Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #19
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

A Rainy Return

Throughout this cruise, we had been very fortunate with rain. Other than a little drizzle in Skagway, we really hadn't had any rain at all. When the Aleutian Ballad returned to Ketchikan, however, it started raining. It wasn't a downpour, but it was a steady light rain. We pulled our hoods on and headed back to the Wonder. I don't know what the problem was, but we were greeted with a HUGE line to get on the ship. We still had 3 hours in port, but it seemed that everyone was trying to get on at the same time. It was about 5 when we got in line, and we didn't make it onto the ship until a little after 5:30. Of course, waiting wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been raining, but it wasn't fun to wait in the yucky weather. I will interrupt here to say that on port days with a chance of rain, Disney hands out ponchos for free as you are leaving the ship. We didn't use ours, but we did grab one for each of us. We will take them to WDW next time we go. They are the same ponchos they sell in the parks for $7 or 8 dollars, so I was sure to grab them!

Thankfully, our hoods kept us decently dry because we only had ten minutes to change for dinner. We were back in Animator's Palate, and it was the Taste of Alaska menu. I had the Alaskan King Crab Legs (good), Crispy Garden Salad (good), Marinated Sirloin Steak (good), and the Skagway Chocolate Truffle Torte (can't remember). My DH and I also shared some Elk, but we weren't crazy about it. Keep in mind that you can always order more than one item on the menu. They are happy to let you try more than one thing!

The kids left dinner early to go to the Ratatouille Cooking School in the Lab with their friends. When DH and I finished eating, I talked him into going to see Mickey and Minnie with me. They were together in their Alaskan outfits, and I couldn't pass that up (I love getting character pics when they are wearing outfits that aren't their regular clothes).

1034 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After the pic, we went to find the kids so we could all see the show together. They had been having a fun time making cookies.

1036 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

Their friends' parents were at Palo, so the kids joined us for the show. It was The Physical Comedy of Michael Holly. Truthfully, I don't remember lots of details from this show, but I remember that we enjoyed it.

1038 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After the show, we said good-bye and headed back to our room. We were sad that our days in Alaska were over, but we were looking forward to one more relaxing day at sea!

Coming Up...Our Final Day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: