Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #46
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Miami stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Who is staying the night before in MIA or FLL? This past Feb, before cruising the Wonder, we stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and it was a great hotel. We did a points + $ reservation (so it was bout $50 out of pocket). But not an option at this time, so might be looking elsewhere.

I could do points+$ at the Conrad, but then I'll have parking fees. If not we might just check out that morning from CSR and drive early (except I'm not a morning person . Looking for something decent but not too expensive, and ideally with breakfast and parking. I plan on parking at the port, so no need for park and cruise deals.

BTW, we drive from NJ (but as I mentioned before more than likely spending xmas at WDW)

TIA.
We are staying in Miami 2 days before at the Marriott. I Marriott Rewards so no out of pocket.
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #47
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Thanks Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Hi everyone and welcome new folks. I have been out of town on business and not keeping up. I will see how many of my group are interested in FE and if they are I will be happy to organize. Sue
Thanks Sue.
I figured something was happening; it is still plenty earlier. There will probably be more people joining in September and October anyway. Just let me know if you want my help on this one. Barb
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #48
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

B2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHCLUBCREW View Post
That's awesome! Same staterooms for all 3?
Have you checked in on the 22nd forum? We have a FB page going and the organizer for FE will get you fixed up there. Check in on the disboards forum for the 22nd and they will take care of you.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #49
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Hey MB, ya might have to help me keep the B2B, and B2B2B straight when we get closer so I don't give the same gift on all 3 cruises lol. I've begun preliminary thinking, buying, and planning for the gifts. I figure when school starts in 3 weeks I can shop and attempt to make some crafty challenged gifts. I have been researching furiously for things even I can make.

Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #50
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

Haven't checked in for a while....I know we still have a ways to go; but as a teacher dealing with summer ending, getting closer to cruise time is my bright spot!! Anyone with kiddos close in age to mine? Boy-10, girl - 6...both would love a pen pal to chat with. We're also interested in participating in the FE. Thanks for organizing!!

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #51
mbluvsthemagic2013
Earning My Ears

Gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
Hey MB, ya might have to help me keep the B2B, and B2B2B straight when we get closer so I don't give the same gift on all 3 cruises lol. I've begun preliminary thinking, buying, and planning for the gifts. I figure when school starts in 3 weeks I can shop and attempt to make some crafty challenged gifts. I have been researching furiously for things even I can make.
No problem. School starts for me next week. I am going to busy! I am teaching 6 classes. Crazy.Traveling from 3 colleges to do so. Plus I am taking a class online. Hubby is the creator. We have already started. But it is a surprise! I can tell you some helpful hints I have seen. Making something small that represents you and your home town with a little Disney is always good. Treats like cookies and teas. Key chains. Kids stuff easy to pick up at Walmart, target or other chain stores. Compact first aid kits have been given out. Small beach items like lip balm and pocket sunscreen and or hand sanitizer placed in those water proof containers on a string to carry on excursions.

Last edited by mbluvsthemagic2013; 08-15-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling
mbluvsthemagic2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #52
mbluvsthemagic2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtomattclare View Post
Haven't checked in for a while....I know we still have a ways to go; but as a teacher dealing with summer ending, getting closer to cruise time is my bright spot!! Anyone with kiddos close in age to mine? Boy-10, girl - 6...both would love a pen pal to chat with. We're also interested in participating in the FE. Thanks for organizing!!
It is my bright spot too! School starts for me next week and I will be counting down!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #53
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Hello there!

I'm so excited that we have decided to spend holiday's this year on DCL. To make it more exciting, the ship will be new & it will be our first Cruise on the Magic! We would love to join the FE.

Christina (celebrating my 40th)
John, DH
Gabriella, DD 8yrs old.

Let me know if we have a FB page. I am trying to work something out with the cabin, so I will post my cabin number when I have that confirmed.
Thanks!!
CaymanPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #54
mbluvsthemagic2013
Earning My Ears

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanPrincess View Post
Hello there!

I'm so excited that we have decided to spend holiday's this year on DCL. To make it more exciting, the ship will be new & it will be our first Cruise on the Magic! We would love to join the FE.

Christina (celebrating my 40th)
John, DH
Gabriella, DD 8yrs old.

Let me know if we have a FB page. I am trying to work something out with the cabin, so I will post my cabin number when I have that confirmed.
Thanks!!
This will be a great cruise for your first cruise! We will make sure to get you on the FE list.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #55
KimDisney
Earning My Ears

So excited for a Christmas cruise!

We would like to be included in the FE Exchange for this cruise, too. We aren't doing a B2B, jsut the three days. Who do I contact to get on the list?

If there is a FB page, let me know, too! I searched Facebook and didn't see one.

Kim
DH - John
DD - Carly - 9

THANKS!
Disney Wonder - Planned March 2014
Disney Annual Pass Holders for 15 years, live 30 minutes from Disney World!
KimDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #56
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Ok - less than a month for online checking if you are silver... Hoping for an early PAT as well.

We are staying at the Conrad after all and will be driving down from WDW on 12/26. We are going there for xmas 12/22 to 12/26 with FD. For now, staying at CSR, but I did manage to get a reservation for POR - we might have a family member joining us for the land portion. But will kick her back to NJ on 12/26.

Tried to look at options to add her to the cruise, but it's just way too much money - I would have to either switch to a cat 4 (we are booked on a 10B) or get a second inside. Prices are already up as well and we are footing the bill for her. If it wasn't for being able to secure a room for 5 at POR, that would have not happened either...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #57
BEACHCLUBCREW
Earning My Ears

Is there a FE group for this cruise?

Upcoming Cruises:
12/30/13: Magic
12/27/13: Magic

Past Cruises:
6/24/13: Wonder
6/30/12: Fantasy
12/23/10: Wonder
3/28/09: Magic
7/10/04: Magic
BEACHCLUBCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #58
mbluvsthemagic2013
Earning My Ears

Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHCLUBCREW View Post
Is there a FE group for this cruise?
Yes there is a list. Sue is compiling the list. She should be checking in soon, however I am the back up person. We do not have an FB page for this cruise. I will make sure to create the list if Sue cannot by the end of September. I will put a post out for info regarding who is sailing adults children ages and stateroom numbers. Then I will create a draft and post it via a PM. If someone knows how to do the FB page so it is secure that would be great.

Last edited by mbluvsthemagic2013; 09-08-2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #59
mbluvsthemagic2013
Earning My Ears

Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimDisney View Post
We would like to be included in the FE Exchange for this cruise, too. We aren't doing a B2B, jsut the three days. Who do I contact to get on the list?

If there is a FB page, let me know, too! I searched Facebook and didn't see one.

Kim
DH - John
DD - Carly - 9

THANKS!
We will be making the list at then end of September. We will be requesting info before we make the draft. We do not have a FB page but if someone can make one so it is secure it would be great.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #60
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Fe

Hi
Now that we are within 120 days we can look at this project.
Please PM to me the following information and an e-mail address so I can send the list to you. I am not as tecno savey as most so I just do on an excel spread sheet. Include the following info
Dis Name
Cabin number (s)
First names of those participating
Ages - over 18 or actual age if under 18
Allergies
City/State where you are from
Number of DCL Cruises

I suggest a cut off date of 11/15 but if anyone has a suggestion on a different date please let me know.
109 days until this cruise set sail!

Sue
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: