 for that reason. During the trip, our party was trying to decide if we would be better off just using the regular FP system vs. having the bands...

The second was a CM at the Poly Concierge desk. We were talking about how now we just scan our room key at the front desk there and it pulls everything up for them. She said that scanner is "the future" and everything will be done with the My Disney Experience/scanner process.

So, who knows if any of that is true, but I can definitely see them doing away with the FP system with the implementation of the Magic Bands. I still heard people on this trip walking up to a line and asking the CM standing at the FP entrance, "What is Fastpass?"

It will be interesting to see what transpires!

COME READ MY TRIP REPORT! Girls Gone Wild 5/4-5/11 or my DINING REPORT! 5/4-5/11 w/ lots of pics!

8/15-24/13 DINING REPORT

October 2014--Wonder!
May 2014--OKW
August 2013--Polynesian, October 2012--Old Key West, May 2012--Animal Kingdom Lodge/Expedition Everest!, March 2012--Disney Magic!, Feb. 2012--Pop, Dec. 2010--Contemporary/Pop, Sept. 2009--Pop, Sept. 2008--POR, June 2004--Vistana
And many trips before!
devonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: