Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #91
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hopping on board for this one!

I absolutely love the ears that match the bags. So pretty and such a clever idea. I bet people were asking you constantly were you got them.

Can't wait to hear where you're off to for your DISmeet.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #92
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
ACK!!! Super sorry about posted a crappy picture - I didn't even think of that when I posted it... It was just the only group shot I had of us that day.
No no no...It is totally fine. I really don't care what I look like....DISers don't judge. I just think it is funny...Can you tell we were hungry??

Quote:
We FP'd Splash Mountain and also rode standby - as the line had just opened and the wait was about 10 minutes. Those of you who know me, know that Splash Mountain is my ULTIMATE favorite ride in Disney... So, you will also be saddened to know that these two rides on Splash were my ONLY rides the entire trip.
Awww...I didn't know that! How sad

Quote:
We had a Dismeet to coordinate... And then we were leaving MK for a few hours... Who did we meet? Where did we go???
Ooooh...ooooh.....pick me...pick me....I know!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #93
LMN
DIS Veteran

D-

so excited to see your new TR! I love your bags and have followed your previous PTRs/TRs. Are you still making your bags? For some reason I'm not finding your FB page anymore.

POR is one of our favorite resorts, so I am excited to see that you stayed at FQ. Am looking forward to seeing more of that resort.

Love seeing your bags and the headbands in action! So very cute! I would love to help finance my family's trips by creating such cuteness! You and Jen are so talented!

SOunds like your trip is off to a great start!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #94
Skycat
Earning My Ears

I am determined to try your strategy of asking the CMs for a recommendation. Sounds fun since I, too, do not have allergies nor am I very picky.

I can't believe your girls are just going back to school. I teach high school and have a 13-year-old son, and we are starting week 5!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #95
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I finally had a chance this morning to actually read all the pages. Loving the pics as well as the report. How great of Suzi to greet you! That's so special. I just love the friendships that blossom on the DIS.

We love LTT as well. The food is delish and it reminds me of Williamsburg a bit. Glad V showed up in time to eat. I'll bet a LOT of people are "in the bathroom" when the rest of the group is seated.

Since you're a celebrity, did anyone ask for your autograph??

Can't wait to read more. I guess you'll start working in your sewing room again today and I'll bet you're itching to get in there. Have a great day, whatever you do!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #96
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Sounds le you and Josh had a nice day together.
We did! Thanks Chiara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great update and that headgear....way too cute!! Dis-er's really are the best aren't they and how wonderful they came out to welcome you! No one gets the feeling of Disney like a fellow Dis-er that is for sure! Can't wait for your next update!
Thanks!!! I love my Diser friends - they really are the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom77 View Post
I agree! And I always wonder if me and my family will be in the pics!!
Hahaha... You might be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom77 View Post
We did a split stay - 5 nights at AKL Kidani and 5 nights OKW. I wasn't sure if you'd remember me from FB, but I'm glad you did!
I remember your screen name - but I don't remember your first name... Which is something I try very hard to remember - but believe it or not, in real life, I am very bad with names. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
Wow I am Late. I read your last try and your ptr and missed this until now. I love your bags, you are so talented. We are staying at pofq in Dec. So I am glad that you like it so much. We have 2 rooms as there are 6 of us going and I requested Bldg. 4 first floor.
Super happy to have you here! And thank you! You will love the FQ... And bldg 4 is a wonderful location!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Too funny about V and your having to fib in all our trips we have never eaten at LTT
Hi Sheila!!! LTT lunch is a must-do for us... We have never done dinner... We just LOVE that Freedom Pasta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
I'm just not good about getting on the computer on the weekends so that is my excuse for not making it to your TR until page 6. So excited you have gotten started and bonus for me that I don't have to wait for your updates Is it just me or do the girls look older then in their introduction pictures from the winter?
Hi Liz!!! Mo has the same problem with weekends. LOL

Well - the girls are older... I think they look older in their introduction pictures? But that's just me - because normally they aren't that done up. LOL

Quote:
I hope you enjoyed a few days "off" at home before the craziness of school starts and your sewing schedule resumes in full force. Is this V's first year of high school?
I did enjoy my few days off... I kind of wish I had more. LOL Yup - V starts high school today... I am a bit nervous for her.

Quote:
I loved reading about your surprise visit from Suzi, she is sneaky. Plus a surprise meet with the "Princess V" and Erin.
Yes - Suzi is SUPER SNEAKY... But I love her! And I was super excited to meet V and Erin too... I knew they were in the park that day - as we were doing the Dessert Party that night, but I was still surprised to run into them.

Quote:
Your first day in the MK sounds perfect. I wish that picture of you and the girls at the bus stop was not so foggy. It is a great shot but that pesky humidity ..... happens to me all of the time, especially on my video camera.
I know - I am so bummed that picture is so foggy - and it's the only one I have right now in our outfits that day, until I get my Photopass back, that is.

Quote:
Glad to hear you got to ride Splash and BTMRR. Casey's favorite is BTMRR and Curtis LOVES Splash so those will probably be our first stops but I might send DH for FPs since I don't want to get wet that early. Yes, I am that person wearing a poncho on Splash Mountain.
Hahaha... I have never worn a ponch on Splash... I always just cross my fingers (and ride in the back... LOL).

Quote:
Happy to hear V got to meet Tiana and make it time for lunch. She timed it perfectly.
Yah - I was a little stressed.

Quote:
Hope I can keep up with all you August girls and your TRs....
I am sure you will do fine... I think you need a PTR/TR of your own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Just jumped online for a quick peek and saw you'd started your TR. Page six already!!! I'll have to wait to go back and read, but I'm anxious to get to it. Be back later...
Hi Lois!!! So happy to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
My mom fail was taking my son 4 on The Great Movie Ride- how did I forget how scary that is?!?!?!

This is the day we saw you but didn't know it! We were standing right by you at rope drop but didn't know until we saw a pic on the fb later and I recognized the outfit accessories! Could have been my first Dis Meet! Oh well!
Haha... I forgot how scary the GMR was too... It's been a few years since we'd ridden it.

Bummer!!! I wish we could have met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblc14 View Post
Yep...that sounds all too familiar....
Hi Mike!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Sounds like you had a crazy busy start at MK.
We did!!! And it was so HOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Ha ha, V was so nervous to tap you. I told her just go do it trust me she'll know exactly who you are! I'd actually seen Big V a couple minutes before, I saw her headband, but didn't really see her so I didn't connect the dots until you and Ali came out.
LOL That is so cute!!! She did almost look a little surprised when I turned around and I knew exactly who she was. She is just adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hopping on board for this one!

I absolutely love the ears that match the bags. So pretty and such a clever idea. I bet people were asking you constantly were you got them.

Can't wait to hear where you're off to for your DISmeet.
Welcome!!! Yes, that constant comments about our ears/bags were crazy... I have to admit - we did start to sound pretty rehearsed after a few days, I felt badly, but there were just so many comments... LOL But it was fun!! People genuinely LOVED that the items were unique and hand made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
No no no...It is totally fine. I really don't care what I look like....DISers don't judge. I just think it is funny...Can you tell we were hungry??
I can now... but honestly... I had the jitters so bad from traveling, I am a bit annoyed with myself that I didn't notice it that moment. LOO

Quote:
Awww...I didn't know that! How sad
I know - I am a bit bummed...

Quote:
Ooooh...ooooh.....pick me...pick me....I know!
Hahaha... Maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN View Post
D-

so excited to see your new TR! I love your bags and have followed your previous PTRs/TRs. Are you still making your bags? For some reason I'm not finding your FB page anymore.

POR is one of our favorite resorts, so I am excited to see that you stayed at FQ. Am looking forward to seeing more of that resort.

Love seeing your bags and the headbands in action! So very cute! I would love to help finance my family's trips by creating such cuteness! You and Jen are so talented!

SOunds like your trip is off to a great start!
Welcome!!! Yup - still making bags... I've just been on vacation since we left for our trip... I go back to work today.

We love FQ~!!!! And we do love going over to POR too!!! It's so convenient!

Thank you!! It was so much fun to have the bags/headbands to bling up our trip... We had such wonderful and positive feedback for them. They were just enough to add Disney to our wardrobes, but not super excessive! It was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycat View Post
I am determined to try your strategy of asking the CMs for a recommendation. Sounds fun since I, too, do not have allergies nor am I very picky.

I can't believe your girls are just going back to school. I teach high school and have a 13-year-old son, and we are starting week 5!
Yes - try it!!! I have yet to get anything I don't like, and I have certainly found some new favorites!

Wow - week 5!!!! You must start early in the year!

Yesterday was a boring and lazy day at our house again...

I did a LOT of Photopass editing. I finished all of MK... I have gone from 444 photos to well over 1200. I still have all of AK to do, all of DHS and all of Epcot! I always push it right to the edge of my 30 days... I was hoping to be done sooner this time, but it's just taking soooo long!

We have been doing a bit of harvesting from Josh's garden. So, yesterday, V and I made cuumber salad... Carrot salad and carrot cake... And Josh made his Ahhh-mazing burgers on the grill!

I go back to work in my sewing room today... On one hand I am dreading it and on the other, I am looking forward to it.

Today is Victoria's first day of high school.... I cannot believe my baby is that old already! I am a bit nervous for her - I hope she is ready and she can handle it - it's going to be a HUGE transition for her. Most of all - I hope some of her peers "grew up" over the summer...

You can look for another update this morning... I want to try to keep up on them - but I am sure, once I get back into the swing of things, my updates will be a little more spread out. My apologies in advance.

I hope you all have a wonderful day... Sending good thoughts and prayers out to all in need.

D~
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #97
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 2 Part B

Once we finished lunch... I was texting Suzi to see where we should meet...

You see, today was a crazy day! I had LTT ADR at 11;30... Then our CRT ADR at 4:10... Then the Dessert Party at 8... I was super nervous about this for months, but there was just no way I could adjust it... I searched for a later CRT ADR multiple times a day for months - and LTT was the earliest possible lunch reservation... So I was stuck.

When Suzi was in MN for our birthdays, I'd asked her if - rather than going back to our resort (which would be a moot point - as we would have to turn around and go back to the park as soon as we got there) - if we could just go to the Poly and hang out with her. So, that's what we did... And I soooo appreciate her letting us do this!

OK - back to the TR...

The girls and I met up with Suzi and clan in front of Goofy on the bench by Town Hall. We all rode the Monorail together to the Poly.

The pic I sent to Mo... Suzi on the Monorail...

First order of business was for Suzi and clan to change into their swimwear... They were planning to swim in the quiet pool... This is when I got the chance to check out their room... I wanted to know how "comfortable" it would be if there were 5 people in there... It was definately bigger than our FQ room - but it would still be uncomfortable, just because there was no where to "get away" if necessary.

But I did take a few pictures - because her room was beautiful and her view was AWESOME! She was on the 3rd floor of Tokelau and it was a very nice location.

She had a view of the Castle!!!

Once everyone was changed and into their swimwear... Suzi, Sara and I had a mission... We wanted to try the Lapu-lapu... After a bit of confusion locating the correct bar - we found them at the bar attached to O'hana. While the bartender was making them, we were all getting a bit nervous - there is a LOT of alcohol in those...

Each of us took a sip... And I am pretty sure we all came to the conclusion that we didn't like them... Personally - I was a bit annoyed with myself that I had spent $14 of my precious souvenir $$ on something so wasteful... But I didn't know that until I'd had my first sip... So, live and learn... Next time - I will try a drink that is much less expensive and looks more appealing. I know there was one there that looked delicious and it was much less expensive.

With our drinks in hand, we walked down to Cpt.Cooks for snacks... I know the girls and I weren't very hungry at this point, and neither was Suzi and clan - so we decided on 2 items to share between the 6 of us... We ordered the Pork Nachos and the Cheese Flatbread...

I have to say the Pork Nachos were TDF!!!! I would make a special trip to the Poly just to have them.

The Cheese Flatbread was good... but I definately liked the Pork Nachos better.

We took our snacks over to the quiet pool, and we brought our drinks too... We were able to find a nice roofed table in the shade (now is a good time to remind you that it's HOT) were we nibbled on snacks and choked down our drinks.

Sara took Bradey into the pool... I think V may have gone with and sat on the side of the pool (we didn't have our suits with - and we know better than to use a Deluxe pool anyways)... But it was sooo quiet - I figured it was OK if she dipped her feet in...

Suzi, Alli and I continued to snack on the snacks and try to finish our drinks. I am not sure about Suzi and Sara, but I threw mine away... Which was very hard for me to do - being the Tightwad that I am... I will drink/eat every last bite of something I pay for like that, so I am not wasteful - but I just couldn't choke that down.

It wasn't too much later, and it was time for the girls and I to head back to MK for our dinner reservations...

So, we got Bradey and Sara out of the pool and went back up to Suzi's room. My phone was nearly dead, and I was going to see Suzi later that evening for the dessert party - so she was kind enough to let me use her portable battery charger... That was so sweet of her!!!

I was also starting to feel sick... I had a headache and I was starting to feel nausious. I am certain it was a combo of the heat and the drink. So, Sara had kindly given me some Tylenol to take with... I don't think I would have survived the week with out that Tylenol - as I had only brought Ibuprofen with me.

Hugs were given all around... and the girls and I were off!!!

Thank you so much Suzi for being such a good friend and giving us a place to rest up for the afternoon! It was sooooo appreciated!

We left Suzi's room at 3:30, it took the girls and I about ~2 minutes to reach the Monorail station! There was a Monorail right there waiting for us.... It couldn't have been more perfect timing.

As the girls and I were sitting on the Monorail, marveling at the fact of how quickly we were able to get to MK from the Poly - and even contemplating the worthiness of the cost difference between the Poly and FQ... The Monorail started to slow to a stop... "ding, ding, ding... Attention: We are waiting for further clearance due to routine maintenance on the Monorail at the Magic Kingdom station."

Huh??? Routine maintenance??? What are they doing??? An oil change?? Seriously???

So, there we sat... High in the sky... Between the Poly and the GF... We had 35 minutes before we had to be at CRT for our 4:10 ADR... Would we make it in time? Would we lose our reservation that V worked so hard to earn the $$ for?

Link to Day 2 Part C

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 09-04-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #98
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

D~ Great update! Your afternoon at the Poly seemed wonderful. We were booked at the Poly until the Fall discounts came out, we had decided to upgrade to CL but CL was not available at the Poly so we switched to BWI. I think it s safe to say BWI is "our home" after having stayed there our past 2 trips.

I've never had a Lapu Lapu and no longer can do alcohol because of my meds. Sorry you wasted $14 on something you did not like. Just goes to show sometimes what everyone raves about is not all it is cracked up to be.

The pork Nachos looked sooooo good.

I can't believe you got delayed on the Monorail Honestly that was another concern I had about staying at the Poly since the buses are rather a pain to use with my need of an ECV

Anxiously waiting to read all about CRT and Dessert Party. We did BOG and the Dessert Party last November and it made for a great MK evening. Doing the same this time although my ADR is a bit later this time, not till 4:50 last year was 4:30 but paying OOP this time so thinking of skipping dessert since we have the dessert party after(last year Bob and I only ate 4 Chocolate covered strawberries since we were too full)

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #99
cogero
DIS Veteran

I love your entries.

I have never been to the Poly I want to go to Ohana one day.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
Old 09-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #100
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #101
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

I am bummed about the drink, I even wrote it down while looking at the picture and then scrolled down to see that none of you liked it.....oh well, I don't know that I could bring myself to pay $14 for a drink anyways

YAY Suzi for the afternoon break. We would love to go to the poly but just cannot justify the extra $$. We might try to go and see the fireworks from the beach one night though and check it out!

Patiently awaiting the next installment..........
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #102
devonsmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

HELLO!!! I'm joining in...this is Taryn. We met twice! Just wanted to say, we were super close to you this day. The girl in the pink shirt with the braids is my niece!

COME READ MY TRIP REPORT! Girls Gone Wild 5/4-5/11 or my DINING REPORT! 5/4-5/11 w/ lots of pics!

8/15-24/13 DINING REPORT

October 2014--Wonder!
May 2014--OKW
August 2013--Polynesian, October 2012--Old Key West, May 2012--Animal Kingdom Lodge/Expedition Everest!, March 2012--Disney Magic!, Feb. 2012--Pop, Dec. 2010--Contemporary/Pop, Sept. 2009--Pop, Sept. 2008--POR, June 2004--Vistana
And many trips before!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #103
LuvDisneyMemories
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the trip reports! Those pork nachos look amazing!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #104
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

My dd Megan and I had the lapu lapu last tome....it is kicked strong...think I'll try Something else this year. Wonder if they have a Mai tai or banana mama...we'll see. But I love O'Hara and someday would love to stay at the Poly. Think I'll put that on my bucket list.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #105
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Jonah's good! He's such a little flirt and charmer, so it's hard to get anything done.

Sending pixie dust V's way for a good first day of high school.

That view is awesome.

Those nachos look delicious! Sorry to hear you didn't like the lapu lapu.

Eeks, cliffhanger. I hope you made it to CRT on time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: