Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for what happened. Thank goodness you and your kids are okay (physically...emotionally I'm sure is a different story). You all NEED this trip, and you WILL have a magical time. Guaranteed!

You can easily spend less than $400 for you & the kids on food at Disney/Universal. That shouldn't be a problem at all, and you should still be able to do at least 1 table service meal.

I'm currently food budgeting a trip for my husband and me (2 Adults) which isn't until next year and here are some examples of what our daily food bill will look like...keep in mind, this is 2 Adults no kids. You will be 1 Adult 2 Kids so your cost will be about the same if not less money if they eat kid's meals.

Breakfast: Resort CS - 1 Kid Platter ($5.99), 1 Bounty Platter ($8.79)
Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ - Chicken Salad ($8.99), Chicken & Ribs ($11.99), 1 Soda to share ($2.59)
Dinner: Yak & Yeti - Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp to share ($26.99), Dim Sum Basket App to share ($13.99), 2 Sodas ($3ea), Fried Wontons Dessert to share ($8.99)

Total cost with tax (6.5%)= $100.45
------
Breakfast: 1 Kid Platter ($5.99), 1 Breakfast Sandwich ($5.99)
Lunch (Late): Liberty Tree Tavern - Colony Salad ($14.49), Pot Roast ($18.99), 2 Sodas ($3ea)
Snack: Cream Cheese Pretzel ($4.99)

Total cost with tax = $59.59
------
Breakfast: 2 Yogurt Parfaits ($4.29ea)
Lunch: Be our Guest - Croque Monsieur to share ($11.19), Potato Leek Soup to share ($4.79)
Dinner (Early): Kona Cafe - Teriyaki Strip Steak ($28.99), Pan Roasted Chicken ($16.99), 2 Sodas ($3ea)

Total cost with tax = $76.54
------

So, there are 3 examples of being able to have 1 TS meal each day. Portions are HUGE at Disney World, and even as adults we cannot eat 3 full meals per day. The smartest tips I have are to fill up at breakfast by getting the Kid's Platters which usually have eggs, bacon/sausage, breakfast potatoes, and I think a small Mickey waffle. Breakfast is the cheapest meal of the day although breakfast buffets are pretty expensive. Buffets would not be a smart use of money for your kids most likely since they can't eat that much. Another tip is to take advantage of them eating kid's meals if they like the options. At counter service locations you can get a kid's meal also if it appeals to you. If you want to treat yourselves and get soda, at counter service locations just buy one and share it! Budget for maybe 1-2 snacks per day to share amongst all three of you. The snacks/desserts are all oversized and are definitely big enough to share.

If you'd like more personal help planning menus & restaurants with your budget, let me know and I'd be happy to help plan specifics for your family w/ the appropriate costs of everything. If you want to do it yourself, visit Allears.net and you can look up current menus & prices of all of the restaurants. You can easily eat comfortably on $400, no problem!

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: