Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #2011
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
As I had hoped, DW days are counted in U.S. EST. So, 9pm on the West Coast, I'm now checked in! No, of course I was not watching the clock, waiting for the minute hand to move...

So I am checked in for my DW vacation which starts in 60 days (59 if you count the travel time, which I am ). And no, there were no customize MB options or FP+. The RUMORS say the WL will be online by November, but I believe Disney is not committing to that date to ensure the system can handle the large number of users as each subsequent resort comes online. If all is going well, I'm hoping to receive my MB invite within the next 30 days. Please!

{Way too excited over a hotel pre-checkin!}
Please post as soon as you get your invite for the MB Invite - your way there is a lot of us wishing for these....
Old 09-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #2012
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Today is our resort day,we closed MK down last night(this morning) at 3 am. I will check later and get back to you.

I love resort days. What did you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch7977 View Post
Got back last week from our 1st WL stay. (2nd trip to WDW). Thanks to this thread we were well prepared with all the info we needed to make the most of our stay! First of all the resort is even more gorgeous in person than in the pictures online. We got a " Magical upgrade" from our woods view booking to an inner court yard bunk bed room! The kids were thrilled and the view was spectacular! I would post a picture but can't seem to figure out how to do that. We didn't even ask for an upgrade. I loved being able to take the boat for transportation and did not see a problem with the spiders but am glad I didn't know about them until after our trip. I really enjoyed the relaxing boat ride versus the bumpy freezing bus! The food at Roaring Forks was a bit disappointing though. We are not big "foodies" so this was not that big of a deal but expected better quality from a deluxe. Stayed at CSR last time and the Pepper Market was amazing! Kirk at the desk was fantastic and so was Paul our floor housekeeping manager! We truly had a magical vacation and booked the bounce back for next August. I am hooked on the WL and would not want to stay anywhere else. Thanks to you all for all of the wonderful info here and we will enjoy hearing all about your trips this coming year as we wait to go back!
Kirk, the concierge downstairs is a hoot - lots of good stories. So nice you were upgraded. Did they even tell you? Often guests don't know until they open their door or go on the balcony. So glad you already are booked for August. It's great having another trip booked before you leave. Happy planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkarooni View Post
Hello all, wanted to provide an update. We were the ones with people chain smoking on their balcony directly below us. After I called I honestly don't know if the folks below us were fined or what, however we have sat outside several times and have not had any further problems.

I did want to share some positive info too. I am gluten free and I have found most places in Disney to be very accomodating. By far the most helpful folks have been Roaring Forks. Each day they call a manager who personally makes my meal. Gluten free bread which they have made me a breakfast sandwich, gluten free batter for fresh waffles or pancakes. All prepared fresh, hot and safe and personally handed to me by manager. Takes them about 8 minutes to accomodate me. Excellent.

Pool has been ridiculously crowded, truly isn't big enough for lodge and villas. We have found boat transportation to be prompt and after our first day with housekeeping we requested they come early, we were back in room today by 2:00 and it was clean.

Tonight Whispering Canyon for dinner, weather has been touch and go in the evenings, we're trying to stay dry tonight....and DD wants to ask for ketchup.
Glad you've had some improvement in your stay. Have you tried the VWL pool? It is jetted, much quieter and often empty. It's lovely over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
Yes, the food was outstanding, easily the best CL food we've had so far.

I've been regretting posting about the spiders -- last thing I want to do is cause a panic....you know what is funny, though? I did find the thread where someone else had posted about it (they posted about the boat between MK and TTC, I think) and I had actually posted within that thread lol. I guess I indeed did block it right out of my head -- just one of those things I'd rather forget about I guess. For anyone worried, our experience was probably just a matter of bad timing. We hit it exactly when those flying bugs came out combined with hot sticky weather.

In any event, our next trip will most likely be next Easter. It's unfortunate because we love October in Disney, but it's getting harder to go during school months with my girls in 5th grade now and also competitive gymnastics.
Yes, kids in school do generally dictate the schedule and mine never wants to miss, so that's out of the question. Easter is more crowded and expensive, but the weather is great and there's F&G. Our spring break falls over Easter, too, so I know it's not ideal, but it is a chance to go to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
As I had hoped, DW days are counted in U.S. EST. So, 9pm on the West Coast, I'm now checked in! No, of course I was not watching the clock, waiting for the minute hand to move...

So I am checked in for my DW vacation which starts in 60 days (59 if you count the travel time, which I am ). And no, there were no customize MB options or FP+. The RUMORS say the WL will be online by November, but I believe Disney is not committing to that date to ensure the system can handle the large number of users as each subsequent resort comes online. If all is going well, I'm hoping to receive my MB invite within the next 30 days. Please!

{Way too excited over a hotel pre-checkin!}

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
So looking forward to reading all about your upcoming plans.
Well, it's just my TR from my August trip. I don't do PTRs since this thread sort of loosely functions like one for me. I hope that everyone feels the same way

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680 View Post
12 more days until we leave for Disney! 9 more working days, Ugh
You can make it! You'll be there in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Thanks so much.....I'm 94 days out from our trip - and I have buterflies in my stomach of anticipation of our first trip to WDW and to stay at WL - I CAN NOT WAIT - this board has helped me soo much!!!!
The DISboards are a great way to plan and anticipate your WDW trip. I hope you get your MBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrabuck View Post
Checking in on 10/29 for a 10 day stay. Just did my daily check of my reservations when I clicked on FP+ I didn't get the standard pop up message. Instead it took me to the FP+ page with a list of 5 days then got a message "We're Sorry! The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

I thought it was interesting to see something different then the usual pop up. Could this mean that maybe WL could be included in the test as well?

I also remember reading about others that have gotten this message. Can anyone point me in the right direction on the forum. Did those with this message eventually get opened up to select FP+ times? Or does anyone have anymore information on this message?
I get the same thing and we don't arrive until December. Maybe it will work closer to your stay and if/when WL is testing MBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Never did like the first day of school...

But trip report....

Head over to the Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies section and there are more Magic Band and FP+ threads than you'll ever be able to keep track of.
Great suggestion on checking out those other great threads. Even as a teacher, I was glad when the first day-week was over. It's rough for everyone, kind of like the last day at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Stopping in to join..

I am an OLD WL Vet from the days of Roy.. But I just upgraded our stay in November from AKL to WL Club Level!! I am so excited! Love a good AP rate!!
Not OLD, just a WL Vet. and pull up a rocker. How exciting that the AP rate allowed you to upgrade to the OFC. Have you stayed there before? If not, you are in for a real treat!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #2013
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Nope.. I have never stayed in CL.. So it's a first. We have been to WL several times.. The last was in February in 2113 (one of my favorites
Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #2014
stitch7977
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="WDWKOOK;49468698"]
:faint

Kirk, the concierge downstairs is a hoot - lots of good stories. So nice you were upgraded. Did they even tell you? Often guests don't know until they open their door or go on the balcony. So glad you already are booked for August. It's great having another trip booked before you leave. Happy planning

Was not told we were upgraded I just knew when the cast member circled our room location on the map that it was inner courtyard and not a woods view room. The bunk bed was a total surprise!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #2015
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Nope.. I have never stayed in CL.. So it's a first. We have been to WL several times.. The last was in February in 2113 (one of my favorites
You're going to love the OFC. The views, the staff and manager, the lounge offerings...makes for a perfect vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch7977 View Post
Was not told we were upgraded I just knew when the cast member circled our room location on the map that it was inner courtyard and not a woods view room. The bunk bed was a total surprise!
What a great way to start out your vacation and to the DIS and our little Lincoln Log thread.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #2016
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Can anyone tell me if they have brought Joffrey Coffe to WL?? I know AKL has it and BWI had it last weekend when I was there... But not sure if they have converted WL

Also, I have a request in for bunk beds.. D any CL rooms with bunks face toward MK?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #2017
Smposchman
WDW Birthday! 40?? EEK!

We booked our April vacation! We are staying it WL Club level - I am so super duper excited. This is the 2nd WDW trip for our daughter (6 at time of travel) and we are so excited! We will be staying for a few days off property to got to Universal and Sea World, which she will be so excited about - since they advertise non-stop on the Disney Channel. And I will finally get a chance to go to Hogwarts .... um, I mean Universal.

Pre-Trip Report - Impromptu Trip
Old 09-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #2018
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I had to work late yesterday to get everything caught up - but I'm here! I have the exact same room I have had on my last two WL trips. I haven't specifically requested it, but maybe requesting an enclosed balcony has something to do with it. I guess it's good that it's a location I really like. I like the enclosed balcony for the privacy and the extra protection from the afternoon rains. I'm off to MK to enjoy my first dinner at BOG, so it should be a good day!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #2019
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also, I have a request in for bunk beds.. D any CL rooms with bunks face toward MK?
Yes, there is at least one club level bunk bed room facing MK. This is a picture of the view:

It is from the first page of this thread and Mousemommy1 took it.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #2020
Raya
Mouseketeer

Anyone who's there now...

We leave in 14 days () and I'm already dreaming about next year's trip. Is there a bounce back offer in the rooms? If so, what is it?

And tell the WL staff to prepare for the onslaught.

Oh one more thing, I call with room requests (high floor, view, etc.) 7 days before, right? So calling today wouldn't do any good?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #2021
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
We leave in 14 days () and I'm already dreaming about next year's trip. Is there a bounce back offer in the rooms? If so, what is it?

And tell the WL staff to prepare for the onslaught.

Oh one more thing, I call with room requests (high floor, view, etc.) 7 days before, right? So calling today wouldn't do any good?
My opinion is it is good to get requests in ASAP to have them noted in your reservation. There is no way to really know when the room assignor will make the assignments, but 7 days out seems pretty late. Good luck!

Also I've seen on other posts that the bounceback is for free dining next year, but I am not sure of the exact dates.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #2022
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Sorry, this is the first chance I have had to post. We arrived in Orlando on Friday morning about 1:30 at the Residence Inn at Sea World and all settled down to sleep about 2am, I woke up at 4:30 with a furious stomach virus and I was done until Saturday morning.

We didn't make it to Sea World, we left the RI and headed to WL about 10:30, I think, I was so out of it, I'm not really sure. Our room was ready, thank goodness and I don't know what I would have done if we hadn't been OFC, they kept me hooked up with Sprite, even when the lounge was closed. My husband went off to the car shows and came back sick and they hunted him down some Motrin. WL CL staff was truly a blessing and I have every intention of writing a letter to let Disney know how much they went above and beyond the call of duty.

We hit DHS and Epcot on Saturday and MK on Sunday. DH and I stayed at MK until about 1:30am and my friend's DH closed them down at 3am. We checked out on Monday and went to DTD for a few hours before the long drive home. I am back at work now and it doesn't even feel like I've been anywhere. I want a do over without the illness. I didn't even get to go to the pool or enjoy any of the activities the resort had to offer, sucks to get sick on vacation. We had room 7062 with a beautiful view of the CR and I could hear the fireworks from the bed on Friday night, but didn't get up to watch, now I wish I had.

Dh and I are hoping to go back fro Christmas 2014. Until then, I will have to live vicarioously through all my Dis friends.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #2023
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

anyone have the answer about Joffery coffee?? I hate Nescrap machines
Old 09-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #2024
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
anyone have the answer about Joffery coffee?? I hate Nescrap machines
Are you talking about in the CL Lounge? I didn't see a coffee machine, it was in a caraffe, but I don't know what brand it was, I never drank any on this trip.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #2025
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Are you talking about in the CL Lounge? I didn't see a coffee machine, it was in a caraffe, but I don't know what brand it was, I never drank any on this trip.
Well..if it's downstairs and in the rooms, I think it would be upstairs. We had it in July in the AKL room pods but Mara had the Nescafe still..then the day we left, they swapped out the machines for Joffrey
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: