Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #16
dcibrando
DIS Veteran

If I were Disney... I would not want to do anything to shoot myself in the foot when catering to the frequent annual passholder visitors
dcibrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #17
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

Until we hear this from Disney, or a more reliable Disney source, seems hard to believe, particularly since (as PPs note) it is contrary to things Disney has released on MDE and FP+

But, as many will recall, there were similar arguments about EMH and locals or offsite guests. Yet EMH is still only for on-property (plus S/D and Hilton) right?
HelenParr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Seems highly unlikely.
Haven't there been reports of new fast pass stations at attractions that hadn't had them before?
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #19
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

I don't think the standard fast pass is in danger just yet...

But I'm curious... Why would they "lose money" if it did?
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #20
KSUWildcat
Earning My Ears

Honestly, I don't see why Disney WOULDN'T give on-site visitors a leg up over off-site. I mean, people staying on-site ARE paying more. So why shouldn't they get better privileges?

KSUWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #21
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUWildcat View Post
Honestly, I don't see why Disney WOULDN'T give on-site visitors a leg up over off-site. I mean, people staying on-site ARE paying more. So why shouldn't they get better privileges?
I agree. The local AP holder pops in to visit the parks but they aren't paying for resort stays or dining or souvenirs. They are crowding the parks and using the FP and not really bringing in any $$$ for the mouse. Non-resort guests should have to purchase the FP+ like they do at Universal.
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
thunderbug548
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
I agree. The local AP holder pops in to visit the parks but they aren't paying for resort stays or dining or souvenirs. They are crowding the parks and using the FP and not really bringing in any $$$ for the mouse. Non-resort guests should have to purchase the FP+ like they do at Universal.
They do have special privileges. They are the EMH and the dining plan. And yes, local AP holders do buy souvenirs and food and do stay on property. I really don't understand where the hate comes from for locals. Yes, we get discounts. If I went to your local amusement park I wouldn't whine because you got a discount and I didn't. FL is a tourist state and it's not necessarily year round so Disney needs/wants to fill the parks. And we are here to help do just that! Year round!
Ds Ian 5/05
DD Bella 3/08

~CSR Nov 2006, Poly Feb 2007, POFQ Sept 2007
thunderbug548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #23
disneyfreak33
DIS Veteran

I will put this in the utter nonsense category.

Sorry to say but Disney is all about money why would they do something like this to shortchange themselves.

You can put this rumor in with a grain of salt.
disneyfreak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #24
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUWildcat View Post
Offsite visitors often pay more for passes and food. No free dining for these people! They don't get the many extras already given to onsite guests so why should they pay for passes that don't provide the same benefits?

It really works both ways. I can see paying more for FP+ but I can't see completely excluding them.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #25
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

FP+, EMH, transport, these are all on-site benefits.
If I can get FP+ and FP with on-site, I'm perfectly happy.
If the non-onsite people can get FP but not FP+, I'm perfectly happy.

Honestly, if the non-onsite people can get FP and FP+ but we get to keep the original EMH (3 hours, etc) I'd be perfectly happy.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

If they canned non-resort fastpass...it would not lead to mass boycotts, rally's where annual passes are burned, or honestly probably nothing more than a statistical glitch in the short or
Long term.

Wdw has not suffered a statistical backlash
From the consumers in 40 years...it's not gonna start now. They're insulated.

Fl residents are gonna go (griping or not), annual passholders are still gonna renew, and it might even drive the demand for on property rooms up (and prices with it)

I'm not stating anything but the obvious here.

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 09-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #27
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Could one of you AP holders advise me if APs run from 1/1 to 12/31 or if they run from purchase date to anniversary?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #28
wlmfoster
Earning My Ears

No way

Though resort guests are obviously a "rapt audience", DS would not do anything to segregate any sector of the market. IF you have a paper ticket the first opportunity to schedule any MDE passes are at the park. Lots of luck. I think there still has to be a mechanism for the walk up crowd to experience the guaranteed FP. The whole purpose of the fast pass is locking in those "must dos" so you have time to relax and spend $$$$. They need to create this free time for everyone in the park and the old FP is the best way to do it. Also, the infrastructure is already there. What I could see them doing is increasing the flexibility/number of FP+s for the resort guests (let's face it, they are shelling a ton of $$$ to stay on property). My thoughts.
wlmfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
Could one of you AP holders advise me if APs run from 1/1 to 12/31 or if they run from purchase date to anniversary?
Anniversary

Old 09-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #30
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
An AP runs for one full year from the date it is activated. You can buy an AP voucher, and wait to activate it until you get to WDW. If you buy a voucher on January 1, 2014, you don't make it to WDW for the first time that year until March 1, 2014, and don't activate the AP until March 2, 2014 (when you want to go into a park for the first time), then March 2, 2014 is your AP anniversary date. The pass is good through March 2, 2015 (meaning you can use the pass on March 2, 2015, but not on March 3, 2015).

As for the C&C article, it's pure garbage. There's absolutely no evidence to support their claims. I guess Chip must have noticed traffic dropping a bit, and needed to generate an excuse for people to visit the site. The claims it makes are contrary to multiple public statements to the contrary about FP+ (and Magic Bands) being made available to off-site guests as well as on-site guests once the program goes live, made by high level Disney execs including both Tom Staggs and Bob Iger. Not to mention that the supposed go live date is completely ridiculous - there is still testing scheduled through most of the month of October.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: