Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Online Check-In Confirmation

Hi guys!

Back when we were faxing in our requests (remember that? not that long ago, eh?....we've come a looooong way in a short time), we used to call the resort to confirm receipt shortly afterwards and then again 30 days before.

Now that we are using online check-in, does anyone call to confirm that they received the requests? And if so, what's the proper amount of time before your arrival date?

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Nope, but I also make sure my requests are on my actual reservation. Also, the public numbers for the resorts only go to a call center so they can only see what is on the reservation anyway.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Hmmm - I just checked MDE and the requests were not listed anywhere on my resort reservation. Maybe I should call to confirm my online check-in anyway.

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

Old 09-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRawkSteady View Post
Hmmm - I just checked MDE and the requests were not listed anywhere on my resort reservation. Maybe I should call to confirm my online check-in anyway.
I can save you the trouble & a phone call I just got off the phone and paid the balance due ....for tomorrow anyway CM confirmed that while I was not " seeing" it on MDE ( I'm testing ) he most certainly did and repeated what was on the request
Old 09-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

No but it's rare that I do requests other than high floor.

I don't do online checkin much either. I wait and check in when I'm there because it's easier to switch rooms if you don't like where they are putting you as I discovered on one of my trips.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

thanks Luvchefmic!!

And GaSleepingBeautyFan, this is my first time using online check-in..I hope I'm not disappointed! We're just getting in really early, so I thought it was my best bet on having a room ready. Next time, I may plan differently though.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRawkSteady View Post
thanks Luvchefmic!!

And GaSleepingBeautyFan, this is my first time using online check-in..I hope I'm not disappointed! We're just getting in really early, so I thought it was my best bet on having a room ready. Next time, I may plan differently though.
Just to follow up with you I had done on-line checkin like I said & I had 2 requests: early room ready for check in & a particular bldg Well I was fully settled into my room in the bldg I wanted, with a breakfast to go from the food court all by 8:25 AM Only needed minutes at the front desk May it go as well for you I will ALWAYS do on-line check in in the future
Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

So conflicted about this. I started the online check in process but it didn't really give that many options for special requests. Just--"do you want a higher floor, a lower floor", etc. I then pushed cancel. Is there another page later that lets you actually type in more specific requests? And yes, I know they are just requests. Thanks!
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
So conflicted about this. I started the online check in process but it didn't really give that many options for special requests. Just--"do you want a higher floor, a lower floor", etc. I then pushed cancel. Is there another page later that lets you actually type in more specific requests? And yes, I know they are just requests. Thanks!
honestly I forget I did it as soon as was allowed by the site , there must be, try it again as I do remember putting in the 2 requests and before it was completed it questioned if I could only have one which would it be.?..something to that effect...I opted for the early check-in, but did luck out and got both
Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

Yeah, I guess we will just check in when we get there. We have the magic band test thing and we don't have theme park passes yet so lots of questions.
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is there another page later that lets you actually type in more specific requests?
No, there's not. That's why it is always best to call and have any requests added to your reservation. Then if you do online check in, you can just skip the requests section.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Online check-in is not the place to put requests; they should be noted on your reservation from the time that you first place to the ressie until about five days before you check-in when the ressies roll over to the resort.

Online check-in will give you a limited number of options, and will "trump" your original reservation requests.

I have been told by multiple CM's on the phone placing reservations over the past two years, if you have requests, you should wait and check-in at the resort.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Online check-in is not the place to put requests; they should be noted on your reservation from the time that you first place to the ressie until about five days before you check-in when the ressies roll over to the resort.

Online check-in will give you a limited number of options, and will "trump" your original reservation requests.

I have been told by multiple CM's on the phone placing reservations over the past two years, if you have requests, you should wait and check-in at the resort.
Yes you're right I DID put the requests on the original reservation ( which I made on line) I stand corrected But that last sentence, I don't doubt what you are saying I just think the CMs on the phone haven't got a clue..following that advice I would not have checked in online and certainly would not have been settled into my room by a little after 8 am
Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Yes you're right I DID put the requests on the original reservation ( which I made on line) I stand corrected But that last sentence, I don't doubt what you are saying I just think the CMs on the phone haven't got a clue..following that advice I would not have checked in online and certainly would not have been settled into my room by a little after 8 am
Actually, I think the advise is right on. If you do online check in, everything is done. It is supposed to be quick. Pick up your stuff and go. If you have requests there is a chance they may not be met. If you are worried about that, then you need to do normal check in so that the CM can spend the time trying to get you the requests. Online check in desk is NOT the place to be doing that. It is supposed to be faster and you would be holding up the line.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #15
karenklo
DIS Veteran

We loved online check in because we were at POFQ, didn't really care where the room was, and we were arriving by 730am. All we wanted was the room ready so we could hit RD at MK and we were there on time thanks to the room being ready! Next year we are at CSR, so I do not know if online will work as well with a bigger resort.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: