Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Dis703
DIS Veteran

POFQ or Pop

We are booked at Pop for this November for 4 nights, 5 days just me and my 5 year old DS. The entire family went in the Spring to BC and we will be back next spring again and likely stay at either POR or WL that trip. I chose Pop for our mommy and me trip mainly to keep costs down.

Of course AP rates came out today and I'm comparing and POFQ is $217 more (for GV, no standard available). It's not like we don't have the money to upgrade but I'm trying to decide if its worth it to do. The only real plus I see is the boat to DTD and from what I've read the possible option of catching ME at DTD for PO guests. My concern is we stayed at POFQ 3 years ago and the busses and sharing with POR was pretty crappy. I have heard Pop has their own buses and have read mostly positive reviews on their transportation.

I don't want to spend an extra $200 and have the increase mean more wasted time on travel to and from parks.

Anyone stayed at both and have any input?

TIA!

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
lazer
Mouseketeer

I haven't stayed at both, but have stayed at Pop as toured POFQ. I'd say since you already know you'll be staying in a mod or better on the next trip, book Pop.

Our son loves Pop and the pools and large "statues" are great. It's nice to be able to walk to AOA and see it too. Plus, I think the two best food courts on property are AOA and POP.

And, we LOVE the busses at POP. Might take a little longer to get to some parks because of location, but you get on...And the bus doesn't stop until you're at the park. Very efficient!
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

POP!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
disneycraz
Mouseketeer

We love Pop, so my vote is for Pop!
disneycraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
2kidsForMe
Dreams of being a Guest without a Bag

I would save the money and book at Pop. My kids and I just got back from a week long trip to POR. We were originally booked at Pop and I over thought it and switched at the last minute. We never really used the amenities that POR offered, and only went to Downtown Disney once. Kids didn't care about the water slide or hot tub. Full sized beds would have been just fine since my DH wasn't with us. The Port Orleans resorts are beautiful, but I think we prefer the fun atmosphere of the values, especially for a mom and me trip.

Nov "13 Pop & ASSP/Aug '13 POR/July '13 ASMo/April '13 Aulani/Nov '12 CSR/Jun '12 poly/Feb '12 DLR/Aug '11 CBR & Pop/Jan '11 ASMu/Aug '10 ASMu/Jan '10 FW/Aug '09 FW/Jan '09 ASMu/Aug '08 CSR/Feb '08 offsite/Aug '08 POR/April '08 FW/Oct '07 FW/May '05 WL/Dec '04 & 11/03 offsite/Nov '01 DTD/Aug '99 EuroDisney
2kidsForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
pinkfairyy2180
Earning My Ears

POFQ is really good and very small resort
pinkfairyy2180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: