Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #11
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylfitz View Post
Yeah, but nobody on this board was there. No question the parents could have been negligent, but it doesn't mean that they were. Short of handcuffing your kids to your wrist, you can't control every move they make all the time. Turn your back for 10 seconds and a tragic accident can happen. 99.999999% of the time it doesn't, but I personally don't feel right passing blame on the parents without knowing the whole story. There is a chance that they simply lost track of the kid for 5 or 10 seconds (even if they were on the balcony with them) and a tragic accident happened. It could happen to anyone. Not saying that is what happened here, but since I wasn't there, I won't take it upon myself to judge them.
While that is all true, a parent is responsible for keeping their 6 year old child safe. If you are going to allow your child unsupervised access to a balcony then its your job as a parent to make sure they can't "just fall off" it. How hard is it to look at the furniture on the balcony and say to yourself "that doesn't look safe if little Johnny is out here by himself". I don't claim to be perfect but even at our stay at the Beach Club on the 5th floor last week I had that thought. My kids are much older so they know not to climb on tables but it still didn't stop the parent in me from thinking how easy it could be for one of them to fall over the railing
And while it could happen to anyone, it doesn't change the fact that someone would still be at fault.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: